I went for 4 nights March 7-11. The property is very beautiful and very clean and the location is ideal for those wanting to be close to town. The rooms are spacious. We had a 1 bedroom suite with a full kitchen. That was great as we bought a few snacks and breakfast items to keep from eating out all the time. I was traveling with my sister in law. She slept on the sofa bed. I can tell you, the sofa bed is not ideal for adults...its about the size of a full size bed and basically just the couch cushions turned out. She said it was ok but not desirable by any means. We did request a roll in bed but that was even less comfortable. We requested a room away from the Mango bar and on the 4th floor or higher. We were not accommodated. She assured me our room was not near the Mango Beach Bar and we would be fine. Wrong! We had room 309 which was literally 3 rooms from the lobby...and directly in front of the Mango Bar. I looked around the property and to be honest...I think all rooms are within ear shot of the Mango bar. The hotel basically half circles around it. So good luck avoiding that. None the less...they did seem to quiet down by midnight every night. So it was not as bad as I had anticipated as long as the balcony door was closed it was bearable until midnight. The food at 12 Tribes was very good. I would definitely eat there again. The room service food was gross. I'd definitely avoid that. The water in the shower was warm at best...never hot. Which was strange because the water in the jacuzzi tub was always sufficiently hot. They must be on different water heaters. We were actually cold in our room at night but could never figure out how to get heat, only A/C in the room. In their defense, we never asked either. We just tolerated it. The service was generally very good..all staff at the hotel was very nice (except the check in clerk who seemed annoyed by our asking for a room away from the Mango Bar and 4th floor). The timeshare sharks were not as bad as I read. They will approach you multiple times a day as you pass through the lobby offering free spa or other items. If you don't want to spend a few hours to get freebies, just learn to say no and move on. BTW, welcome breakfast...is code for timeshare talk. The guy tried to tell is its not a timeshare, rather its a vacation club. You can dress it any way you want but its the same thing. I did go to the spa for a somewhat overpriced pedicure. I thought the stations looked a bit grimy and needed a good cleaning for sure. None the less, the technician was great and very friendly and my pedicure was well done. I prefer my place back home which is easily $20 less and much cleaner. They wanted $180 for a 80 minute massage. We got 70 minute massages in town for $20. Other places in town wanted $40, still much better than Casa Dorada. Overall I'd say the people are very friendly, the timeshare folks can get on your nerves after a couple days, the mango bar is great if you're a college kid on spring break. But for the timeshare clientele that want to attract, this is not a 4+ star resort. I'd give it a high 3, 4 at best. Note to Casa Dorada: if you want people to buy into it as a 4+ star resort, I suggest you ramp up the service, minimize the time share sharks, improve the spa cleanliness, lower prices, improve the bed quality, fix the hot water issues and improve food quality significantly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With an incomparable location on Medano Beach -- the best swimmable beach of Cabo, Casa Dorada is just steps away from world-class shopping, dining, entertainment, and the marina. As a member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts, a collection of the world’s finest independent luxury hotels, Casa Dorada Los Cabos brings the upscale service and family-friendly features to the Cabo San Lucas oceanfront. The Resort grants visitors a more convenient, yet equally spectacular, alternative to the more remote hotel zone of the Tourist Corridor. Boasting unobstructed vistas of Land’s End and the famous Arch, Casa Dorada is just 30 minutes away from Los Cabos International Airport. All of the 185 spacious one-, two- and three-bedroom suites and penthouses, open up to Los Cabos’ most dazzling ocean view, while the luminous and contemporary interiors ensure your comfort and satisfaction. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Booking.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, getaroom.com, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Dorada Los Cabos Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas