“A favorite succumbing to it's own success and insane Credit Card Minimum”
Review of Mi Casa

Mi Casa
Ranked #65 of 597 Restaurants in Cabo San Lucas
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Mi casa authentic Mexican Restaurant
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I have been coming to Mi Casa for years, it's a touchstone when I go to Cabo, and I love the place. Had dinner there tonight and I noted a few differences that took a bit of the enjoyment out of the still great food (fresh tortillas, etc) and ambience. Incidentally for Friday night the place was surprisingly empty.
1. Guacamole was not prepared table side
2. Mariachis were very demanding and said they had 'fixed' prices after the first song (wanted $7 for one additional song, after tipping them $5). I realize this might not be directly under control of the management but these are 'house musicians'. Unlike other Mexican restaurants, mariachis do not walk in off of the street.
3. There is a sticker on the menu, last page (which I did not see, since its in the deserts section), that states there is a minimum for use of credit cards of $USD 80. We were 2 couples, with separate checks, and my bill before tip was $48 USD. I handed the waiter my Visa card, and he called over a senior waiter, who ultimately agreed to accept my credit card. That is the highest minimum I have ever seen anywhere in the world for use of a credit card.
4. As we were leaving, the 'greeter' at the door, also calls cabs, and as we got in, we saw the driver slip $USD 2 to this person. We paid the same amount to return to villa del arco, but felt bad for the taxi driver who had to provide a 'kick back' to be allowed to pick up passengers.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Beautiful atmosphere we didn’t know if we were seated inside or out until we say the moon thru the roof then still didn’t know. A real Mexican restaurant… no chips and salsa - food was great and priced right. Very relaxing and we will be back next year.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

Food was a little disappointing and sevrice was slow but it was VERY busy. Fresh made tortillas right in dining room which is beautiful. Would consider trying again just for the whole atmosphere. once you get inside, it opens up and feels like you are in someones lit up backyard. Nice little gift store too.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Mi Casa is a traditional Mexican restaurant with great service and excellent food. The facility is far larger than it appears as its multiple levels go up the hillside. You know the tortillas are homemade because you walk past the lady making them when you enter the dining area. The day that we were there, they had fresh yellow tail, which was excellently prepared in a flavorful spicy sauce.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

We ate at Mi Casa twice during our vacation in Cabo and both times the food and service were excellent. We selected Mi Casa as a destination based on recommendations from friends and they didn't steer us wrong. The food was fresh, tasty, and delivered quickly; the drinks were hand made, no pre-mix margaritas! They also feature Don Julio as their primary tequila and if you're a tequila aficianado as I am it makes a big difference in the taste of their margaritas.

Overall, dining at Mi Casa was a great experience for us. The cost for dinner was very reasonable and the food was high quality. We definitely recommend this restaurant to vacationers in Cabo!