“Beautiful Resort”

Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa
Ranked #19 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed April 19, 2010

Just got back from an eight day stay at Casa Dorada in Los Cabos and I already miss it. I went with a group of eight (4 couples) and we had a fantastic time. Lesly at the front desk is awesome- super friendly and helpful! We were all upgraded from a deluxe room to a one bedroom suite which was a bonus. The rooms are huge and with two patios. The view from the resort is amazing. The lobby entrance is breathtaking. It takes you literally 5 minutes to walk to the beach. And, 10-15 minutes to walk to the marina and to town. We didn't have to take the taxi at all. The Spa was amazing we all had a massage. The spa facility is free to use for all guests, you just have to pay for services. The food was good and for a decent price, service was available on the beach as well. It's a fairly big resort so you do have to walk around the resort to get to places. The two pools were beautiful and spacious, there is also a swim up bar. The resort overall was very well maintained. Room service was prompted. You can exchange USD for pesos at the front desk, but do go early in the morning as their stash runs low throughout the day. We will definitely be back when we go back to Los Cabos!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (2,069)

Reviewed April 6, 2010

This was our first time to Cabo San Lucas, and I took a gamble with this hotel. We stayed in a Jr. Suite which was very pretty and well kept; however we were placed on the 4th floor directly overlooking the Office and Mango Deck. The view was still pretty BUT the noise level at night and in the morning (due to the trash truck and workers) was highly upsetting and annoying. Besides where our room was located, the hotel is very pretty and within walking distance of everything. It was nice not having to pay for a cab all 5 days we were there. The food was great and the drinks strong! We never participated in any sales offers/90 minute presentations. It was definitely not worth our time especially when we wanted to be laying out by the pool at 8AM. Competetion for seats next to the pool is ridiculous. People start putting towels out before 7AM. There is definitely not enough room on the pool deck. The beach is pretty but abnoxiously busy in front of the Office and Mango Deck. If you want busy and lots going on - stay here - you can't beat the view either - it's really amazing. Definitely recommend a snorkeling tour and the wild canyon ziplines. Sooooo worth it! Our favorite memories from the trip.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
TheManagement01, General Manager at Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2010

Dear survivor1979,

Thank you very much for your comments and overall positive feedback! As you correctly mentioned, besides the room’s ample space & décor, the views and the staff, one of our guests’ favorite aspects, is Casa Dorada’s location – close to everything that Cabo San Lucas has to offer. Indeed, a lot of people forgo taxi service and just take a walk to downtown or the marina.

We were lucky enough to have an impressive demand for February and March and both months boasted average occupancies above 90%. Evidently, this represents certain pressures to our services and facilities which in general terms we can successfully manage. Nevertheless, the amount of people at our pool areas was, at some days and hours, superior to our capacity and that is why we enforce a first-come first-served policy for lounge chairs; this way, we try to have availability to all of our guests all of the time. Having said that, I apologize that you had problems finding availability, at certain times. Consequently and based on this year’s experience, we are in the process of acquiring additional lounge chairs.

I thank your preference,

Victor Gomez

Reviewed April 5, 2010

We have enjoyed this place in the past and certainly the staff at the poolside bar and restaurant is amongst the top in the world. The rest of the story was a bit sad. First off it took them 15 minutes to find our reservation after immediately telling us that it couldn't be found in the system. This is not the first time that's happened. Our room assignment was pathetic given we had made the reservation 9 months in advance. The first morning the hot water in the shower was tepid at best even when turned all the way to hot. The water in the pool was warmer. I think they must turn the boiler off at night and fire it back up again at 8:00

I try to keep track of my business via the internet and this time the wireless connection was spotty at best and most of the time impractical to do what I needed to do. A conversation with the GM was somewhat meaningless as he told me they were about to fix the problem and that my next stay would be much better. (If there is one). My wife had to pay for the hardwired connection in their "business center" but at least she could get her email read in less than 45 minutes.

I'd still recommend staying here, but you should get a deal, because it's not quite worth what we have been paying.

It was nice to see it full this time during spring break.

Dear DMenscha,

I thank you for your continued preference and for the wonderful comments on our staff and the pool-sice service.

Nevertheless, I am sorry to read that not all aspects of your stay were as should be expected of a luxury resort and I apologize for the shortcomings.

Let me assure you that we do not turn off our boilers at night, as it would hamper on everybody’s vacation and hot water should be available 24/7… that is a minimum expectation on any hotel, regardless of quality of service. I have shared this information with our Director of Maintenance and we will follow-up on this issue for your particular room.

I am sorry that you perceived our conversation as meaningless, as I had a different impression based on your positive comments and observations during it. Let me assure you that we are currently working in a solution to the low wireless internet signal on some of our rooms and it will be implemented shortly.

We thank your comments and I again apologize for the issues that you faced in this stay.

Regards,

Victor Gomez

Reviewed April 4, 2010

We really enjoyed our time there, having said that we got sucked into a timeshare roll and it took 5 hours of our 4 day vacation. RUN don't walk from the "friendly" lobby folk. If you do get sucked in and give up $20 deposit.... let it go because there was no special deal worth wasting precious time.
Upside the pool conceirge Paco was awesome.

Reviewed March 30, 2010

We were so excited to stay here and had high expectations ~ Casa Dorada completely exceeded them. We were greeted by a friendly staff at the desk and upgraded from the 'web special' room to an amazing one bedroom suite on the ground floor over looking the beach. It was fantastic!! I can not wait to go back. I have been to Cabo numerous times and won't even consider staying anywhere else : )

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with friends
4  Thank PiscesgirlAZ
Reviewed March 21, 2010

I booked travel thru Casa Dorada's booker GBS - I made the reservation in Oct. 2009. I book a Jr. Suite as three of us a sharing a room. (DON'T GO THRU THEM IF POSSIBLE !) The plan is to go shopping for breakfast & lunch and then eat dinner out each night. They took my money but would never send me a confirmation. I called every week and was told it was coming. Finally 2 days before my trip Feb. 10th The confirmation is Faxed to me. I'm ready for this vacation! The travel was great! US Airways from Boise to Phoenix then Phoenix to Los Cabos. I meet up with my friends at the airport and our driver is there to meet us Arturo who owns (TRANSLOBO) is wonderful book with him for sure translobo@gmail.com. We arrive at the hotel and go to check-in. My turn comes and I am asked to wait while the girl comes from around the desk and askes me to come with her. I am lead outside to a near by patio with chairs and asked to sit down.. Finally after some small talk I am told that GBS did not send my reservation until 2 days ago and there is no room for me at Casa Dorada! She just sits and watches my reacation!!! I say " So what are you going to do? I have already paid! She says they are going to put us up at their sister hotel next door. I'm not happy as I am here with a group of 6 friends. We were hoping to have suites next to eachother or at least close... I kept insisting that this is not good but they don't seem to care about my situation and just keep checking in other people around me.. I have finally had enough and ask them to at least pay for the taxi to get our luggage to the other hotel... Which after much discussion they do... Like it's my fault I'm going next door. We get to the hotel and yes it's also nice but the room is just a hotel room Not a suite with a kitchen...AND NO ROOM FOR 3 ADULTS WHO ARE NOT WANTING TO SLEEP IN THE SAME BED! I again go back to complain. Granted I am on vacation and do not want to let this ruin my stay so finally I get them to at least comp us breakfast for the 7 days... My friend who owns the timesahre at Casa Dorada is very upset since she invited us to all come and stay. I can say she told every person from the maid to one of the owners our troubles for the whole 7 days and everyone just smiled and said Sorry... I tried not to let it ruin my trip and I made the best of it but what a let down to have to deal with this when you paid and no one cares if you are pushed aside... We had decided not to go back to Casa Dorada. After all there are 1000's of other vacation destinations to visit...

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank msleonard
Reviewed March 12, 2010

We were fortunate enough to enjoy a friend's timeshare at Casa Dorada. The views from the rooms were breathtaking, especially the sunrises. The grounds were always clean as well as our room. The pools were orderly and clean as well. Suggest that you devise a plan to reserve chair/cabanas by the pool, as they go quickly. The staff monitor unoccupied reserved chairs. If they are empty for 30 minutes, the staff will remove your belongings. Understand the policy, though a bit frustrating. The staff was gracious overall.

The sales"force" for the timeshares were alittle irritating, though nothing different from other places that we have traveled to.

The kids club didn't seem fully utilized. I tried to take my 3 1/2 year old son there and they told me that they had to be atleast 4. Fortunately, my son befriended another boy, to which they occupied themselves. The other families vacationing at Casa Dorada were friendly as well.

Hope to travel back to Casa Dorada in the future.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)