We stayed here March 4th-9th for our honeymoon. Our room wasn't ready at 1pm so they asked us to come back after 3pm. Which was fine because we went downtown ($6 cab ride) to get lunch. Once we got to the room we were delighted to see a huge jacuzzi in the bedroom , two balconies and a beautiful view and full kitchen. Then the very next morning my husband and I get woken up at 9am by the activities desk reminding us of our "welcome package", later our entire bathroom flooded due to a gap in the silicone. The front desk assured us an engineer would arrive to fix the gap, no engineer came. That same morning we approached the activities desk and we find out that the 9am phone call was "actually" about convincing us to sit at a 90min breakfast about timeshares. By the way the conversation with the activities lady lasted almost 20min the whole time I was declining the offer. We were shocked to find out WiFI is $12 a DEVICE! so we could only use my husbands laptop. The next four days did not get any better. Our room wasn't cleaned once, we were approached every day by staff members asking us our age or asking if we wanted discounts and asking why we were there, A front desk agent gave us completely incorrect information about an ATM location, the Wifi was never consistent and always logged us off forcing us to call for IT help several times. The breakfast was good although the service was very slow. The hotel is located close to town which is convenient, about a 15-20min walk to downtown or a 3min $6 VanTaxi ride. Everyone speaks English in Cabo so communication wasn't difficult. Overall the location and surrounding bars and restaurants made us stay here but the small details and customer service was lacking.The timeshare hassling got irritating too.We will not return and wish we never left Villa La Estancia which is where we stayed for our wedding.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With an incomparable location on Medano Beach -- the best swimmable beach of Cabo, Casa Dorada is just steps away from world-class shopping, dining, entertainment, and the marina. As a member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts, a collection of the world’s finest independent luxury hotels, Casa Dorada Los Cabos brings the upscale service and family-friendly features to the Cabo San Lucas oceanfront. The Resort grants visitors a more convenient, yet equally spectacular, alternative to the more remote hotel zone of the Tourist Corridor. Boasting unobstructed vistas of Land’s End and the famous Arch, Casa Dorada is just 30 minutes away from Los Cabos International Airport. All of the 185 spacious one-, two- and three-bedroom suites and penthouses, open up to Los Cabos’ most dazzling ocean view, while the luminous and contemporary interiors ensure your comfort and satisfaction. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Hotels.com, TravelClick, HotelPower, Priceline, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Dorada Los Cabos Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas