I spent my birthday celebrating at Casa Dorada. 6 girlfriends and I flew down together and spent 3 nights. Then my girlfriends flew home and my husband and two daughters flew in for 4 nights! It was the perfect amount of time with each.
My girlfriends and I loved the Tamarind Margarita welcome drinks. I booked the largest penthouse to celebrate my birthday so we were very excited to see it. I ordered beverage delivery from a local service and they were unloading right when we pulled up to Casa Dorada. My friends and the beverage delivery service had the bellboys gather all our bags and alcohol to bring up to our room. Penthouse checkin was very nice and offered me a cool towel and a water. The disappointing part was that no one escorted or gave us direction to our room? We basically had to go find it. Most Penthouses are on the 8th floor but this one was on the 7th floor. I knew it as Penthouse 1 but the door says Agave (which I wasn't told it would be called so a bit confusing :-) We told the bellboy that we were in PH-1 and when they got up to our room, 2 of my friends bags were missing and the beverage supplies weren't there either. (we had seen all of the bags and the drinks on the cart before we left to find our room so it was odd). Unfortunately, my two friends had to actually go downstairs and track down their bags and bring them upstairs themselves. The beverage delivery person had to go downstairs and try to find the beverages too. It wasn't a great first impression for Casa Dorada and I was a little embarrassed and disappointed that it wasn't a smoother arrival. Also our Penthouse was 100 degrees. I kind of thought they would at least have the air conditioning running so it would be more pleasant when we arrived. Oh and the other embarrassing thing was that the two extra rooms only had one bed in each (there was supposed to be a King in the masterbedroom and two doubles in each of the other 2 bedrooms). So my friends are looking at me like "where do we sleep?" I call downstairs and tell them. They act surprised and say they will send up 4 rollaways.
Thankfully we figured out how to get all the airconditioners running and our beverage delivery person found our drinks. The room was huge and nice once it was cooled down and we loved it. The balcony was awesome! We loved the Baja Tacos and Chips and Guac by the pool and on the beach. The pool bartenders and servers were all very nice. We would definitely return! Here are some photos!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With an incomparable location on Medano Beach -- the best swimmable beach of Cabo, Casa Dorada is just steps away from world-class shopping, dining, entertainment, and the marina. As a member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts, a collection of the world’s finest independent luxury hotels, Casa Dorada Los Cabos brings the upscale service and family-friendly features to the Cabo San Lucas oceanfront. The Resort grants visitors a more convenient, yet equally spectacular, alternative to the more remote hotel zone of the Tourist Corridor. Boasting unobstructed vistas of Land’s End and the famous Arch, Casa Dorada is just 30 minutes away from Los Cabos International Airport. All of the 185 spacious one-, two- and three-bedroom suites and penthouses, open up to Los Cabos’ most dazzling ocean view, while the luminous and contemporary interiors ensure your comfort and satisfaction. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TravelClick, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, HotelsClick, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Dorada Los Cabos Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas