All reviewsmexican breakfasta wonderful staysochihostsbnbcabo
Reviewed September 2, 2011

Spent three nights at this marvellous B&B and wish we could have stayed longer! Tucked away from the noisy central area of town, yet within easy reach, this perfect corner of paradise offers great moments of peace in its splendid tropical garden; the upper terrace, which features a big hot tub for 6 people, is an absolute treat and we were tempted to spend the whole night up there, falling asleep while watching the stars! Gary and his wife are extremely pleasant and their sense of hospitality is great. Our reservation and all subsequent communications were professionally handled by Jose, who made us feel welcome from thousands of miles away! Rooms are big, spotless, smartly decorated in pure Mexican tradition and very, very comfy; the beds are heavenly! Breakfast is rich, tasty, greatly cooked and really made us looking forward to it every morning! The service by all staff is consistent, peofessional and extremely polite. We fell in love with this place!

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed April 10, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for five nights in early April 2011 and you couldn't ask for a nicer place. The rooms are beautiful and immaculate and Gary and Xoschi and the best innkeepers you will ever meet. They are so welcoming and will make sure you have a wonderful stay. The homemade breakfast is delicious - one of the best I have ever had. I can't wait to return to Cabo and this is the only place I will stay!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LauraFairfax_VA
Reviewed March 28, 2011

My husband and I have been staying here for the past 3 years. This is a truly hidden gem with outstanding service, breakfast, rooms and the most kind hearted people you will ever meet!! We love Xochitl, Gary and Jose and we will be back to see them again in December!!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 17, 2011

Absolutely loved staying here! The place is gorgeous! True Mexican feel. Once we stepped inside we experienced a slice of paradise. This hacienda has 6 rooms. 4 of those rooms have partial walls. It makes the rooms absolutely fantastic. We loved waking up to the blue skies and bright sun. In the evenings the room was turned into the most romantic place ever thanks to the perfectly placed lighting, open skies and stars.

The owners are super pleasant! The service is great! We felt like we were home. Sochi (the owner) prepares a wonderful mexican breakfast. The common area of the hacienda is the cutest space ever. It includes hammock, hot tub, numerous tables, grill, water fountains and live birds.

Highly recommend this hotel and would definitely come back.

Owners speak English, Spanish and Russian.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Donchik
Reviewed February 12, 2011

We are still basking in our wonderful memories of this place. From the time you arrive and step through the weathered wooden gate nestled under vines, you feel like you've entered a hidden garden of eden. There are trickling fountains everywhere, lovely multi-colored birds chirping in their cages, and so many little places to explore and appreciate. The furniture they've used throughout the courtyards and bedrooms is so beautiful, all lending to the feel of old-world Mexican charm. In the evening, it transforms into this cozy, romantic setting, with candles everywhere and soft lighting througout.

My husband and I traveled here with two other couples, and spent two wonderful days and nights here before moving on to spend another week at one of the cabo resorts. Our friends stayed in the palapa rooms, which were absolutely gorgeous. My husband and I stayed in one of the enclosed rooms, and it was also soo very lovely and peaceful. The beds were VERY comfortable, which was quite a shock to us having stayed on many of the harder beds in Mexico in past years. Our friends who stayed in the palapa rooms did comment on some rooster noise, but I don't think that ended up mattering too much at all. We also enjoyed the use of the rooftop garden. We used the rooftop jacuzi on both nights of our stay, relaxing with drinks and sharing stories of the day. And in the morning the ladies would put on our lush bathrobes (courtesy of El Nido), go get our tea or coffee, and sit up in the morning sun, enjoying the feel of it all while waiting for our breakfast call. And the breakfasts, oh my... I never expected such wonderful, made-to-order food. I regret that I only stayed there to enjoy two of the choices on Sochi's menu... they were all so wonderful!!!!

I think I could write another 10 pages on this place and the folks who run it. It was just too wonderful for words, and I can honestly say I've never been treated better in any other place I have vacationed. Sochi (I apoligize if I've misspelled your name), Gary and Jose, we just can't thank you enough for your hospitality and for all of the little things you did to make us feel at home. You 3 are such WONDERFUL people who really treated us like family. And of COURSE thank you for sharing your new little Ruso with us; for us dog lovers, he was a little slice of heaven!

This is a very VERY special place, and I would highly recommend it for anyone who wants to experience some real Mexican charm and beauty.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple