We were at the Riu Santa Fe from jan 23 to jan 30. Having read many mixed reviews before going to the Riu SF, my expectations were a bit low but I have to say that we were pleasantly surprised overall with our stay.
IN A NUTSHELL: the resort is beautiful and very well maintained, with a spectacular ocean front view of Land's end and the Sea of Cortez. Service is very good and friendly throughout the resort. Rooms are clean, spacious, the bed was ok but a little hard. Plenty of activities to choose from, on and off the resort, and Cabo San Lucas is a 12$/10 minute cab ride away where there are a ton of really fun bars, nice restaurants and friendly people (although it gets a little tiring to be asked if we want to go on this or that tour every 2 minutes).
FOOD: keep in mind that this place has 900 rooms. You can't expect a gourmet experience here for the price paid. That being said, we always found something tasty at the buffet's for breakfast and lunch and there are plenty of options. We tried 3 à la carte restaurants: the mexican was ok, the asian was a little disappointing, and finally the italian was actually quite good. We bought 4 bottles of wine at the duty free on our way there and would bring our own wine to dinner with us. The wine at the resort is lousy.
ROOMS: we were in building 7. This building is separate from the six others and is the only one that is ocean front. I definitely recommend this building. Nice pools with spectacular views. We didn't have problems with sleeping at night, but again, with 900 rooms, chances are you could run into some late night partyers making too much noise. Mini bar re-stocked every two days but you could always call the reception and they will send what you need.
This place is very good for the price. It was our first time in Cabo and we loved our vacation. I will write separate reviews for the activities we did and the bars and restaurants we visited. Feel free to send me a message if you have any questions and I'll try to answer them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located in the southern Baja California peninsula, 4.5 Km/2.8 Miles from Cabo San Lucas * Opened winter 2007/8 * 1-story main building and 3-story and 4-story annexes * On the beachfront * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 3.5 Km/2.2 Miles from downtown Cabo San Lucas * 40 km/25 miles from the airport * 500 m/1650 ft from a bus stop ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with RIU Hotels and Resorts, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Riu Santa Fe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Santa Fe Cabo San Lucas
- Riu Santa Fe Los Cabos
- Riu Sante Fe
- Hotel Riu Santa Fe Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos