we stayed six days on the spur of the moment, first night we had an okay 1 bedroom, missing patio furniture, some of which was replaced on complaining, nice unit though, new clean and modern, some wear, but still noticibaly new, patio doors would not lock, even after they tried to fix them. Moved to 1 bedroom penthouse suite, " awesome" for a negotiated rate??? more then it was worth, but we very much enjoyed the room and view, the deck was the greatest, hottub was enjoyed by our child. Felt a little ripped off because they wanted cash for the replacement coffee, despite it being free in lower floors????..
The hotel was great, pool was awesome, beach was good 2, restraunts were very good especially breakfast, found everything food, cerveca, reasonablly priced ( thanks to devalued peso ONLY ) pool bar service was slow, ( tip well and it gets really good ) mojito's at pool bar helped make the wife a happy camper as well.
didn't have a problem with chairs, just ask pool boy and he will kick some towels off the reserved chairs. ( pretty vigilant about this and we liked it )
yes we had poolside internet, but internet in 2nd room was terrible??
tv did not have cnbc or enough news but cartoon network was available, really for modern age not enough tv selection. ( yes it was a vacation but an 8 year old goes to bed at 9 )
The main bar kind of sucked and was never busy, except during time share mornings. This is the only place to get draft beer as draft is not available at pool bar.
Also as i know the hotel reads this. GRATIS WATER COOLER paper cup. Is required next to pool bar, for the kind of money u charge for a room etc, and the fact u want to pretend u are a 5 star. this oversight drops u to a 4 star ( mexican ) in my book.
I would stay again and would recommend, location was great, no car required. lots of nearby shops,food,etc.
Avoiding the time share was easy, be polite, tell them u trade weeks from another time share with a friend, and just buy your own breakfast. People were actually buying these things for stupid prices, recession duhhh, meanwhile other developments in cabo are looking empty and some half builts abandoned allready.
enjoyability index is high. so go and enjoy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With an incomparable location on Medano Beach -- the best swimmable beach of Cabo, Casa Dorada is just steps away from world-class shopping, dining, entertainment, and the marina. As a member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts, a collection of the world’s finest independent luxury hotels, Casa Dorada Los Cabos brings the upscale service and family-friendly features to the Cabo San Lucas oceanfront. The Resort grants visitors a more convenient, yet equally spectacular, alternative to the more remote hotel zone of the Tourist Corridor. Boasting unobstructed vistas of Land’s End and the famous Arch, Casa Dorada is just 30 minutes away from Los Cabos International Airport. All of the 185 spacious one-, two- and three-bedroom suites and penthouses, open up to Los Cabos’ most dazzling ocean view, while the luminous and contemporary interiors ensure your comfort and satisfaction. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Preferred Hotels, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Dorada Los Cabos Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas