“Gorde Lele ... a Cabo Icon”

Gordo Lele's Tacos & Tortas
Ranked #97 of 572 Restaurants in Cabo San Lucas
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Springfield, Oregon
“Gorde Lele ... a Cabo Icon”
Reviewed May 31, 2009

Get Javier to sing for you. He's the Fifth Beatle. Great tacos etc and almost free ... an unbelievable value!

los angeles
“Disappointed...”
Reviewed May 30, 2009

After eating at Gordo Lele's I was disappointed to say the very least. I was NOT surrounded by merry travelers and a host of a good time, but sat in a silent room as Gordo was half asleep behind the grill. The tacos were good for the first couple of bites, but the last few gave me a preview of what was soon to come later that day. I have eaten out of some of the best "hole-in-the-wall" eateries, and welcome a great adventure and meal. I would not recommend this place if that is what you are looking for. All I got from my experience was sick.

6 Thank laurel45
Scottsdale, AZ
“The most unsanitary restaurant I have ever seen.”
Reviewed May 28, 2009

We read about this taco stand online, and went there for lunch. It was closed when we arrived but a local on a nearby payphone whistled at us and said it would be open in 5 minutes. When we did sit, a taxi arrived out front, honked and someone from Gordo's ran out and retrieved a plastic grocery bag full of meat from him which was dumped directly on the grill. That should have been our 1st warning. My husband asked if there were any nearby restrooms, and was escorted to a non-closed off bathroom in the kitchen. There was only a half door to the bathroom and the toilet which needed cleaning was literally 5 feet from the grill We also watched as they dropped dishes on the floor, picked them up and served them to other patrons. They served all food on plates that were covered with plastic bags. Perhaps, so they would not have to wash dishes, as they also did not have a sink besides the one in the aforementioned bathroom. A I am happy to entertain the idea of small local restaurants, but Gordo Lele's does not seem clean or sanitary enough to be serving food without patrons being sick, which 2 of us were.

9 Thank Melissa28
Anacortes, Washington
“Best tacos in Cabo!”
Reviewed May 27, 2009

Javier really know how to make a good taco. On my recent trip I had the carne asada (15 pesos) and the shrimp (20 pesos). Both were excellent, but I think I like the carne asada best. He's also quiet the entertainer. When he's not cooking, he will sing lots of Beattle songs for you.

1 Thank NewGrama
Houston, TX
“What a Hoot!”
Reviewed May 26, 2009

This place was an epic bargain. Very small; if you require ultra cool a/c, you might want to skip it. Tacos for 15 pesos, and the filling was plentiful and tasty. Inexpensive beer served in styrofoam cup. Welcoming locals and grizzled expats telling stories. When the chef does his karaoke, boy that is just a sight you have to be there for. He is a very fine singer.

1 Thank Decklid18