This is a beautiful large property within walking distance to the marina, but the service is very disappointing on many levels. We weren't there 5 minutes before we were touristed. One of the first things we were asked as we checked in was if we wanted to pay for an upgrade. I stated that we had already paid for an upgraded room when we booked our ocean view suite. I was then told that "ocean view" does not mean that you can actually SEE the ocean, it means that your room faces the ocean. Mind you, ALL of the rooms at Casa Dorada face the ocean. It's not like any of them are facing "the city" or "the parking lot" for that matter. I could hardly believe my ears. We were given a room on the first floor. The first floor is actually lower than ground level. We couldn't see the ocean or even the pool for that matter. We could see the backs of the lawn chairs at the pool - not what you expect when you pay for anything more than the cheapest room there. I would insist that you request a room on the 3rd flor or higher if you are dumb enough to book at this place. After complaining about our room, we were told that they couldn't get us moved to another room until mid way through our week long visit. We were given completely useless $100 "vouchers" for the diamond emporium and some other jewelry shops as an apology. How generous, right? The happy hour was disappointing: 11-12 am. Friends of ours were staying across the street at Cabo Villas where happy hour is every day from 10 am to 6 pm! We ended up hanging out at Cabo Villas more than we did at Casa Dorada, and the staff was friendlier too! We found the service poolside at Casa Dorada scant and amateur. And if you have any desire to lounge around the pool and relax, bring your earplugs! You can hear the noise blaring from The Office all day and night long.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With an incomparable location on Medano Beach -- the best swimmable beach of Cabo, Casa Dorada is just steps away from world-class shopping, dining, entertainment, and the marina. As a member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts, a collection of the world’s finest independent luxury hotels, Casa Dorada Los Cabos brings the upscale service and family-friendly features to the Cabo San Lucas oceanfront. The Resort grants visitors a more convenient, yet equally spectacular, alternative to the more remote hotel zone of the Tourist Corridor. Boasting unobstructed vistas of Land’s End and the famous Arch, Casa Dorada is just 30 minutes away from Los Cabos International Airport. All of the 185 spacious one-, two- and three-bedroom suites and penthouses, open up to Los Cabos’ most dazzling ocean view, while the luminous and contemporary interiors ensure your comfort and satisfaction. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Dorada Los Cabos Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas