New year's holiday travel package via Travelocity for a 2 bedroom suite including airfare. As mentioned in a few previous reviews on this site, I was sold(prepaid) a 2 bedroom suite only to be told there was no 2 bed room suite upon check in on Christmas morning for a 7 day stay! My choice was to take a 1 bedroom suite on the second floor in the corner with no beach view at all (don't ever take one of those fyi) or to not checkin at all. Well xmas morning and the town is sold out of course I had to take the room and nothing said by the stone faced front desk manager Oswaldo Vazquez was going to change my predicament.
The good: It's all about location with this hotel. You want real beach? Check. You want to be close to downtown bars/nightclubs? Check. You prefer to just sleep there and spend your day next door at a beach club with a younger crowd? Check. There also happens to be 2 of Cabo's best restaurants(office and Edith's) next door so no need to ever actually eat at the hotel itself. The bed was very comfortable.
The bad: The walls and ceilings are very thin and you will hear people above you walking around on the tile floor which can be annoying especially in the morning. There is the most annoying bar in the front of the hotel Mango Deck which you definitely want to be far away as possible from it's just total cheesy music and carnival barking all day and all night. I did notice the salesman in the public areas as mentioned by other users but they didn't bother me at all because I never made eye contact with them. Forget the overpriced mini bar items and go across the alley to the market and buy your items there and carry back you will save a fortune.
The most important thing I would like to emphasize is to avoid at all costs pre-paying for this hotel via sites like Travelocity. There is no recourse for you to be compensated they will stonewall all your efforts and make up facts to support their case. Book direct and take a lower class room and then pay for an upgrade when you are actually there if you want because taking the most expensive room via the website does NOT guarantee you will receive the higher room category during checkin. Lesson learned. I will not make this mistake ever again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With an incomparable location on Medano Beach -- the best swimmable beach of Cabo, Casa Dorada is just steps away from world-class shopping, dining, entertainment, and the marina. As a member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts, a collection of the world’s finest independent luxury hotels, Casa Dorada Los Cabos brings the upscale service and family-friendly features to the Cabo San Lucas oceanfront. The Resort grants visitors a more convenient, yet equally spectacular, alternative to the more remote hotel zone of the Tourist Corridor. Boasting unobstructed vistas of Land’s End and the famous Arch, Casa Dorada is just 30 minutes away from Los Cabos International Airport. All of the 185 spacious one-, two- and three-bedroom suites and penthouses, open up to Los Cabos’ most dazzling ocean view, while the luminous and contemporary interiors ensure your comfort and satisfaction. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Booking.com, BookIt.com, TravelUp, Expedia, Preferred Hotels, Cancelon, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Dorada Los Cabos Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas