All reviewsmexican breakfasta wonderful staysochihostsbnbcabo
Reviewed May 19, 2010

My hubby and I just came back from staying a week at Hacienda Escondida in Cabo San Lucas and we had a GREAT time!! I didn't want our vacation to end. I was so sad to leave I almost cry :'( This B&B is like an oasis in the middle of the dessert, literally!! The place is beautifully decorated and feels like home, no wait, better than home!! Our hosts Xochy, Jose and Gary were wonderful and very helpful even before getting there, answering to all our questions about the area and what to do while in town. The breakfasts were awesome, Xochy is a great cook!! And the mangos.......oh the mangos!!!!! so many! We also did some BBQ in their grill, that was cool. We first stayed in a regular room, very beautiful, big and clean and then decided to move to a palapa with our own jaccuzzi. We loved it!! The palapas are all very private and sooooo romantic!! I would have stayed another whole week!! If you like cozy, homy and friendly environment this is the place for you to stay while in Cabo! We'll love to come back one day!! you can check a short video of the place here:

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank PalomaKia
Reviewed April 30, 2010

This review is way loooong over due. My boyfriend and I stayed at El Nido last September and it was so relaxing. Xochi's breakfasts were delicious. The rooms and property are beautiful. Jose and Gary were totally cool and helpful. It was a nice time. We actually had the property to ourselves for a few days during the whole swine flu scare, but we loved it. We bought some of our own meat and had a little BBQ. p.s. the Tacos Chavas place that Jose recommended was yummy. I think we went there 3 times. It is a little walk into town, but it really isn't a big deal. All in all El Nido is a little oasis.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BonitaLanita
Reviewed March 14, 2010

We stayed for the first 2 nights of our honeymoon in this beautiful hotel, and our experience here left us wanting to stay longer!
The hotel is real jewel and within walking distance from all major attractions in cabo san lucas, but still far enough that you get a very good night sleep ;-)
The breakfast, in mexican home made stile with fresh fruits, was delicious.
After a hard day of tourism we really enjoyed the jacuzzi on the roof top.
We defenetly recomend this hotel in Cabo San Lucas

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank yvettchen
Reviewed February 25, 2010

El Nido Hacienda Escondida is one of the most unique places I have ever visited. My wife and I just returned from Cabo and we can't stop talking about our new paradise and our new friends Gary and Xochi. They provided excellent service and made us feel like we were family. This unique B&B has 6 rooms - 4 palapas and 2 enclosed rooms. We stayed in one of the enclosed rooms because my wife was worried about being in the open and security but after our wonderful tour with Xochi we are going to return and stay in a palapa. I spent 10 years in sales with Fairmont, Swissotel and Marriott and have stayed in some of the best hotels in the world including palaces in Switzerland and the service, cleanliness and charm of this property left a lasting impression. The room was comfortable and spotless. Xochi designed each room with its own unique flavor. You can pick a mango off of the tree in one of the rooms. The common areas are just beautiful with plants and flowers everywhere. The upper deck with jacuzzi is very romantic at night. We dried off by the outdoor fireplace and watched the stars. The breakfast was amazing. My wife said it was the best omlette she has ever eaten. If you are looking to experience Cabo and avoid the chaos of the Marina and touristy properties - you need to experience El Nido!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank dzieschang
Reviewed February 15, 2010

When my girlfriend and I arrived at "El Nido" for a two night stay in early February, Jose (the owner's son) greeted us with complementary Coronas and Tequila shots! Given the close proximity of the property to central Cabo San Lucas, we chose to leave our car parked -- and walked (approx 10 mins) to/from the marina, restaurants, etc. The outdoor courtyard (where breakfast is served) surrounds guests with beautiful trees, bouganvilla (sp?), potted plants, and tropical birds. Breakfast was delicious -- it included fresh squeezed juice, fruit, and hearty portions of traditional mexican (huevos rancheros, etc.) fare. We elected one of the two "Standard" rooms on the first floor, which we found to be tastefully decorated and quiet. The bottled waters in the refrigerator were especially appreciated after a long night of tequila-drinking! Last, we were very grateful to be granted a "late checkout" on the date of our departure.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple