This was our first experience staying at Casa Dorada and after experiencing such first class accommodations and service, it won’t be our last! We have always contently stayed at other Medano beach hotels and have only walked through Casa Dorada noting how upscale and luxurious it is. So when the opportunity came to stay here we jumped at it.
From the moment we arrived, we were treated like VIP guests.
Emma the concierge was very friendly and welcoming and the ice cold welcome margaritas are always a nice touch. We pleasantly surprised to find that we had been assigned to one of the penthouse suites (Cactus). This was by far the nicest room I have ever stayed in.
The penthouse is palatial! The sliding doors open up the entire length of the living room to the most spectacular view of lands end and Medano Beach. The terrace has 3 separate seating areas and are very well appointed with comfortable lounge chairs you can actually lay down on. The private hot tub was a very nice indulgence indeed. The bedrooms are huge and have good closet/shelf/drawer space. The beds are very comfortable and the bedding is really high quality (no, unwashed polyester bedspreads in this place) The bathrooms are huge and very nicely designed. We had a bit of trouble getting the water hot enough for showers but found if you let it run awhile it was fine.
The full kitchen has high end appliances and a full sized fridge/freezer. Of course we didn’t ever cook any meals with so many great restaurants in near vicinity but enjoyed snacks and lots of adult beverages. We did find that the kitchen could be a bit more adequately stocked with such things as more glasses (there were only 4) and knifes – we had only one giant carving knife for cutting limes. It would also be really helpful to have some plastic glasses, especially when using the hot tub or going down to the pool.
The staff was sincerely friendly and accommodating. Arturo at the front desk was especially helpful in letting us stay in the same room when we were scheduled to be moved. The bellhops greeted us by name and were always friendly. Maydan restaurant serves a really nice buffet breakfast until noon – lots of fresh made items and fruits to choose from.
POOL, BEACH, GROUNDS
The pool area is well designed with lots of comfortable chairs, umbrellas and swim up bar. Several hammocks near the jacuzzi were very inviting. We prefer the beach area and loved that towels were already provided on the comfortable lounge beds. Very attentive food/beverage service on the beach too. We didn’t partake in any spa or gym services (we’re lazy) but went in to take a look – very impressive looking facilities. As mentioned, Casa Dorada is a very easy (10 minute) walk to town and the marina and located near all the beach restaurants. Water activities are located right in front of Casa Dorada and the activity guys are really accommodating and friendly.
• internet is $10 a day (a bit spendy) – I never did pay to get on but heard you could access the internet via the flatscreen tv’s in the room. The Bahia across the street offers free internet – walk over to their lobby.
• 2 little stores right out the front door – to the left and right.
• $6 taxi ride to town – bring exact change as some claim not to have change
• Taxi back to the airport is $70 (worth it to be able to stay until the last minute)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With an incomparable location on Medano Beach -- the best swimmable beach of Cabo, Casa Dorada is just steps away from world-class shopping, dining, entertainment, and the marina. As a member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts, a collection of the world’s finest independent luxury hotels, Casa Dorada Los Cabos brings the upscale service and family-friendly features to the Cabo San Lucas oceanfront. The Resort grants visitors a more convenient, yet equally spectacular, alternative to the more remote hotel zone of the Tourist Corridor. Boasting unobstructed vistas of Land’s End and the famous Arch, Casa Dorada is just 30 minutes away from Los Cabos International Airport. All of the 185 spacious one-, two- and three-bedroom suites and penthouses, open up to Los Cabos’ most dazzling ocean view, while the luminous and contemporary interiors ensure your comfort and satisfaction. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelPower so you can book your Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Dorada Los Cabos Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas