After reading reviews for weeks, we decided that this resort seemed to offer everything we were looking for for the price that we were wanting to pay.
We went for 1 week with another couple and are in our late twenties to late thirties and are not rowdy partiers.
Food: We read so many reviews that it seemed as though it was not worth getting up to the desk by 7am to make reservations for the A la Cartes, as discovered last year at another all inclusive that the arrangements for these are always a nightmare and not worth the hassle. We decided to forego this option and head to the buffet and were SO glad we did. The food was VERY good and offered tonnes of selection. Anyone who complains about not having variety etc is WAY too picky to be at an all inclusive. Each night they had the basics.. mexican items, some pasta, salad bar etc, and then mixed it up with nightly specials.. jambalaya, sushi, roast beef, lamb... always something different and loads of choices. Breakfast offered all sorts of options from smoothies and yummy oatmeal, to the good old bacon eggs (cooked all sorts of different ways) and sausage etc... plus of course fruit, pastries etc.
Overall, I would never have expected food of this quality in an all inclusive and was VERY happy (and gained weight to prove it).
Grounds: The grounds were beautiful and way more established than you would expect for a newer resort. There was a pool for every crowd.. the first infinity pool/swim up bar is the younger crowd, and the far one more relaxed and quiet. The middle one which is the largest mostly only had kids as there is no bar at it. The middle pool in the centre courtyard of the resort is where all the daily activities take place and is alot busier and noisier as well, but also a nice place to hang out and closer to most buildings.
Rooms: We stayed in building #3 which was the PERFECT location.. close to everything!
My only complaint about the room is one that I have heard from many others too... the buildings are noisy!! The halls seem to echo the noise right into the rooms, so when a group of partiers would return to their room (or the guy trying to kick his way into his room at 4am) you would not miss a word of it! Also, if you like to siesta, being in a room facing the courtyard pools can make it hard because of the activities etc going on there.. lots of music etc.
Entertainment: The entertainment staff are great, they always have things going on in the centre courtyard pool during the day for those who are into that kind of thing, and at night there is always a show... grease, mama mia etc... they were kind of cute and something to do in the evening.. the only part I didn't like is that they start the evening with the kids stuff which is VERY VERY repetitive!!!!
Beach: The beach has very coarse sand which I found to be hard on my feet, but very clean and well kept. You can take a water taxi over to lovers and divorce beach which is a nice little trip... just dont swim on divorce beach unless you have a death wish!
Service: The service was far better than I have received in the past... everyone was very friendly and hardworking!!
Overall: I would definitely recommend this resort! It seemed to have something for everyone and offered VERY good value for the price!.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located in the southern Baja California peninsula, 4.5 Km/2.8 Miles from Cabo San Lucas * Opened winter 2007/8 * 1-story main building and 3-story and 4-story annexes * On the beachfront * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 3.5 Km/2.2 Miles from downtown Cabo San Lucas * 40 km/25 miles from the airport * 500 m/1650 ft from a bus stop ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with RIU Hotels and Resorts, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Riu Santa Fe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Santa Fe Cabo San Lucas
- Riu Santa Fe Los Cabos
- Riu Sante Fe
- Hotel Riu Santa Fe Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos