All reviewsmexican breakfasta wonderful staysochihostsbnbcabo
Reviewed March 17, 2011

Absolutely loved staying here! The place is gorgeous! True Mexican feel. Once we stepped inside we experienced a slice of paradise. This hacienda has 6 rooms. 4 of those rooms have partial walls. It makes the rooms absolutely fantastic. We loved waking up to the blue skies and bright sun. In the evenings the room was turned into the most romantic place ever thanks to the perfectly placed lighting, open skies and stars.

The owners are super pleasant! The service is great! We felt like we were home. Sochi (the owner) prepares a wonderful mexican breakfast. The common area of the hacienda is the cutest space ever. It includes hammock, hot tub, numerous tables, grill, water fountains and live birds.

Highly recommend this hotel and would definitely come back.

Owners speak English, Spanish and Russian.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Donchik
Reviewed February 12, 2011

We are still basking in our wonderful memories of this place. From the time you arrive and step through the weathered wooden gate nestled under vines, you feel like you've entered a hidden garden of eden. There are trickling fountains everywhere, lovely multi-colored birds chirping in their cages, and so many little places to explore and appreciate. The furniture they've used throughout the courtyards and bedrooms is so beautiful, all lending to the feel of old-world Mexican charm. In the evening, it transforms into this cozy, romantic setting, with candles everywhere and soft lighting througout.

My husband and I traveled here with two other couples, and spent two wonderful days and nights here before moving on to spend another week at one of the cabo resorts. Our friends stayed in the palapa rooms, which were absolutely gorgeous. My husband and I stayed in one of the enclosed rooms, and it was also soo very lovely and peaceful. The beds were VERY comfortable, which was quite a shock to us having stayed on many of the harder beds in Mexico in past years. Our friends who stayed in the palapa rooms did comment on some rooster noise, but I don't think that ended up mattering too much at all. We also enjoyed the use of the rooftop garden. We used the rooftop jacuzi on both nights of our stay, relaxing with drinks and sharing stories of the day. And in the morning the ladies would put on our lush bathrobes (courtesy of El Nido), go get our tea or coffee, and sit up in the morning sun, enjoying the feel of it all while waiting for our breakfast call. And the breakfasts, oh my... I never expected such wonderful, made-to-order food. I regret that I only stayed there to enjoy two of the choices on Sochi's menu... they were all so wonderful!!!!

I think I could write another 10 pages on this place and the folks who run it. It was just too wonderful for words, and I can honestly say I've never been treated better in any other place I have vacationed. Sochi (I apoligize if I've misspelled your name), Gary and Jose, we just can't thank you enough for your hospitality and for all of the little things you did to make us feel at home. You 3 are such WONDERFUL people who really treated us like family. And of COURSE thank you for sharing your new little Ruso with us; for us dog lovers, he was a little slice of heaven!

This is a very VERY special place, and I would highly recommend it for anyone who wants to experience some real Mexican charm and beauty.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank fishstyx430
Reviewed February 6, 2011

My wife and I were recently planning a winter holiday to Cabo San Lucas, and during our research we found El Nido at Hacienda Escondida. This was the exactly the kind of place we were looking for, having stayed in B&Bs on our honeymoon in England. After reading over 40 reviews and not finding one negative comment, we decided to book our stay there.

All I can say is OMG! What a wonderful, wonderful place to stay! The hosts, Gary, Sotchie, and Jose are super, super friendly and make you feel right at home. Their 3 month old puppy Russo is adorable, and the breakfasts Sotchie and her assistant Lily prepared for us each morning are to die for, not to mention enjoying them in a beautiful courtyard with the serenading of budgies in the background!

This truly is an oasis in the desert! No phones, no TV, no internet - paradise if you want to get away from it all.

We are already looking forward to coming back next winter.

Here's a short video of the courtyard area:

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 23, 2010

Sochi, Gary and Jose have turned this quiet nieghborhood lot in to a slice of paradise. It would be enough to enjoy the beautiful room and common spaces but their hospitality makes it a cut above. You are truly made to feel you are part of the family. Sochi's breakfasts were the best food in town. Our room was spacious, beautifully appointed and had all the comforts of home. We chose the air conditioned room because we're very citified people. The palapas rooms were amazing and would be just the ticket for a romantic getaway. If you want to experience Cabo's culture, this is where you should stay.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2010

We spent only one night at El Nido but would recommend staying here longer if you plan on spending some time in Cabo and don't want to stay with hundreds of people on the beaches. This little place was an amazing surprise for us. The grounds were once a gravel parking lot that the owners built into this beautiful bed and breakfast. You feel as if it's been there for years wiith plants and trees growing everywhere! There is amazing tile work in the rooms, comfortable beds and the hosts are amazing!
We were greeted with cold Coronas and shown around the courtyard and to our room. We chose the more inexpensive route and got a bottom floor room. We were not disappointed. It was so quiet that we felt like we were the only ones there but found a few others at breakfast the next morning - which was totally traditional and delicious. I could see where renting this entire place for a group vacation would be ideal.
If you want to stay somewhere unique, away from the crowds with real character El Nido is where you want to be! If we go back to Cabo we won't hesitate to stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple