The landscaping on this property is different and beautiful. The staff is very friendly and helpful.
The food was just alright. A great variety but most of it is grilled. My wives stomach cannot take much grilled food. The only show that we thought was good was the Michael Jackson show.
The drinks could be very good, depending on the bartender. Mario was very good, made our Black Russins with Kahula, other bar tenders used Creme de Cocoa which were not very good.
The activities were near building 7 in the pool, referred to as the crazy pool. Not a good family area to be with young kids. There is a pool area for younger kids which was in the quiet pool. The problem with the quiet pool is there are no rest rooms around the pool. You either go back to your room, go by the sports bar or as many did, go in the pool. Not very sanitary.
It is a very large complex. We were told we could see the arch from the crazy pool but all you see is a side of the arch, not really seeing the arch itself. We were told a glass bottom boat ride tour allows you to see the arch but you must walk in the water to get in the boat. This is not good for any handicapped person or seniors. We also were told they charge a $1 to help you into the boat.
The dress code in the specialty restaurants is relaxed. The only requirement for men is no cut off shirts without sleeves.
The breakfast selection was the best. The smoothies were very good, the omelettes were delicious and there was a great variety of fresh fruit to choose from.
This is a great place for singles in the age range of 30 - 40 years of age. Lots of partying all night long. The disco is open till 5:00am and the sports bar is open 24 hours, with pool tables and fooze ball tables.
There is no room service at all which is a problem if someone is ill and cannot leave the room. The other issue is that the hotel does not allow anyone an extended stay after check out. We offered to pay to keep the room later and it was not allowed. This was an inconvenience since check out is 11:00am and our plane did not leave till 7:25pm.
The last limitation in the bottled water. There are large bottles (1.5L) of water in the room but for any smaller bottles of water, you must go to the front desk. The bars by the pools do not have bottled water.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located in the southern Baja California peninsula, 4.5 Km/2.8 Miles from Cabo San Lucas * Opened winter 2007/8 * 1-story main building and 3-story and 4-story annexes * On the beachfront * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 3.5 Km/2.2 Miles from downtown Cabo San Lucas * 40 km/25 miles from the airport * 500 m/1650 ft from a bus stop ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with RIU Hotels and Resorts, Expedia, BookIt.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Riu Santa Fe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Santa Fe Cabo San Lucas
- Riu Santa Fe Los Cabos
- Riu Sante Fe
- Hotel Riu Santa Fe Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos