We stayed at the Riu 2/14 to 2/19. Check in took a bit longer than it should have, but we were in no hurry and they were friendly so we just relaxed with our welcome punch. People who get all fired up about things like waiting a few extra minutes are probably the people who are never satisfied and always complaining about the little things. The hotel is beautiful. Everything is new and very clean. There is always staff wiping, mopping, dusting, etc. everywhere you look. Always smiling with a greeting. Our room was two double beds pushed together for 3 girls. No problem for us, but we said if two couples were sharing a room you might be a little too close! The restaurants have a large selection of food. Not gourmet food by any means, but a person should be able to find a few favorites every meal. The drinks were pretty good too. You can request it the way you want it so if it is not strong enough they will add, or too strong they will fix it. If you are a wine drinker, which I am, don't plan on drinking the wine, it is horrible. There is not a lack of pools chairs which I have found at some resorts wherein people get up at the crack of dawn and save their chairs. There are plenty of chairs here. The beach is not a swimming beach so the pool is where most people are, but they do set up loungers on the beach. The weather during the day was perfect, but it did get chilly at night so bring a wrap or jacket. I stayed at the Riu Palace in Playa last year which was more expensive than the Santa Fe, and must say not all that different besides the specialty restaurants. I'm guessing this has to do with the fact that the Santa Fe is brand new so everything still is in great condition. You get what you pay for here. It is a moderate priced place so I felt like we were very satisfied with what we got.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located in the southern Baja California peninsula, 4.5 Km/2.8 Miles from Cabo San Lucas * Opened winter 2007/8 * 1-story main building and 3-story and 4-story annexes * On the beachfront * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 3.5 Km/2.2 Miles from downtown Cabo San Lucas * 40 km/25 miles from the airport * 500 m/1650 ft from a bus stop ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, RIU Hotels and Resorts, Hotwire, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Riu Santa Fe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Santa Fe Cabo San Lucas
- Riu Santa Fe Los Cabos
- Riu Sante Fe
- Hotel Riu Santa Fe Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos