“1/2 Girls Trip and 1/2 Family Trip!”

Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa
Ranked #16 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
San Jose, CA
“1/2 Girls Trip and 1/2 Family Trip!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

I spent my birthday celebrating at Casa Dorada. 6 girlfriends and I flew down together and spent 3 nights. Then my girlfriends flew home and my husband and two daughters flew in for 4 nights! It was the perfect amount of time with each.
My girlfriends and I loved the Tamarind Margarita welcome drinks. I booked the largest penthouse to celebrate my birthday so we were very excited to see it. I ordered beverage delivery from a local service and they were unloading right when we pulled up to Casa Dorada. My friends and the beverage delivery service had the bellboys gather all our bags and alcohol to bring up to our room. Penthouse checkin was very nice and offered me a cool towel and a water. The disappointing part was that no one escorted or gave us direction to our room? We basically had to go find it. Most Penthouses are on the 8th floor but this one was on the 7th floor. I knew it as Penthouse 1 but the door says Agave (which I wasn't told it would be called so a bit confusing :-) We told the bellboy that we were in PH-1 and when they got up to our room, 2 of my friends bags were missing and the beverage supplies weren't there either. (we had seen all of the bags and the drinks on the cart before we left to find our room so it was odd). Unfortunately, my two friends had to actually go downstairs and track down their bags and bring them upstairs themselves. The beverage delivery person had to go downstairs and try to find the beverages too. It wasn't a great first impression for Casa Dorada and I was a little embarrassed and disappointed that it wasn't a smoother arrival. Also our Penthouse was 100 degrees. I kind of thought they would at least have the air conditioning running so it would be more pleasant when we arrived. Oh and the other embarrassing thing was that the two extra rooms only had one bed in each (there was supposed to be a King in the masterbedroom and two doubles in each of the other 2 bedrooms). So my friends are looking at me like "where do we sleep?" I call downstairs and tell them. They act surprised and say they will send up 4 rollaways.
Thankfully we figured out how to get all the airconditioners running and our beverage delivery person found our drinks. The room was huge and nice once it was cooled down and we loved it. The balcony was awesome! We loved the Baja Tacos and Chips and Guac by the pool and on the beach. The pool bartenders and servers were all very nice. We would definitely return! Here are some photos!!

Room Tip: If you can swing it, get a Penthouse!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Suel3754

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (581)
Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

This "just right" sized resort offers spacious, beautiful rooms (mine was a junior suite) with large balconies perfect for taking in the fabulous views. The location is ideal because it is within walking distance to both downtown and the very active marina where shopping, entertainment and restaurant options abound. This was my second stay at Casa Dorada and although I travelled alone this time, I did not have any fear or concerns about my safety (of course you don't just wander around aimlessly.....you confirm with the knowledgeable personnel first). Every staff member provided a smile along with professional, timely, expert service. The spa facility needs some attention, it seems a little neglected; however the service I received was very satisfying. Of course, I will visit Casa Dorado again!

Room Tip: North, center or south located rooms are all equally good, just, the higher the better so you can en...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Julia B
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

I like the service and the great location of this resort. Great views. The internet service needs to be faster. You could walk to the mall in 10 mins. Squid Roe is also 10 min from the hotel. Great beach and right next to "Mango deck" and "The Office". You could get a boat ride to the Arco from the hotel beach. I got it for 300 Pasos for 6 people.

Room Tip: Go to the beach and BYOB. Do not eat at Mango Deck but drinks are OK. $50 for 7 days of internet ser...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Pleasanton, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

I had previously written a review of this resort hotel. Once again I stayed here, this time in the one bedroom Penthouse suite. The room was beautiful with full kitchen (stainless steel appliances, granite counters, dining area, living room, huge balcony with hot tub/jacuzzi, two full bathrooms plus a large tub). The views are amazing.

We also had a one bedrom plus which is great because there are 2 full bathrooms. We had 4 teens in the one bedroom plus and there was plenty of room for them.

What I like about Casa Dorada? The staff are very friendly, the place is always clean. You cannot beat the location of the resort...it is right on Medano Beach, steps away from The Office. You can easily walk to town (the marina). This resort is quiet and does not have the "party" atmosphere of other Cabo hotels. You can hear the noise from the MANGO DECK though...that is a bar restaurant.

Our teens liked going to the Mango deck and also went over next door to Casa Dorada's sister hotel, ME Cabo for the party ambiance.

Our rooms were always spotlessly clean and they the maids even wash the windows every day.

I highly recommend Casa Dorada as a great place to stay for couples or families.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank adlibjane
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

We arrived and they welcomed us with a mango margaritas. Our junior suite had two clean, modern rooms. (Jacuzzi tub, kitchenette, tv's with English channels) The view was amazing! Everyone was attentive and cordial. With the beautiful view from the pool it was exactly what we envisioned. I think we were lucky that the hotel didn't seem to be overly busy so there was no wait for anything we needed...plenty of lounges around the pool. It was also centrally located for walking to town. We would go again in a minute!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank L T
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

A group of girls recently stayed at Casa Dorada Los Cabos and it was an amazing experience. We had an exceptional 2 bedroom suite with views overlooking the Sea of Cortez/Lands End. The staff was attentive to our every need and assisted us with questions. Our room was spacious and well kept. The grounds were also well maintained - including the beach area. Hands down to Izzy - he is an incredible resource and made our trip much more enjoyable. Friendly & personable. I would highly recommend this place to others - looking forward to returning in the future with my husband.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank heh713
Houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

My wife and I went back to Cabo for the 3rd time in 20 years. The property was in excellent condition, the rooms were also excellent. Very close access to the beach and other ammenities.

Word of warning, do not book transportation from the hotel website, it wasn't available when we arrived at the Cabo airport. Probably cheaper ot hire a taxi from the airport. Also, huge push both at the airport and from the hotel to sign up for time share/breakfast speech. We did receive the 'gifts' that were promised for sitting through the sell job, but it certainly isn't worth the loss of 2 hours of your vacation time.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Hotel Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas
Hotel Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas
#31 of 71 in Cabo San Lucas
4.0 of 5 bubbles 6,405 reviews

Been to Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!