“TA meet on April 19, 2009”

Gordo Lele's Tacos & Tortas
Ranked #88 of 616 Restaurants in Cabo San Lucas
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed May 5, 2009

It was great to meet some new friends and especially Javier.. I love the way he sing to me..We were lucky to get a few songs! I love the hat he gave me!!!!! I wear it all the time. I hope to see the #1 FAN License Plate up on the wall next time we visit in October. I hope the Boston Redsox shirt fits you Javier. The food was great and the service even better. Please take it from me, visit Gordo Lele's when you are in Cabo, you will be glad you did......miss it already

1  Thank lovethebeachMA

Reviewed May 1, 2009

My husband & I just happened upon this great place through people we met from Red Deer ,Alberta,Canada in Cabo San Lucas. Food was great as well as the price but the highlight was when Javier sang ` What a Wonderful World` by Louis Armstrong.We taped it but our camera was stolen so we have to go back.. Javier is a very humble man & hard worker & we will be back to visit this special little `spot` in Cabo .
If you are looking for white table cloths & fine wine...don`t go there...if you are looking for great food & great hospitality, this is the place to visit .
Also if your a Beatles fan this is a must see.....
Thanks Javier, Ron & Annadeane, Ottawa, Ontario,Canada

1  Thank akerr
Reviewed April 30, 2009

We recently returned from a 5 day trip in Cabo and were so excited about trying Gordo Lele's after reading all of the great reviews on TA. Gordo did not sing as we had hoped, in fact he greeted us at the door and then left. We didn't see him again during our entire meal. We ordered the special and a shrimp taco for lunch (thank goodness we only waisted our time for lunch and not a dinner at this place). I had special, which was pretty much a glorified ham and cheese sandwhich with some type of beef along with the ham on two soggy pieces of bread. My wife ordered the shrimp taco and much to her suprise, there wasn't a single piece of shrimp, ony fish in the taco. The food was mediocre, but cheap so we weren't entirely upset as we would have been if we spent alot of money. There are much better locations in town besides Gordo Lele's, try Maro's if you are looking for good food at a decent price.

4  Thank jthompfam
Reviewed April 29, 2009

We go to Cabo every year and this year we went to Gordo's on a tip from a friend we met at the pool at Playa Grande.
We Went there and had a Great Time and the food is wonderful........we laughed and could not believe we had not been there before....

Reviewed April 28, 2009

If you lean towards the neater places frequented by tourists, this is the wrong place for you. If you want a place with character and fantastic local food, which is hard to find in Cabo, this is the place. It's a few blocks away from the marina and past the tacky shops and Cabo Wabo dreck. It's poorly marked and small and hot inside, which is to say, it's a perfect taco stand.
Tacos are made fresh and overflow the homemade tortilla. Fish or shrimp tacos are about $2. Beef is around $1.50. Green and red sauces on the table are outstanding. The green has a tomatillo and lime tang. The red is spicier. Try both. Beer is cheap two, and a perfect accompaniment.

If you're lucky, Javier will be there when you arrive. He's quite a crooner, which you gather from the decor, heavy on Beatles posters.

2  Thank ericwebber