I have just returned from four days in Los Cabos @ Casa Dorada and the experience was excellent. Feb 2-5, 2013. Our room was huge, with a kitchenette that was very helpful for casual refreshments and snacks, an independent bedroom and it was perfectly located (Room 219), we were very close to the swimming pool (10 steps from room to the water).
My 10-year old son could spend time in the water while we could sit outside of our room listening some music. The water temperature was warm, very easy to get it, even for my wife who can´t stand cold water.
We had lunch in the hotel only once, the rest of the days we walked around the hotel, there are many good restaurants at walking-distance, plenty of choices available.
There was a wedding one night and we could hear some of the music inside the room, but it didn´t bother us.
The hotel is conviniently located very close to the Marina in Cabo San Lucas, so any activities related to whale-watching, the arch, etc., are very close.
The only downside I could think of is the proximity of the hotel to the public access to the beach, which brings some people selling their products or offering tours; it did not affect us because is winter and the ocean water is cold and we spend our time by the swimming pool.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With an incomparable location on Medano Beach -- the best swimmable beach of Cabo, Casa Dorada is just steps away from world-class shopping, dining, entertainment, and the marina. As a member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts, a collection of the world’s finest independent luxury hotels, Casa Dorada Los Cabos brings the upscale service and family-friendly features to the Cabo San Lucas oceanfront. The Resort grants visitors a more convenient, yet equally spectacular, alternative to the more remote hotel zone of the Tourist Corridor. Boasting unobstructed vistas of Land’s End and the famous Arch, Casa Dorada is just 30 minutes away from Los Cabos International Airport. All of the 185 spacious one-, two- and three-bedroom suites and penthouses, open up to Los Cabos’ most dazzling ocean view, while the luminous and contemporary interiors ensure your comfort and satisfaction. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, TravelClick, Expedia, Despegar.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Dorada Los Cabos Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas