“Great cheap lunch”

Ranked #104 of 597 Restaurants in Cabo San Lucas
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed October 8, 2012

After seeing Tripadvisor forum regulars rave about Gordo Lele's I put this place on my to-do list. While out walking around town with my wife, I told her I was taking her this great taco place that everyone was talking about. She was SO excited. When we rounded the corner and she saw the place, her jaw about hit the ground. "That's it!", she said, "You drug me down here to go THERE?" But, she is game, and she does love Mexican food, so in we went. We were met by a nice man who told us he spoke no english, but directed us to sit down, and then gave us menus. We were the only ones in there for lunch. I asked him what kinds of beers he had, and he walked over to the refrigerator and brought us back two Pacificos. Ok... I guess that's what they had. I ordered a fish taco and she ordered a beef taco. The man then disappered back into the kitchen and went to work preparing our lunch. We were wondering where the famous Javier was that everyone raves about, and about that time he came in hauling bags of groceries from the store. After putting them down he came over and introduced himself to us and thanked us for coming in. Really nice guy. The tacos were quite big, very good and prepared fresh. We loved them. Had another beer, and the total bill was about $6. Our recommendation: When in Cabo, definitely go to Gordo Lele's. Unless your a pretentious highbrow snob who thinks tacos served on a plate wrapped in a baggie is uncouth. Then, don't go there.

1  Thank Mike C

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Stopped by again on our trip to Cabo and had some good tacos at a good price. A definite stop each time we visit Cabo.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Best tacos ever, anywhere and very inexpensive. We had chicken and shrimp tacos. Don't let the fact that it's a "hole in the wall" stop you. There is a reason TA'ers rave about this place and we have joined the ranks of the ravers. Lunch for $9 for two. Hungry, it'll be $11. Put it on your must try list.

1  Thank sndovale
Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

I had the shrimp taco and the steak taco and they were both delicious! The shrimp one was probably my favourite. I'm not sure if it was the food, the owners adorable dog or the beatles memorabilia that sucked me in, but either way, I will be heading back there tomorrow night!

Reviewed September 25, 2012

I work on a cruise ship and found this place in the Trip Advisor downloadable guide. It was a little bit of a walk from where out ship was offloading people but absolutely worth it. Gordo Leles is a local favorite and I understand why.

Don't be fooled by the appearance of the place. The outside has caged windows and is very unassuming. Walk in and immediately you notice the place is covered in Beatles memorabilia from wall to wall. No AC so it does get warm in there but the owner set up a fan right next to us so that was at least helpful.

The shrimp tacos were my personal favorite even though everyone raves about the beef tacos. The shrimp have more to them and a really nice flavor. I tried the beef, chicken and shrimp tacos. At $1.50 each what do you have to lose??

Will probably go back next time there. Such a great experience for something less touristy.