My husband and I just spent 6 days at Casa Dorada. Overall the location on Medano Beach is great, the hotel is beautiful and the rooms big and nice. I do have a few complaints that may make me reconsider a second stay. The staff is extremely pushy with the timeshare/vacation club. There is someone waiting for you literally standing behind you as you Check in to hit you with the timeshare or as they call is vacation club speech. We knew to expect this to some extent from past reviewers so we shut him right down. I feel it's a terrible tactic. Guests have just traveled some from very far distances and simply want to get to their room and relax not be hounded by a sales person. It didn't stop there as outside on the path to the beach there is a booth with activities set up and at that point when you walk by they try to sell you again on the timeshare and telling them once on the first day no not interested isn't enough as they continue to ask daily. I think that Casa Dorada needs to rethink how they are trying to sell these timeshares / vacation clubs to their guests. My other complaint is the internet. They don't offer free Wifi but instead charge $15 per day per device to use it. The connection is terrible and went in and out and if you have a problem with it the hotel won't help you they wash their hands clean and told me they use an outside vendor and would need to connect me to them for help, terrible customer service on Casa Doradas part. My last compliant was with room cleaning. Our robes were removed several times and not replaced, we had to call the front desk for hand towels everyday as they just simply didn't replace them as well as toilet paper. No extra rolls and one day they simply left the toilet paper holder empty. Last when we checked out the front desk was very straight forward gave us the bill and we paid it and that was it. Not once did they ask how was your stay, hope you enjoyed it etc as every single hotel in or out of the states that we have stayed at have always asked.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With an incomparable location on Medano Beach -- the best swimmable beach of Cabo, Casa Dorada is just steps away from world-class shopping, dining, entertainment, and the marina. As a member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts, a collection of the world’s finest independent luxury hotels, Casa Dorada Los Cabos brings the upscale service and family-friendly features to the Cabo San Lucas oceanfront. The Resort grants visitors a more convenient, yet equally spectacular, alternative to the more remote hotel zone of the Tourist Corridor. Boasting unobstructed vistas of Land’s End and the famous Arch, Casa Dorada is just 30 minutes away from Los Cabos International Airport. All of the 185 spacious one-, two- and three-bedroom suites and penthouses, open up to Los Cabos’ most dazzling ocean view, while the luminous and contemporary interiors ensure your comfort and satisfaction. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Expedia, Preferred Hotels, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Dorada Los Cabos Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas