My husband and I stayed at the Riu Santa Fe Feb. 10-15, 2009. We have never been to Cabo and this was the perfect place to stay for the money. This all-inclusive resort was comparable to the Iberostars that we have stayed at in the Riviera Maya for service, cleanliness, food quality, and entertainment.
We stayed in Bldg #3 room 3127, which was centrally located by the interior pool area and quiet at night for a good night's rest. The resort was busy too. My only criticism of the rooms was the size of the safe and the packets for soap and shampoo. My husband had his computer with for business and the safe was not large enough to store it. We have had other resorts that he could fit his computer into at the Iberostars. Also, they provide packets for shampoo and bath gel. Wall units or bottles would be better. It's hard to tear the packets open when you are wet. The room was very clean and our housekeeper, Martha, was amazing with her towel animals and floral heart on Valentine's Day.
There are 2 pool areas. One is central inside the garden view rooms and one is by the ocean view rooms. There are plenty of swimup bars to enjoy a refreshing cocktail in the sun. There are 2 over looking the Sea of Cortez that are infinity pools with built in cactus tables and seats...cute.
The food was good at the international buffet. We never were able to get into the restaurants. That system is not good also. You have to go to the desk at 7 a.m. to get in anywhere and can only make reservations for that day. It did not matter as we found the buffet good. They have a meat carving station and pasta station that we liked alot.
Shows at night were good too. We expecially liked Grease, Momma Mia, and the audience participation show Cats & Dogs. I enjoyed my coffee and Bailey's after dinner watching the shows.
All in all this resort is only a little over 1 year old an is a very good value. It is clean, good service, location is only 10 minute cab ride to downtown Cabo, and the views of the rock formations & cruise ships are great. I would recommend this resort to anyone going to Cabo.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located in the southern Baja California peninsula, 4.5 Km/2.8 Miles from Cabo San Lucas * Opened winter 2007/8 * 1-story main building and 3-story and 4-story annexes * On the beachfront * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 3.5 Km/2.2 Miles from downtown Cabo San Lucas * 40 km/25 miles from the airport * 500 m/1650 ft from a bus stop ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, RIU Hotels and Resorts, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Riu Santa Fe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Santa Fe Cabo San Lucas
- Riu Santa Fe Los Cabos
- Riu Sante Fe
- Hotel Riu Santa Fe Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos