We stayed one night in the "One Bedroom Suite Ocean View - 1 king bed and 1 sofa bed - 1380 Sq.Ft" - and it was BEAUTIFUL. Very well appointed room, very large jacuzzi, full kitchen, great view, etc.. The hotel is also situated one one of the nicer parts of medano beach in terms of being able to swim in the ocean. However, our stay at this hotel was marred by two things that forced me to get a refund and change hotels. Our primary problem was the CONSTANT barrage of time sale pitches from EVERYONE - at check in by the staff, the maître d' at the restaurant, the beach staff, the bell hops, the concierge, etc! It was worse than at the airport! When I asked to be left alone, I was actually admonished by the staff! Instead I was told that los cabos only exists because of time shares and that I should have expected it! Second, we had checked in on a Sunday night. Monday morning, we woke up to jack hammering - the pool was under construction and we called the desk and were told it would be 9AM-5PM, Mon-Fri - the entire duration of our trip. At the time of check-in, they did mention one of the pools was CLOSED, but didn't mention that the remaining pool and the hotel room itself would be unusable because of non-stop jackhammering! It was so incredibly loud in the lobby we had a very difficult time checking out because we couldn't hear the soft-spoken desk clerk! Also, mentioning the pool closure at the time of check-in is unacceptable - the hotel had my contact info, why couldn't they let me know ahead of time to make other arrangements? We ended up leaving the hotel and staying at Villa La Estancia - and we had a WONDERFUL time. We were asked ONCE at the time of check in at La Estancia about a time share presentation, and when we declined the issue was dropped and we were never bothered again by any of the staff. The suite at La Estancia was just as nice, the hotel was quiet, the staff were extremely helpful and courteous - they ended up saving our vacation. The construction will eventually end, but why go anyways just to get hassled about time shares any time you interact with any of the staff?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With an incomparable location on Medano Beach -- the best swimmable beach of Cabo, Casa Dorada is just steps away from world-class shopping, dining, entertainment, and the marina. As a member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts, a collection of the world’s finest independent luxury hotels, Casa Dorada Los Cabos brings the upscale service and family-friendly features to the Cabo San Lucas oceanfront. The Resort grants visitors a more convenient, yet equally spectacular, alternative to the more remote hotel zone of the Tourist Corridor. Boasting unobstructed vistas of Land’s End and the famous Arch, Casa Dorada is just 30 minutes away from Los Cabos International Airport. All of the 185 spacious one-, two- and three-bedroom suites and penthouses, open up to Los Cabos’ most dazzling ocean view, while the luminous and contemporary interiors ensure your comfort and satisfaction. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Preferred Hotels, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Cancelon, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Dorada Los Cabos Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas