“Disappointed since my last stay”

Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa
Ranked #19 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed October 27, 2009

my husband and I stayed here last year and we thought it was abosolutely wonderful. I am not sure what happened? We experienced bad service at the pool; we had to ask 5 different people to assist us with an umbrella and delays with even getting drinks. The guys at the desk and door were helpful for restaurant recommendations, directions and such. The location of the room was right over Mango Deck and we heard a LOT of noise and workers(and garbage trucks, etc) coming in at all hours of the night (I like to listen to the ocean from my room so this was very disappointing to me). We also noticed that the pool was not well kept during this stay? There was some garbage floating around like a beer can, napkins, sand. Maybe this stay was just a bad experience - I would try staying here again because I think the atmosphere, rooms and location is great!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jo_ecke
Write a ReviewReviews (2,089)

Reviewed October 22, 2009

A great place to be close to the action in Cabo. Walking distance to the clubs and restaurants nearby. Great location..next to the lively Mango Deck where there is always great food, music and games to get involved in. The beach is swimmable which is plus for Cabo. The rooms were spacious and modern. We had a slight problem with flooding after the evening rainstorm since our door was facing the street where the rain blew in with no proper drainage. Classic time share pressure. The free breakfast means you are in for the tour so be aware. Otherwise great time.

Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank budcalifornia
Reviewed October 17, 2009

This was our second time staying at Casa Dorada, and we love it! We party during the day at the beach bars, and it's a short walk to town and marina for night life. We love the pools, & beach water activities - watching the fishing boats in the morning, cruise ships, waveriders and parasailers. We feel very safe walking around the beach and local area at night. The rooms and staff are fantastic, and we are excited to be going back 2x next year.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 14, 2009

FIrst off, my wife & I were on our honeymoon & found out when we got there there the pool was under construction. I will admit it was annoying to hear jackhammering for many hours of the day, it was nice that they did the best to accomodate us to have a great time. Lets start with the bad, beside the jachammers, it is a timeshare hotel so they will dog you when you get there to here there speel. My advice is if you are not interested tell them up front, we went thru the breakfast b.s. & for us it wasn't worth it. If you are into that you can get a ton of things to do for free. As for the good, wow lets start with the 1 bedroom suite! It was fantastic! Awesome room! By far one of the nicest places we saw in Cabo. As for the staff, the place was spotless, my only complaint was the water didn't get really hot but otherwise the room was great! Also we went fishing in Cabo and had 3 Tribes cook our fish twice & it was fantastic. I highly recommend the restaurant, my hats off to the chef. Reminder, if you go fishing & stay at Casa bring some fish back, it was by far the freshest & tastiest fish I've had.
Drinks & food at the beach were great, service was awesome down there, at the pool service was kinda slow, also on the beach it was always 2 for one!! Bonus! Also recommend the shrip quesadilla.
We will be back & sooner than later.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 14, 2009

Lies, lies, lies. The staff could not tell the truth. They had 10 different answers to the problems with the property. The pool is under construction, once finished, the second pool will be. The jacuzzi will be next. The place is one year old. One day there was no hot water for the entire day. The following day there was no phone or wireless. The jackhammer was rediculous. The same workmanship went into the rest of the property as well. The room was nice but the tile, faucets, etc... substandard. Asked about why they did not notify us prior to arrival they said it was our booking agents responsiblity. I had emailed them far ahead of time asking about problems and they never said they had any.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
4  Thank crimepays1229
TheManagement01, General Manager at Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2009

Dear crimepays1229,

I am truly sorry for the perceived lack of responsiveness and knowledge level of our staff. During the month of September, we pushed hard to go that ‘extra mile’ service-wise, as we understood how frustrating it was to have one of our pools being renovated. We did not enjoy the process, but it was certainly an overdue upgrade to our facilities. I sincerely apologize for our shortcomings.

I am very glad to inform you that the pool improvement was concluded on October 8th and we can now boast of being on of the newest resorts in Cabo San Lucas, with an even newer, more beautiful pool.

I hope that you could give us an opportunity to prove ourselves again, in the not too distant future.

Victor Gomez

Reviewed October 12, 2009

I just returned home from a fantastic vacation..I was worried about the pool being under construction but as promised, it was completed prior to our arrival. The rooms are spacious and clean. The pool and restaurant was excellent. We had snacks by the pool that were very good. We ate dinner at the restaurant and it was great.. I cannot say enough good things. The crowd did get wilder on the weekend but it did not go overboard. It is very close to town and the marina where we rented a boat for a couple of hours. I was approached once about the timeshare and sternly saying no, I was not approached again. We had visited several other "high end" hotels during our visit and I will have to say that especially for the money, this place is perfect.
Our friends stayed a hotel that was a $1000/ night and it was gorgeous no doubt but Casa Dorado has a swimmable beach and is a great location and has a casual vibe to it.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank drdotbrown
Reviewed October 11, 2009

We just spent one week at Casa Dorada with our best friends. This is by far one of the best places we have ever stayed and we travel 4-5 times per year. We traded one of opur Marriott weeks and were given the 3 bedroom penthouse which was the most spectacular room we have ever stayed in! If you are into first class customer service this is the place to be. Every time we ordered room service we got a call within the hour to check on our order and if everything was to our liking. Each and every staff member seems to love what they do and always want to go the extra mile to make you feel welcome. I had an allergic reaction to something at a local restaurant and was very ill after getting back to the resort. They sent a physician to my room within 10 minutes and he gave me a shot to reverse my symptoms. I was better within 20 minutes and he stayed in our room and observed me for about an hour. After reading some of the reviews we were a little concerned about the time share issue and being bothered with that. Upon arrival we were given a welcome packet and met with a rep and we could tell it was leading up to asking us to attend the presentation. Wer politely told her that we had no interest and were Marriott owners. We were never approached again the rest of our stay. We will definately return and will take our boys the next time as this place is also great for families. If you are looking for seclusion and quiet this is not the place for you. It is in the heart of all of the fun and activities and you can walk down town.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends