“Cabo wasn't all that....”

Los Cabos Deep Blue
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage
Reviewed June 28, 2011

We took a trip to Cabo because we heard the diving was awesome... the best diving in the world... etc. It was me my wife and two teenage girls.

First of all, the cost of diving in Cabo is very expensive, escpecially for what you get. You aren't going out on some yacht with 5 star facilities, lounge, bathroom, sun deck, etc. It is a boat that has the ability to hold 6-8 people and that is about it.

However, Oscar was a nice guy to work with and his rates were similar to everyone else. His equipment is OK, very well used. Not state of the art, but the got air to you.

Our dive sucked.... We had originally planed multiple dives on multiple days, but after the first one, we said forget this.... The water was terrible..... visibility was 5-7 feet, water temperature was about 58 degrees and there was nothing exciting about it.

Yes, we did do 1 dive, but the price we paid for 1 day was way too much.

I can't say that this dive shop is any better or any worse than others. I can just say Oscar was nice, spoke English and the event was average at best.

When booking dives, don't pre-pay for them. Negotiate the price and pay when you are done.

1  Thank viper19692

Reviewed May 8, 2011

Just Returned from Cabo and Dove three Days with Baja Dive this was one of the best experence's Diving I ever had.The trip started out with a 8:00am pick up from our Hotel after a short ride to the Dive Shop Located in the Wyndham Cabo San Lucas conveniently located in the Cabo Marina.We were greeted by Dee and Carla the owners who were very helpfull in explaining all the Different Dive sites so we could make a good Decision as where to make our first Dive.This was very important because we had not dove in three years and wanted to take it easy on the first Day.
Carlos then gave us a free refresher course to assure we were ready to Dive.After the class we were fitted in our gear it was all new and fit great.The crew loaded all the gear on the boat and we headed off to Pelican rock. By the time we arrived there the Dive Crew had all the gear set up and ready to go.Getting on and off there big Boat was a breeze with a big ladder and lots of help from the Capt. we felt pamperd and a ease.
The Dive s were great lots of fish and calm clear water.I have never seen a more attentive Dive Master.On A scale of 1 to 10 baja Dive gets a 12

1  Thank verquin
Reviewed March 9, 2011

First dive shop to dive with in Cabo, the Owner Oscar is a nice guy know doubt. But Beware when you go out to the Gordon Banks. I was by myself diving with two new open water divers. We took the two hour ride out to the Gordon Banks. Short breifing , down the anchor line goes the dive instructor , then the open water divers , then me. Strong current, had to stay on the line. Next thing I notice is were going deeper and deeper 142 feet. way past recreational diver limits. The instructor was 12 feet down the line , I could get his attention. We all almost ran out of air during the safty stop. had to buddy breath with , instructor , then one of the other divers. Not cool at all. Be care when diving in Mexico , they don't follow the dive laws.

2  Thank garygman
Reviewed February 19, 2011

This was our first dive trip in Cabo San Lucas. Everyone at Deep Blue were very friendly and helpful with the gear. I'll definitely dive again with them.

Reviewed February 15, 2011

I did four dives with Deep Blue in January and they were fantastic! Oscar specializes in small groups and really makes you feel at home. I was the only diver on all 4 dives, which allowed for some exciting opportunities, including a very deep dive. My dive-master was Geraldo and he was great. I would highly recommend this dive operation if you are looking for an exciting, safe and personalized dive experience.