Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa
Villa La Estancia Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$310
  • Pool
ME Cabo by Melia(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$329
$243
Melia.com
  • Pool
Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$179
  • Pool
Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$334
$276
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
Hacienda Encantada Resort & Residences(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$757
$177
Bookit.com
  • Pool
Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$497
Hotels.com
$401
$270
Priceline
  • Pool
Solmar Resort(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$133
$113
  • Pool
Playa Grande Resort(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$216
$196
Priceline
  • Pool
The Resort at Pedregal(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
$738
$570
2,149 results
All reviewsmango deckmedano beachtribes restauranttime sharerecommend casaone bedroom suitesand barrooms are hugepool conciergejacuzzi tubthe location is perfectwalking distance to the marinapool or beachhigher floorfull kitchenliving areasales people
Reviewed March 18, 2013

This was our second stay at the Casa Dorada in Los Cabos. Last time was a family trip & this time an anniversary celebration for just my husband & myself. Both vacations were perfect! We stayed in a one bedroom suite which was very roomy, beautifully appointed with the most comfortable bed we have ever experienced in a hotel, and a breathtaking view of the Sea of Cortez from two balconies. The two bedroom suite was a great choice when we brought the family. The service and staff are second to none. The property is gorgeous and impeccably kept. Quite a few excellent restaurants have opened within walking distance of the hotel since our last stay. A very nice surprise, but don't miss the food at the Casa Dorada. Certainly worth it for breakfast, lunch or dinner. And a quick cab ride to Wal-mart is always a good idea to stock up on snacks, drinks or anything you may have forgotten to pack! While we are willing to try new activities & restaurants each time we visit, the only hotel we would consider is the Casa Dorada. What a wonderful find!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We had a wonderful time staying at the Casa Dorada last July. The people were very nice and helpful. Our 2 bedroom unit was perfectly located with a view of the Sea of Cortez and El Arco, with ground floor access. We thoroughly enjoyed our time in Cabo and would certainly go again. I would recommend staying on the left side (as you look out to the sea) of the property, it's not as close to the beach bar and the loud music. However, I felt like the room was very well insulated, and we weren't bothered by the loud music at all. We were on the left side of the resort. The weather in July is hot, almost too hot. I wouldn't go any later than mid-July and would avoid Aug. and Sept. We went scuba diving and the water was very murky. I think October would have been better for diving. Be prepared to be hit up by timeshare people everywhere, airport, resort, even the grocery store!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I have been to Cabo eight times, however, the first time I've stayed at Casa Dorada. I will never stay any where else now! What a beautiful propery! The views and location are unbelieveable...the service impeccable! We stayed in a 1 bedroom suite which was gorgeous...two balconies over looking the pool and the Sea of Cortez. We ate at the 12 Tribes which was an experience in and of itself, food and wine great, service excellent, view unbelievable! The pool is beautiful and the swim up bar was wonderful! The location of the property is perfect, ocean, marina and downtown are all within walking distance. On a scale of 1-10 I give the Casa Dorada a 10! We are already in the process of planning our next trip to Casa Dorada!!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 16, 2013

My husband surprised me with this getaway trip and it was awesome! We went in Feb-the weather was mild and it was not too crowded. Our room was clean and huge with 2 balconies and great views. The pool service and beach service is good, the staff are friendly and attentive, plus 2 for 1 drinks all day. Just avoid to first row of chairs on the beach and you won't be too bothered by the constant vendors trying to sell overpriced junk. The location is perfect with the hotel's own beach area, plenty of activities and walking distance to the marina, shops and restaurants. Highly recommend Bar Esquina which is in the Bahia Hotel right across the street. Excellent food and service but make reservations for dinner-it gets packed! The Office is right behind the hotel, great margaritas and seafood tacos right on the sand. I highly recommend making reservations at Hacienda Cocina on the Hacienda property-the food was amazing with awesome views. Mango Deck is annoying which is a shame for this great location, but we just shut our doors and weren't too bothered. We were never approached by any timeshare people as others have mentioned.
Even at the airport, we just kept walking and we were never approached at all.
We had such a great time here and hope to return soon!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 16, 2013

This is the right place to be in Cabo. You can wake up, have your coffee, walk down to the pool, swim, read your book, then later go to the beach, get a chair, get and umbrella, get hot, go for a swim in the ocean for an hour. After your afternoon nap, stroll in to town (15 minutes to all the restaurants). Eat some amazing food (I recommend Gordo Lele's Tacos and Burrito Surf). Then walk back to the place by the fire station and see the two old fashion firehouse Dalmatians.

There may be better beaches at other resorts. And you could be closer to town by staying at a hotel in town without a beach, but if you want it all, this is the place to go.

As for the room, it was huge and spacious and had 2 balconies on the 5th floor. It did not smell from hotel room cleaning agents which is good--I hate that. And it has a little kitchen and everything. I do recommend bringing your own coffee pods for the maker.

The only downside is the Mango club in front of the hotel on the beach. It is fun in some ways to have thud thud thud 90's and 2000's dance music, but the DJ guy gets old. And the general "spring break party atmosphere" gets a little old. It stops sometime in the middle of the night and starts at about 11am. At the pool, the Mango music conflicts with the piped in resort music. This is the only reason I give 4 stars not 5. Try to get a room on the 5th or higher floor if you can!

That being said, I don't know that there is a better hotel to stay at in Cabo--I would go there again tomorrow!

Room Tip: 5th floor or above
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo