“Three Sisters B day trip”
Review of Hotel Riu Santa Fe

Hotel Riu Santa Fe
Ranked #41 of 70 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
“Three Sisters B day trip”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

We had the best time! The resort is so well kept, room was kept very clean and stocked as there were three of us sharing. Food was plentiful and had many choices so I cannot see how anyone could complain, it was great! The reserved restaurants did well, steak, way too big but cooked to order.
On my sisters bday I asked if they had a candle that we could stick in a desert, and they came with a whole cake with candle and singing band ( at no charge) as the band usually sing for tips only. We felt that was way above and beyond expectations!
All in all I would definitely go there again!

Room Tip: We were in block 6 and it was so close to everything we wanted and when we wanted the party pool, at...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sharon D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,314)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I live in Los Cabos and I had some family members visiting from California on November 15 2013, I picked them up from the airport and took them to the Riu Santa Fe, arriving at the entrance I was received by a Gentleman that wasn't very pleasant, after stating the reason of been there he told me in a very dissatisfying tone of voice to not take over 15 minutes or I would never see my drivers license again, I was exited because my family was here and didnt really pay attention, I came back to pick them up to take them to San Jose and another gentleman at the front entrance asked even more questions than the last, I understand asking questions for the security of the hotel but you must have a level of customer service, when we returned the same gentleman was at the gate and I told him I was bringing the guest back, he asked for ids and when one of my family member asked a question he just turned around not answering and said "Hurry up time is running" Horrible service! I stay at hotels here in Los Cabos now and then and I cant tell you that I will never stay at Riu Santa Fe. My family lost a few items in the room as well when they were dinning and the Hotel never gave them an answer, they will write a review later based on the experience they had.

8 Thank CarlosSolisSS
Ingleside, Texas
Reviewed November 26, 2013

We stayed for a week for my 50th birthday. Our view was awesome! Room-clean! The staff was great! Very friendly and if you needed something, they would do everything to make it happen. Food---- could use improvement but I survived. We will definately stay again.

• Stayed November 2013
Toronto
Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

I have stayes at another Rui property on the past so my expectations were a bit high.

First off the property is very well kept. It is clean and well maintained. The pools are clean but cold, but you do get use to it.

The beach is clean but not swimmable infront of the resort! You have to walk quite a bit to get to the swimmable area.

I upgraded to an ocean view room (paid extra) when I got to the room I opened the balcony door and looked at a big pile of sand. If you look to the left of the balcony by stretching your neck you can see the ocean! I changed rooms after complaining then I got the left side of the pool area and a bit of the ocean (covered by Palm trees).

The food was good. We went to the Asian A la carte, Mexican, and italian, but didn't get the steakhouse (booked). All were good but the Italian restaurant I asked for non meat pasta (I wasn't in the mood for meat that night) first they gave me it with chicken then I returned it! Second, it came back with small pieces of chicken at the bottom after I stirred it! (I think they picked out the meat) If I would have been vegetarian I would I been angry! I didn't end up eating it and my husband and I left! Not what I expected at a la carte restaurant!

It is a 50 min ride from the airport! We stop at 3 other resorts on the way there and back! There is no room service! The internet is free once a day for 90 min total in the lobby only.

The resort is close to the marina and downtown mall/flea market ($12 US one way)

The staff was nice and very polite!

Overall good stay! Would I go there again? No. Would I recommend it? Umm for the price I am sure you can get better!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Mariakvs
alberta
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We arrived mid afternoon and our room was ready. We flew with Sunwing and received our resort bracelets as we boarded the airport transfer. This made for a fast check in at the hotel. The resort's architecture is adobe style which is nice at a Mexican resort. It seemed new and the grounds and gardens are beautifully maintained. This is a large resort. Quite a bit of walking which we enjoyed and needed after all the delicious meals! The well appointed rooms are in smaller buildings. There are several quiet pools with bars. The activity pools with bars are at the beach. We took the local buses to the marina at San Lucas and to San Jose. If you take cabs you might get a better price by walking to the end of the driveway and hiring your own. Be sure to settle on a price first.

4 Thank goneAlberta
White Rock, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Sunwings flew us down halloween night arivved at the resort and on the bus all the rooms were already figured out so no checking in which was great the vacation is on......had a drink had dinner at the buffet and then watched the halloween show at the theatre which was very well done .Next day looked over this beautiful resort saw the fab pools it was a party even early in the morningand continued for our 7 days . Room was very clean ,comfortable beds, fridge was full of beer ,liquor was hanging on the wall.the bartenders made any drink that we asked for and also made up more.smurf shooters are a must just beware the do not taste like alcohol. Had a great time ,if you want to party this is the place for you

Room Tip: building 7 is close to all the action ( pools ) just far from the main lobby and theatre and stores...
3 Thank Valerie R
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Returned from a week at Riu Santa Fe ...

Food ... plenty of reviews here so no need for me to get into detail, but I will say that the buffet is great at breakfast and evenings. Plenty to choose from so not sure why anyone would complain, but then again, some people are alive just to complain and find fault with anything not theirs. A big thanks to Raul who took care of us evey morning and was there most nights.

Only tried three of the A-La-Carte restaurants:

Chinese ... this to me was the weakest of all ... to much fried and MSG high foods.
Italian ... good ... enjoyed it twice and found selection great
Mexican ... good as well ... basic Mexican food, but good quality

Resort ... Stayed in building 4 which I think was perfect ... s short walk to the main beach/pool area, but very quiet at night. There is no way I would have wanted to be in building 7 where apparently all the 24-hour beer drinkers and 12 hour swim-up bar parkers hang out. The pool there and ocean front is nice. Swimming in the ocean is too rough so you will need to go down the beach a few hundred yards to swim in the ocean.

The main pool is nice and there is lot's of action and activities going on. We spent most morning there and then retreated to the quieter pool for a quieter afternoon.

Town ... we went into town ($12 taxi from the hotel) ... bus is $1 but to be honest, I think the taxi is well worth it for convenience and AC comfort. The town has a ton of stores buyt be prepared to get hounded at every store front as each vendor wants to get you inside. It was a bit tiring to say the least. The upscale mall though is wroth going to. There you will find a number of upscale stores (Tiffany's, other jewellers, etc.) and a variety of gift shops much more pleasant to visit than the street vendor types outside.

Hint: There are many beach vendors who will sell anything and normally they will begin pricing items at twice what they are probably worth. Talk them down to at least 50% of what they want or walk away. The vendors in town are not much better in terms of prices. In fact we found a blanket in the upscale mall for less than anyone wanted to sell us the same blanket on the beach or in town.

Also, don't fall for the children running around trying to sell you crap on the street. Don't feel sorry for them ... they work with their mom and are selling other items ...

Great trip ... weather is amazing, sand is coarse, but clean.

Staff at RIU are amazing ... not one thing bad to say. The entire staff from front desk to waiters, to bar staff, to the room cleaning staff were great. Even when our toilet needed adjusting they sent someone right away.

Room Tip: Building 4 or 5 are central to everything and quiet.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotel Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas
Hotel Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas
#32 of 70 in Cabo San Lucas
Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive
Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All...
#15 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo
Royal Solaris Los Cabos
Royal Solaris Los Cabos
#19 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo

Been to Hotel Riu Santa Fe? Share your experiences!