Feb 14 - 21, 2013
This was our first experience with a RUI Resort and would book again with them.
The Sun Wing check in process at the Airport was fast and efficient, the quickest I have experienced. The Express check out at the Resort on the last day was appreciated. The Sun Wing Reps were easily / always available for questions.
Hotel / Resort was clean and the landscaping beautiful. The pools / areas were well maintained. The beach was fenced off and you did not get bothered by local vendors. If you want to swim in the Ocean the undertow was strong and we were advised not to swim in the water in front of the resort.
We were in building 6 (conveniently near the main lobby area); the noise was not bad as several reviews said it would be. The rooms were spacious and clean. There was hot water for showers and the beds were comfortable with lots of pillows and blankets. There was only soap and shampoo available in the rooms. The stocked fridge (pop and water) and liquor bar in our room was a nice touch.
We found the General Manger assessable and helpful. Resort Staff friendly and accommodating, the entertainment was good, and we enjoyed the Michael Jackson and Grease shows.
There were plenty of seats in the buffet and restaurant areas. Food okay, (what we expected for a foreign country). The breakfast buffets had a good variety of items. We did miss our Heinz ketchup. Lunch and dinner buffets were much the same each day. We ate at the Mexican, Italian and Steakhouse a la carts and we thought it was good. Restaurant Staff was well trained and pleasant. We found that the bars offered a variety of tropical drinks.
Pool areas had sufficient chairs most days considering the Resort had no vacancies. Guests were not allowed to reserve pool lounge chairs before 8 am and Staff on the resort were policing this.
Most of the excursions were reasonably priced. We went off the resort into Los Cabos shopping, and felt safe and the taxi ride was reasonable priced. Golfing was nearby, but you needed a group to go with as the taxi ride to the courses was pricy.
We did have a few members of our group get sick for 24 – 36 hours; we cannot say for certain it was the food. It might be partially self induced too much fun and sun on the first full day on the Resort.
The weather was prefect at 25 – 27 degrees during the days, but the evenings were cooler and you need a light jacket and pants to watch the evening shows.
Overall a good vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located in the southern Baja California peninsula, 4.5 Km/2.8 Miles from Cabo San Lucas * Opened winter 2007/8 * 1-story main building and 3-story and 4-story annexes * On the beachfront * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 3.5 Km/2.2 Miles from downtown Cabo San Lucas * 40 km/25 miles from the airport * 500 m/1650 ft from a bus stop ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Despegar.com and BookIt.com so you can book your Hotel Riu Santa Fe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Santa Fe Cabo San Lucas
- Riu Santa Fe Los Cabos
- Riu Sante Fe
- Hotel Riu Santa Fe Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos