“Outstanding!”

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Seattle
“Outstanding!”
Reviewed February 17, 2009

Gordo Lele's is a tiny cafe with a short menu and astoundingly delicious food. My favorites are camerones tacos (fresh grilled shrimp, fresh corn, avocado, tomato on a soft taco), carne asada (grilled beef, onions, topped with avocado and tomato), and the ham & cheese tortas (a grilled ham and cheese sandwich that defines description).

Current prices are 15 for tacos and 35 for tortas but hopefully Javier will raise them a bit because that's just too darn cheap for what you get.

Drinks are sodas, water or Pacifico pulled from the frig.

I won't spoil the surprise, but be prepared... there may be singing!!

Located on Matamoros, right hand side of the street walking inland between L. Cardenas and Los Milagros hotel.

6 Thank suze2you

San Diego
“Places like this is why Trip Advisor is great”
Reviewed February 11, 2009

Who would know to go to this place if it weren't for trip advisor?
It's all true. Javier is great, but even without Javier's songs the tacos are truly amazing and a phenomenal deal. I think he cooks first, then sings, not sure if he always sings or not? Yes, a small hole in the wall. I wish I could have tried all the tacos, my chorizo one was melt in your mouth.

2 Thank akommers
Houston
“Fantastic!!!”
Reviewed February 9, 2009

This place is great! Little Trouble to find. Just walk down the street between Giggle Marlin and Cabo Wabo....Red Sign above the door! We tired beef, chicken, and fish...Beef was our favorite....A must go....BTW, Gordo sells beer now!!! Love it.

3 Thank oreo2363
San Francisco, California
“I Found God in a Taco”
Reviewed February 8, 2009

I was extremely skeptical about this place. A tiny hole-in-the-wall that I would routinely pass. Even with great TripAdvisor reviews, once I got there I started to shake. Moreover, I also could not imagine that any good taco could be much better than any other good taco. Let me say something with no mental reservation whatsoever: my view of what a taco can be has been changed forever. FOREVER. Yes Gordo was charming, yes he has decent pitch. None of that matters. I had a fish taco and a shrimp taco. I nearly fell out of my cheap seat, pulled all the cheap tableclothes off the cheap tables, ripped the cheap decor from the walls and screamed "I've been saved. Thank God almighty."

4 Thank Tommy_Sirko
Los Angeles
“I Agree”
Reviewed February 6, 2009

It was really not hard to find. Up Matmoros only slightly more than a block from the main road near the Marina on the right side.

taco's were Great. The Special Torta is huge and also very good and the beer was cold and the songs great.

He's open every day from about 8a-8p.

1 Thank jjmmd2003