Just got back yesterday from a wonderful one week stay at Casa Dorada and we could not have had a better time!
We booked a Junior Suite on Expedia.com and check in was a breeze......We asked for a room on an upper floor and were given a beautiful suite on the 5th floor. Room was not quite ready when we arrived....but no worries....took a short walk around resort, had a margarita and an hr later (330pm).....had keys in hand! Room was very modern, very comfortable bed, fully equipped "mini" kitchen, spacious bathroom etc. Air conditioning and fans worked wonderfully . Free wi-fi was included in our booking and worked beautifully the whole week in our room.
No pressure whatsoever to go to Time Share tour. In fact we were somewhat (pleasantly) surprised that we weren't shuttled over to the "Activities Desk" until our room was ready upon check in. Also, not one one phone call bothering us the entire week we were there!
Pool area very nice, but the first day (while at breakfast), we came back to our poolside chairs and found our belongings had been picked up by hotel staff and other people in what we thought would be our chairs for the day. We were somewhat annoyed as we had only left for about an hr, but apparently this follows hotel policy of no reserving chairs. We made our way down to the beach where the hotel has a roped off area of chairs and beach umbrellas, and found what would be our "daytime home" for the rest of the week! There was an abundance of chairs on the beach, and we found that there was never a problem with leaving chairs unattended for an hr or two at a time to partake in beach activities, lunch, swimming etc. Our favorite waiter "Martin" attended to our refreshment and drink requests most of the week and we found ourselves looking forward to seeing him most days of our stay. Drinks were very reasonably priced (mostly 2 for 1) as was breakfast and lunch which we had a couple times during our stay.. Lots of entertainment on the beach from people watching at the Mango Deck to cruise ship crowds and beach activities. The location of the resort is in the center of Medano Beach activity and is a short walk to town and the Marina. Best views and location in my opinion.
We never had dinner at the resort as we enjoyed the MANY wonderful restaurants that Cabo has to offer. We did return to the resort most evenings around 10pm for an evening "nightcap" in the lounge bar, and found things to be very quiet at the resort. No loud music or partying around the hotel grounds or beach bars to interfere with sleep. A couple of nights there was a live band across the street at one of the neighboring hotels, but we just kept our balcony door closed with fan/air conditining on and slept very well.
We are already looking forward to coming back to Cabo very soon and will definately be staying here again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With an incomparable location on Medano Beach -- the best swimmable beach of Cabo, Casa Dorada is just steps away from world-class shopping, dining, entertainment, and the marina. As a member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts, a collection of the world’s finest independent luxury hotels, Casa Dorada Los Cabos brings the upscale service and family-friendly features to the Cabo San Lucas oceanfront. The Resort grants visitors a more convenient, yet equally spectacular, alternative to the more remote hotel zone of the Tourist Corridor. Boasting unobstructed vistas of Land’s End and the famous Arch, Casa Dorada is just 30 minutes away from Los Cabos International Airport. All of the 185 spacious one-, two- and three-bedroom suites and penthouses, open up to Los Cabos’ most dazzling ocean view, while the luminous and contemporary interiors ensure your comfort and satisfaction. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelClick, Despegar.com, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Dorada Los Cabos Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas