“Great location and solid property”

Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa
Ranked #16 of 70 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great location and solid property”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

When you arrive at the Casa Dorada, the building is somewhat plane; a stuccoed building with not much of an exterior. It is a time share property and the staff gently pushes the guests to explore buying timeshares. Check in is typically late, after 4:00 but the staff allows you to use the property spa and pool while your room is prepared. The rooms have a generous amount of space and our kept spotless by the hardworking employees. All rooms have views of the ocean and pool. The pool is kept clean and has a fun bar at one end of the pool. You are protected by a manned gate you must walk through to get to the beach. The beach is pretty. the one complaint is the unending string of vendors trying to sell you something and the loud noise of the Mango bar that partially obstructs the view of th beach from the rooms. All in all, the CD is a solid property. Have fun!

Room Tip: The higher floors provide the best views.
1 Thank travelingman826

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (603)
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We stayed at Casa Dorado as we won the trip at a benefit. We had a beautiful one bedroom suite on the 6th floor. Sitting on the deck for coffee every morning was a treat. The hotel is beautiful and the poor area is lovely. You can walk easily in to town for lots of shopping and eating! The big draw back to this place is Mango Deck World sits right on the beach in front of the pool. The drinking games and the guy on the mic is pretty annoying and very distracting. The music gets pretty loud at times. It starts up around noon and goes until late. They do seem to take Sunday off!!! Next time we will be sure not to have a beach club right in front of our hotel!

1 Thank ontheroadagain0709
chicago
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I liked a lot of things about this property:
New construction (2008 I believe).
One of the nicest quality rooms I've ever stayed at - full dining room table, Jacuzzi, two balconies, and everything worked. Nothing was burned, torn, worn, etc.
Phenomenal ocean view.

Some things that bothered me:
You can't get a coffee in the place. It's like they don't have a restaurant.
They really squeeze you for internet access at $15/day. I think it should be included.
They really push the time share business to a fault. I'm a paying customer, leave me be!
They play music at the pool bar and muzak everywhere else. I want some quiet by the pool, not competing noise!
The kids were kind of annoying with a lot of screaming and splashing.
Casa Dorado allows cruise ship passengers to use the pool after a time share presentation. Yuck. "Real" guests started referring to these cheap deal hunters as ship rats.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank mvankampen
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 31, 2012

We recently returned to Casa Dorada after having stayed there previously, and were joined by friends staying there for the first time, in another suite. Overall it is still a very nice property, and the staff are extremely nice, but we noticed some negatives from our previous trip: 1) Our room view was not as nice (obstructed view toward Lands End) as the previous trip, although our friends did have a much nicer view from their room, despite them booking for less money than what we paid. 2) The room smelled a bit "mildewey" upon check-in - last time it was immaculate. 3) The shower water pressure was low (lower than last time), and several mornings we had to wait up to 10 minutes for hot water. 4) Our microwave did not work, and was not repaired/replaced while we were there, despite reporting it. 5) Most importantly, on our last stay when we made it clear on day 1 that we were not interested in buying a timeshare, we were left alone (thank you!) for the rest of our stay. This time, we were re-approached pretty much every single day, despite consistently saying "no". This is still a very nice operation and resort, with a fabulous staff, but after being excited to come back there after our previous stay, I think that I'll be looking at different options for our next visit.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the right side of the resort, or especially on the lower floors there - the view i...
1 Thank Ken S
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We stayed here for a wedding this last weekend (October 27th, 2012). We got the junior suite, as we were only staying two nights. After a 2 hour drive from the airport due to traffic, I was in a horrible mood. But, as we were checking in they offered us drinks and I immediately started to feel better. Then, we get to our room. The junior suite is very similar to a "normal" hotel room, but it did have a kitchenette. It was not big. BUT, I opened the door and we had an unobstructed view of the ocean and beaches - nothing can beat that :)

The staff were friendly and not pushy towards us. The beach had it's own reserved area and the pools were both great.

It was a quick trip, but I'd really like to go back.

Room Tip: I believe you can get either an ocean view or a pool view. Rooms higher up had better views. We we...
2 Thank miamitola
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Disappointed with our timeshare accommodation next door we decided to bite the bullet and move hotels. We researched and looked at a few but availability was the key here so we were delighted that Casa Dorada could accommodate us for 4 of our seven days. We had a delightful, clean contemporary room with a kitchenette and living area over looking the beautiful pool. The staff here are so nice and helpful and provided you make it very clear you are not interested in buying a timeshare! The pool was lovely overlooking the sea and from snacks to dinner all food we had here was of a good standard. The key to this gem of a hotel is its location..right on the beach you can swim in, walking distance to the marina and surrounded by several good restaurants and bars. It was so nice to be able to walk out at night and not to have to get in a taxi. If we return to Cabo this will be our first choice of hotel to stay in!

4 Thank Marbs2011
Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Upon arrival was upgraded to two bedroom suite. Beautiful views! People were friendly and helpful. All staff was attentive. The only problem I had was the time share people. I knew that they would be approaching me here from other tripadvisor reviews. However, the pressure that they try to place on you to purchase a time share is crazy. I tried to explain to them that I would think over the information they presented, but they just switched me to another person until i finally said ENOUGH! I told them I was done with the presentation, I had said no twice and if I had to say no again i was going to become very angry. At this point the presentation concluded and I went on to thoroughly enjoy my time here. The room service was fast and the food was great. I had the salmon wrap and it was excellant. I recommend you bring coffee with you as this can be quite costly..$11.00 for a pot. The pools were well taken care of. I did not eat at the 12 tribes rest. but this was do to time as there was so many excellant places to eat. Th ehighlight food wise was the place directly across the street. I had the tuna tartar..by far the best i have ever had. The B lounge service was vey slow but drinks were good. I would recommend this to anyone who wants a great vacation. The water was perfect, lots of activities, and food was incredible.

Room Tip: bring your own coffee, try to green juice in the rest. on the water you will love it!
3 Thank jspot27