“Hard to complain”

Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa
Ranked #19 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I enjoyed a 5 night stay at Casa Dorada for my 30th birthday in early March. The hotel grounds and room definitely exceeded my expectations. The rooms are huge, clean and all have amazing views of Medano Beach and Lands End. The service was mostly very good especially by the pool.

I do have a few complaints though. The Wifi is very expensive but you can get it for free in the public areas if you buy a coffee or beverage from their bar. That Wifi wasn't very reliable at all and one day it was down completely. Another complaint was the lack of music of any kind by the pool. There's a small area by the bar that has music but it's also the most crowded area and hard to relax. Even if they had elevator music I'd be happy, just something to distract me from the noise of other people. I asked a few times throughout my stay about it because they have a sound system around the entire pool. Each time I got the run around. One day when I didn't even ask there was music which I though odd. Also, their restaurant 12 Tribes wasn't good at all and very expensive. Go across the street to Bar Esquina for great food, drinks and live music.

Overall Casa Dorada is a great place to stay, especially for extended stays as the rooms are all large and have kitchens. However if you plan on relaxing by the pool the save a chair early as they go quick.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Casey R
GM_Casa_Dorada, Guest Relations Manager at Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for being with us. We know there are a number of choices when you travel and we truly appreciate that you decided to stay here with us. It is very rewarding to hear that you enjoyed our beautiful rooms, good service and our excellent views and location.

I am sorry though for your cons and will make sure that the various teams see your comments so that they too can learn how your stay was impacted by their work.

We look forward in hosting you in the near future.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

Fantastic Resort Hotel..great staff, BIG luxurious rooms, open air and really amazing pool.
The pool staff is fantastic and the restaurants were all great. Good private beach one of the only ones to swim and keeps the vendors at bay. Close to famous restaurant clubs. only two words (problems) from keeping it from being a 5. Time Share.. but after a hard fought first 24 hours they begin to back off.. Had to pay for internet which was spotty and slow..
We were there with 2 couples, no kids and had a blast the entire time.. great! I'd recommend..it highly.

Room Tip: The base rooms are amazing.. you really don't have to upgrade, they all have great views of the...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Dan H

Dear Guest,

Thank you for this fantastic review of our hotel. As you know, many people work very hard to provide the experience you described and I am so happy you had a wonderful time.

Your comments about our service, the room, the location, the restaurant and our beach were great to read and I am so thankful you were with us.

Thanks again and we sincerely look forward in impacting your stay again.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

I have to say that this Hotel is the best option in Los Cabos. The service, the food, the atmosphere is impressive. I have mention their great service and great staff. I had a flight leaving at 7 am, and the Hotel coordinated my transfer to the airport and to my surprise they had a glass of fresh orange juice and a ham and cheese croissant ready for me at the van. This small details are the ones that make the experience even better. Congratulations to the Hotel Staff at Casa Dorada.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Jorge N

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for not only staying with us but also for taking the time to share your review.

Everyone at Casa Dorada works hard to provide a brilliant hotel experience for all of our guests and I am so glad you enjoyed your time at our hotel.

We look forward in hosting you again in the near future.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

I have been going to cabo for 9 years at various high end resorts and by far Casa Dorada has the absolute best customer service and staff in cabo. I have two boys 4 and 6 that are treated like little princes by all particularly Josh and Elsye at CasaKidz which the kids love and as parents my husband and i Love that they have a fun, safe place to hang out for an hour or two while we have some time to spend alone together--priceless!! I can't say enough about Josh and Elsye. Gus and the hard working pool staff are also amazing. While it is true that people will save chairs and not be there more than past visits, we never had a issue because Gus and Emilio always hustled to get us chairs, chair cushions, and umbrellas even from the beach! Also they have noodles, floats, lots of books to loan out--everything you could want so that you don't have to drag them with you. My son fell backwards off a pool chair and hit his head just being silly and he was fine but our pool waiter called their medical guy Cesar to check him out (for free--Cesar had already patched up my older son when he stubbed his toe and it was cut kinda bad) and then Gus gave both of the boys a free smoothie. So nice especially since it was my kids goofiness that made them hurt:))
The beach wait/service staff was great too and Emilio brought us umbrellas, sand digging tools for the boys, and cushions for us on the beach--like I said amazing service!,
Laura in concierge took great care of us setting up in-room babysitting (amazing babysitters Josh and Elsye again:)) and making dinner reservations including our anniversary dinner. and our check in was so easy. This has been a major complaint at other resorts in cabo but not here. The front desk staff was friendly and knowledgeable--truly wonderful on a long travel day!! Even the great greeting by Tomas and the valets/bellman makes you feel like your home with their big smiles, nice cold drink, and helpfulness.
Even though it's by mango deck when I am in my room my family and I hear nothing except for cool fireworks a couple of times during our stay which the kids loved. Lovely, clean and contemporary rooms with wonderful maid service and nightly turndown service. we had a large two room suite with full kitchen and messy boys, our housekeeper cleaned and tidied up excellently and thoroughly every day. She brought large extra pillows and extra blankets for the boys because my husband sets the a/c down really cold. Room service was super reasonable, friendly and prompt. The time share hostesses did not bug us at all after we declined their breakfast offer which was a refreshing change from most cabo resorts. Maintenance and wifi issues (on our end their wifi worked great, husband messed up provided password twice) were addressed extremely quickly I really don't have one negative about this amazing hotel. I own a vacation rental/property management business in vail and beaver creek colorado where I live so I have high expectations. I've never been disappointed at casa dorada and I think this time was even better. They've managed to step up their already wonderful customer/guest service!, It's beautiful, prime location, amazing staff, accommodates all clientele from singles to families--a real home away from home feel with 5 star staff and quality!

Room Tip: All rooms have great views
1  Thank ASB75

Dear Guest,

Wow, what a fantastic review you have written about our hotel recognizing our service and our contributors. It is extremely comforting for our team to know that our service is impacting our guests positively.

Thank you for choosing Casa Dorada and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed April 25, 2014

We stayed at Casa Dorada for the umpteenth time this last week. We had ups and downs this time which is unusual since we usually love the resort. For one thing our bedding was awful, from the pillows to the actual bedding which was stained, torn ect. Towels are rough and we saw lots of needed maintenance problems in our room. Our room was not nice and clean like usual. Also from the moment we hit the entrance to the resort we were bombarded by timeshare sharks and they did not quit with just there. We got 7phone calls in one day starting our first night there and again at 7 in the morning and continueing every few minutes until we left the room. As soon as we returned the second day to the room after being gone the timeshare sharks called again. I kept telling them no. This did not seem to do any good. Every time we walked by them they tried getting us again. so that meant every time we went through the lobby or out the door they were asking us to sit down so they could get us to go to the owner update. The fight for pool chairs and umbrellas of course was consistent. I saw so many chairs reserved at 6-7 in the morning as I went down then and put towels on two chairs and then sat in one just watching all the fun. I even got up to go the bathroom one morning at 7 and had a guy come by and steal my umbrella while I was in the bathroom. Caught him doing this on my way back from the bathroom. He did not even apologize when I caught him. I just went and got another umbrella thinking to myself what a jerk. And to top it off he did not come back to those chairs he saved and the umbrella he stole from me until one thirty in the afternoon. Some people can be so rude and he was one of them. I and another guy who was sitting at the pool at 7 in the morning gave him a couple of dirty looks. I watched the pool guys save chairs and umbrellas for people. This is not right as if I have to get up and sit in a chair at 6-7 in the morning so should everyone else. They should not let the pool guys do this. But every resort we have stayed at has this happen so don't know how the resort can solve this problem. Also was really disappointed with the beach chair and umbrella situation this time. They hardly had any chairs or umbrellas on the beach. I love sitting down there but even 6 in the morning all the chairs and umbrellas were gone. The food this time was not as good as it has been around the pool. Service was good though. They did turn off the hot water and not let us know until after they did it. Since I was getting up at 6-7 for the pool chair I had already taken a shower but my hubby ended up taking a cold shower. But all in all still love the location and their pool area and beach area.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ayerslane

Dear Guest,

Thank you for having chosen to stay with us on your recent visit to Cabo, we are happy to hear that you found our staff to be nice and that you we able to enjoy our convenient location, perfect beach and of course our beautiful facilities. We certainly work hard to provide great service as it is truly what we can influence each and every day, and we are glad you experienced it.

Also, we are very sorry for the inconveniences you encountered, but please know your feedback is very important to us and will help shape the future changes for our hotel.

Thank you again and I do appreciate that you were here with us.

Reviewed April 25, 2014

I have been going to Mexico since I was a child. I have been to many places and we love this hotel! Beautiful, Modern, updated, and the best service! We loved it and it has the best location. Can walk to town, the marina and to all the local bars. My kids are 12 and 13 and they loved the hotel and beach. They felt safe and comfortable. I agree with AAA. 4 Diamond all the way!

1  Thank Michelle T

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for staying with us and then for taking your valuable time to write such
wonderful things about our hotel and our location. It sounds like our hotel was just what you needed.

We certainly hope you will return to stay with us in the future.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

Good-rooms are huge and contemporary. Views from all rooms. Location great, next to Mango Deck, beach, marina shops/restaurants, downtown shops/restaurants.

Bad-small pillows, rough towels, guests reserving chairs and cabanas that never show up (yet hotel policy is that this is not allowed), drilling noise constantly during the day so I couldn't relax in the room, mango deck noise comes thru hotel windows at night making it difficult to sleep, gym used to have face towels and be enclosed with a/c but no longer is the case.

I've stayed here three times over the past five years and each time I see it declining. The last straw was when the hotel called my room stating that maintenance is occurring on the pipes so no hot water will be available between 10-5. That would have been fine if it wasn't already 10:15 when explaining this to me. I would have appreciated advanced notice in order to plan around the maintenance. I'm done with this place.

3  Thank MaggieToo
GM_Casa_Dorada, General Manager at Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

Dear Guest,

First of all, we apologize for the inconveniences you encountered. We are concerned about your feedback regarding Casa Dorada. We are a very sucesful property and customer service focused.

We truly appreciate your feedback and look forward in hosting you in the near future and turn your experience around.