“Beautiful room, people and location!!”

Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa
Ranked #19 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed September 19, 2013

The staff is so sweet, always greeted us and asked if we needed anything. They also loved my daughter who is quite a charmer I must add ;) The rooms and views are topnotch. We had a bad booking experience with another hotel that wasn't as centrally located and we were able to book Casa Dorada. They exceeded our expectations and we cant wait to go back!

1  Thank lalleva
GM_Casa_Dorada, Guest Relations Manager at Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review. Nothing gives our staff greater pleasure than pampering our guest, including the young ones that are our favorites. We are glad to know that we have made your vacation memorable.

We hope you will visit us many times in the future.

Guest Services Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,069)

Reviewed September 19, 2013

I stayed at Casa Dorada for 4 nights in september 2013. I have to say I was AMAZED at absolutely everything.

Huge rooms, the biggest I have ever stayed in, finely decorated, clean, neat, plus everything else you would expect from a 5 star. And for the price? WOW!

Service was exceptional from arrival to checkout. Helpful, extremely well mannered staff.

View is stunning, location couldn't be better, great pool, great bar service. Only thing I twitched my nose at was breakfast, but I guess it was just "too mexican" rather than badly prepared.

I highly recommend this place and will definetly stay there again, when opportunity comes.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank AntonioBindi

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments regarding your past stay at our Paradise. I am delighted to hear that you had a wonderful time in our resort. We look forward to your return; we will do our best to help you to create another great memory.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

We traded for Casa Dorada through II and were pleasantly rewarded. Upon arrival, you see an amazing view of the bay through a massive opening in the lobby. The greeting was very pleasant and we had free margaritas in our hands within a few minutes. The check in was quick and painless and then we were sent to the seemingly now customary salesperson who gives you some useful information before attempting to corner you into a presentation. She was very nice but too persistent for my taste. After we disconnected the phone to stop the incessant calling to get us to a presentation, we settled in and started enjoying our visit. The resort is perfectly located on Medano Beach behind Mangos and has a spectacular view. We were on the second floor and our view was still spectacular. The service was outstanding everywhere except the concierge. I asked for some help in making a couple of reservations for activities that I purchased elsewhere. I don't think that she liked that...or maybe she was just having a bad day. We actually asked me to go back to room and make the reservations myself - in a nice way. I nicely asked her if that was something that she was there to help me with and then she reluctantly helped me. The whole thing was cordial, I just think that Cabo resorts in general should tone down the sales pitches and remind the salespeople about balance in the sales process vs. customer service. The pool was very warm from solar heating and in the lounge chairs are very comfortable and were readily available. We had a good breakfast at the restaurant and they can make all of the Starbucks drinks for you at the coffee bar in the beautiful lobby downstairs. The security, valet, greeting guys were helpful, professional and friendly as was almost the entire staff. We had a studio and it was spacious with nice furnishings and two flat screen televisions, a huge tub and plenty of room to store things. I would say that this in general is a well run small resort worth visiting if you can manage to get it.

Room Tip: Stay off of the first floor.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cabo_familia

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for share your comments regarding your past stay at Casa Dorada, we most sincerely apologize for the lack of service that you experienced. Our management team has followed up to ensure every employee offers the high level of service for which Casa Dorada is known.

We hope you will visit us again; we will do our best to provide you a flawless stay.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

I stayed at the casa dorada for a week with one of my girlfriends for an end of the summer trip before we headed back to college. It was hands down one of the best hotels I've ever stayed at and that was fuly due to the wonderful staff! Every single person who worked there was extremely friendly, polite, helpful, and made me feel so at home. I've never written a review before for anything but my stay here was so amazing I felt that the least I could do to thank everyone who worked there and made my stay so enjoyable is share my wonderful experience. By the end of my stay there a handful of the staff knew me by first name and would always say hello with a warm smile when I passed by. The bell boys, the front desk attendants, the pool servers, the maids, and everyone else there did everything they could to accommodate us and did so with the best attitude. On top of the amazing service, the location is beautiful. The hotel has such an amazing view and is located walking distance to down town which was great for at night. If you're wondering what hotel to stay at while in Cabo you will not be disappointed with your stay at the casa dorada. Lastly I'd just like to say thank you to everyone at the casa dorada, you were all amazing and made my trip one of the best ones I've ever been on!

1  Thank Chansal5

Dear Guest,

We are so happy you chose Casa Dorada for your girl´s get away. Thank you for taking the time to share your vacations experiences, we are glad to know that our staff have provided you an excellent service.

We hope you will visit us many times to celebrate other special occasions.

Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Rooms are spacious, view is beautiful from the 5th floor, lots of construction by the pool and was noisy, service was wonderful, several areas around hotel that needed cleaning/repaired, was bombarded with time share people in lobby upon arrival, I wouldn't use the concierge (tried to steer us away from eating at Capella which was amazing) and sent us to a tourist trap restaurant...spa was really nice, paying $15 for wifi that worked off and on...good drink specials, we saw two pool fights in 2 days when we were there...more of a party hotel than a romantic getaway...

1  Thank Coleywilburn
Reviewed September 9, 2013

First of all I spent over 20 years in the hotel industry and because we wanted a property that was rated highly we researched all of the properties prior and looked at all the reviews prior to booking. This was our fist time to Cabo and did not want an all-inclusive, we wanted to see what was our there first then decide if we wanted to return we would know where to be and go again.
When we checked in we found out we had been upgraded "very nice"! Due to the storm the air conditioner in our room was not operating correctly and we were staying for 10 days. Did I mention Tropical Storm Lenora! helloooo. People we are in a different Country that do not have the same infrastructure...We went to the see the front desk Manager amazing by the way!!!! and he was more than accommodating and put us in another room which was amazing.... the service was amazing here front desk and everyone. The food well ok it was not what we were expecting , but we did not eat here, as I mentioned we wanted to experience the her of the city and dine at numerous restaurants so we knew where we could go back to - is that not why you pay for room only? So the comments about the food on the reviews posted well ok they are working on it! THE ROOMS ARE WONDERFUL very spacious and have a small mini bar fridge, couple of hot plates built in, kettle, toaster, coffee maker etc all what you need if you are going to go to Walmart or Costco while you are there to make food in your room. By the way they have great pillows and the bed was very comfortable, and clean. The do have staff on-site that sell vacation packages, all you have to say is no-thank you it is not a problem they are just doing their job! Pool and all the staff there are great. Overall we very much enjoyed this property and will definitely go back, it is close to the marina and within walking distance to downtown. Remember you are paying room only! Explore and enjoy what Cabo has to offer it is a great place to vacation. We would highly recommend this property!! Book the one-bedroom or higher if your expectations are high! By the way all hotel check-in are at 3:00pm lol if you don't travel much you don't know this....You will be very pleased if you book this hotel.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mickey
GM_Casa_Dorada, Guest Relations Manager at Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Dear Mickey,

Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent visit at Casa Dorada. I am happy we were able to provide an upgraded accommodation for you and that our staff went above and beyond to see to your comfort and happiness. We are making home Improvements in order to have more gastronomic options for you, like our new Trattoria and Sushi Bar, we hope on your next visit you can enjoy it.

We hope you will return many times to this your second home!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is a tourist trap ,
The food : what food it doesn't excit at this restaurant . They are failing big time with the food service here .
The rooms : The design of the rooms and the space is all they have going for the them . The AC is really loud and their pillows suck .
The People : They collect other visitors from other hotels to present this place for them , I didn't fall for it so I was asked everyday if I want a free breakfast.
The beach : yes it's their and the view is ok but they don't own all the beach front area and they have the loudest bar in town in front of this hotel . Really u don't get the sound of the beach that u really want some times .

1  Thank Salamondo