My husband and I just vacationed at in Cabo, splitting our time between San Lucas and San Jose. While in San Lucas we stayed at the Casa Dorada, based on the reviews from trip advisor. It was a gorgeous property. The pool lovely (a bit on the quite side) and the beach right off the pool with water sports right there. I had requested an upper unit when I made the reservation, but we were put on the bottom floor, with no ocean in sight. I tried to get a new room at the front desk and was told maybe tomorrow, come back in the morning . Once one of the employees from the concierge desk helped us to our room and showed us around, he noticed the sink was broken and the VCR and mini bar were missing. Not too big of a deal for us, but he said, "Let me get you guys out of this room, it is the worst one we have". He got us moved. I still can't figure out why the front desk couldn't move us, since as we found out later, that it was only 40% occupied. It was a gorgeous 1 bedroom suite with full kitchen. The hotel overlooked the famous arch which was a quick glass bottom boat ride away. The food and drinks by the pool were fantastic and reasonably priced. It is spa music by the pool in the morning, and 80's american music in the afternoon. Too bad the beach bar next door's loud DJ playing 80's - 2000 dance tunes (american music/and DJ whom you couldn't even understand because he was soooo loud in the mic) competed with the hotel music. Also good was the ceviche at The Office, and their margarita was awesome and HUGE. The venders on this beach are plentyful. Wow....we were one of two tables at The Office, and I had about 15 - 20 venders starting at me while I ate, thankfully the margarita was very strong that it became less annoying. I was offered weed, pipes, and coke at least 10 times every walk on the beach...that is no exaggeration. The marina is very pretty full of shops and retaurants. Location is good if you want to party american style..... A lot of places LOVE 80's music from america. Cabo San Jose definitely felt more like Mexico.
For those who were not annoyed by the Vacation Club pushers... you are a much more patient vacationer than I. We sat through the INCREDIBLY long sell. Yes, they agree to pay for massages, glass bottom boat tours, a bottle of tequila, taxi fair to from airport.....etc..... for you to sit through the presentation. We finally said yes, figuring the free stuff would be worth two hrs in the morning. It started off costing $45,000 for the package he was selling us, and by the time of our last no, it was all the way down to 10,000 (so if you are interested in a vacation club....hold out!!) And then when we said no again, he told us he waisted $700 dollars on us. (Which at first made us laugh and then made us mad.) Then the closer came in and offered us a year trial membership for 1,900. We said no, and had to say no everytime we were in the lobby. I started taking long ways to get to the pool to avoid the lobby. Yes, they take no for an answer, but they ask and ask and ask. I started getting anxious every time I walked in the lobby and tried not to make eye contact. The man who tried to sell us the time share also lied many times throughout! Telling us the next hotel we were going to was owed by the Casa Dorada and part of the vacation club. I thought it strange that the Hilton Family would put their name on a property they didn't own. Well I asked when I got to the Hilton (and our vacation REALLY started) and they said the Casa Dorada USE to own the property but sold it to the Hilton's. He also said we were one of the few people staying there that was not a vacation club renter, which was not true according to the people we spoke to by the pool.
Then we got to the Hilton for the 2nd part of the vacation. We walked in to the concierge desk, we were approached by one man only. Who showed us to our room on the top floor where he proceeded to check us in while we were whale watching on our balcony. In room check in... great idea. I said thank you so much...and your not going to try to sell us anything today? He smiled and said, "Just a great vacation".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With an incomparable location on Medano Beach -- the best swimmable beach of Cabo, Casa Dorada is just steps away from world-class shopping, dining, entertainment, and the marina. As a member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts, a collection of the world’s finest independent luxury hotels, Casa Dorada Los Cabos brings the upscale service and family-friendly features to the Cabo San Lucas oceanfront. The Resort grants visitors a more convenient, yet equally spectacular, alternative to the more remote hotel zone of the Tourist Corridor. Boasting unobstructed vistas of Land’s End and the famous Arch, Casa Dorada is just 30 minutes away from Los Cabos International Airport. All of the 185 spacious one-, two- and three-bedroom suites and penthouses, open up to Los Cabos’ most dazzling ocean view, while the luminous and contemporary interiors ensure your comfort and satisfaction. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Preferred Hotels, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Dorada Los Cabos Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas