All reviews mexican breakfast a wonderful stay sochi hosts bnb cabo
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Travelled with my brother to Cabo and decided to mix things up a bit and do a B&B rather than the resort route and so glad we did. El Nido was truly otherworldly. It has a luminous mid-century Spanish style flair to it. Rustic runes and vibrant colours throughout. We stayed in the rooms with A/C and seriously had the best nights sleep in many moons.

The location is only about a 10 minute walk to downtown and and a taxi to most places to and from was only $6. It's very quiet and away from all of the nightlife noise... The photo's do not do justice to their place. My brother will be posting some that he took with his professional camera... The roofdeck jacuzzi was such a nice bonus, especially after a day of activities on and near the water.

The owners Gary and Sotchie (correctly spelled. It's not Xotchil) were unbelievably generous and accomodating to us. Juice, coffee and fruits magically appeared when I stepped out every morning. Gary is a hoot too.. I asked about that one bad review on here and couldn't help but laugh but also feel sorry for business owners like them. How do you reason with crazy? If only there was a better way to screen people like that and have the rooms suddenly all booked up :)

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Weeping_Tree
Reviewed June 20, 2012

I had the most wonderful stay in Cabo this May. My hosts, Xotchil, Gary and Jose have done a huge effort to make my stay as pleasant as possible. These guys truly know how to please their guests, they offered help looking around town, showed me the best places to visit, were always available when needed, and Xotchil's homemade meals were just delicious.

I would highly recommend this place to friends or relatives without any doubt and reading this site after my stay, it surprises me that there is even one negative review of El Nido.

Room Tip: The Palapa rooms tend to get a little warm during the highest temperature months. Not so much that you could not sleep but I thought it was worth mentioning that the other rooms have A/C.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 20, 2012

My niece and I spent the past week at El Nido and we LOVED being there with Xotchil, Gary, Jose, and Ali!! It was pure Paradise!! Amazing people, So Accomodating and always warm and caring! My niece even told her boyfriend that El Nido is where they will get Married someday!! I wanted my neice's first experience in Cabo to be extra special, as she just graduated High School and will be heading off to college in the fall. I wanted her to experience the Authentic flavor of Mexico and, If y'all will take a look at their site and photos, you will see that I picked THE PERFECT PLACE!! It was our own private Hacienda! It is surrounded by High stone walls and it is BEYOND safe!! They even have a beautiful sweet, alert dog, Russo!! Our room was Huge, spotless, air-conditioned, fridge in room, ceiling fan, Really comfy bed, and I could go on and on...Xotchi made us incredible breakfasts every day no matter what time we awoke! She packed our breakfasts up to take on the plane home yesterday!! Gary even took us into town twice!! Xotchil called taxis for us at all hours and the taxi service she uses is WAY cheaper and much more Reliable than any other taxi service in Cabo. They really cater to El Nido and are always Super Friendly and courteous. HI MARIO!!
Now,I'd like to address the poor review from Magdalena B, I was present and witnessed the entire scene these girls created on their last morning at El Nido. They appeared Hung over and/or drugged when they came out of their room, they were in a rush to get to the airport and were already angry and being abusive to Xotchil (who had reserved their taxi the night before, AT THEIR request) Gary, her husband and co-owner, saw how these girls were treating his wife, He simply came to her defense and asked the girls to leave, at which point, the girls started cursing at Gary, made threats and refused to pay for their stay. One girl finally calmed down enough and paid their bill.
It's unfortunate that these girls abusive, unladylike behavior caused an ugly scene in such a beautiful place, upset and hurt such lovely, gracious hosts, and their own vacation ended on such a sad note.
We, however, are grateful for their departure, and went on to have the Trip of a Lifetime!!
Xotchil, Gary, Jose, and Ali, Gracias para Todo! See you Next time!! I will bring my whole family!!

Room Tip: We loved the privacy of Room #2, first floor!It was quiet and noone could walk past our door!!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Debra K
Reviewed June 15, 2012

*Owners will COERCE for CASH through threats
*Mexican Authorities ARE getting involed
The owner Gary and his Wife Xotchil attempted to lock me and my girlfriend in their place unless we used their taxi services or pay them off. We were threatened, cussed at and pushed.
We finally payed them off in fear.

*Room Mis-represented
*Rooms Unsafe and open to public. Anyone can walk in or climb through the balcony
*No locks on Doors
*Trumped Up Charges

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 28, 2012

After staying here last year and having a most wonderful time, my wife and I could not stop dreaming of El Nido.

So when winter came around and we got the itch to go back to Cabo again, there was no question as to where we would stay.

The kindness and generosity shown by Gary, Sotchie and Jose is unparalleled, making our stay an amazing experience.

If you are into the mega resort all-inclusive scene, then this isn't the place for you. But, if you want to get a true feel of Mexican warmth and hospitality, then you will fall in love with this place as we did.

Here's a video of one of the standard rooms we stayed in: http://youtu.be/68WvxRDneYo

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple