We've stayed at countless all inclusives around the caribbean (RIU's, Sandals, Grand Bahia Principe's, etc), so we feel we can give a well rounded review. We stayed at the RIU Sante Fe from Jan' 24 - 31 as part of a group of 10 adults. We'll just hit the highlights rather than go into too much detail: we really liked this particular RIU as it is designed and decorated in a very local/southwestern/Tex-Mex style which makes it stand out from the usual RIU decor. Very nicely appointed, very large, the grounds and buildings were absolutely spotless. We loved the cactus gardens along all of the walkways - very different from most resorts. The buffet was huge, had a great variety of quite good foods, and never seemed too crowded. It seems their restaurants and pool areas are large enough to deal with the high volume of guests. We ate at the Mexican and Italian specialty restaurants and really loved the food, the presentation, etc. The staff at this resort were simply the most genuinely happy and caring that we've come across for a long time. Didn't come across one stern face or any staff who didn't say Ola at the very least.
The very best parts of this resort for us were the dramatic sea views and the rock outcroppings across the bay. The beach is long and beautiful, but as everyone knows the water is not safe to swim in. The large and plentiful pools mostly make up for the no-swimming in the ocean.
Our only two issues were that the wine is probably the worst we've ever encountered (we weren't expecting the best by any stretch) and the nightly entertainment seemed to consist of endless audience participation bits (those get old after about the first 5 minutes).
Otherwise this is really one of the very best mid range all inclusive resorts we've been too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located in the southern Baja California peninsula, 4.5 Km/2.8 Miles from Cabo San Lucas * Opened winter 2007/8 * 1-story main building and 3-story and 4-story annexes * On the beachfront * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 3.5 Km/2.2 Miles from downtown Cabo San Lucas * 40 km/25 miles from the airport * 500 m/1650 ft from a bus stop ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, BookIt.com and Despegar.com so you can book your Hotel Riu Santa Fe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Santa Fe Cabo San Lucas
- Riu Santa Fe Los Cabos
- Riu Sante Fe
- Hotel Riu Santa Fe Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos