“Huge Portions! Cool setting.”
Review of Restaurant Daikoku

Restaurant Daikoku
Reserve with OpenTable
Restaurant Daikoku is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #67 of 608 Restaurants in Cabo San Lucas
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We are one of the restaurants of DAIKOKU whch was started in Mexico City 43 years ago. We offer Japanese cuisine which includes sashimi, sushi, soup, hot noodles, freid rice, steak, seafood dishes, teppanyaki. Same day reservation please call directly to the restaurant. Email reservations must be 2 days in advance.
Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

Decided to try this place for lunch and we weren't disappointed. Service was great, food was good with huge portions. The restaurant itself is pretty cool and worth seeing. I would definitely recommend it!

Yoshika S, Owner at Restaurant Daikoku, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2014

Thank you very much for coming to the restaurant. I am very glad you enjoy your lunch. At the same time I really appreciate your comment as a review. It's been a month and a half since we open the restaurant and your comments count a lot. Your opinion is a big support.Thank you once again for visiting us and taking time to write a review. I hope you enjoy the rest of your stay in Los Cabos and hope to see you back.

Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

This is the new best place. Trust me, I'm a local. Price is almost the same range as anywhere else but this surpasses any other restaurant in terms of menu variety, atmosphere and fish quality.

Different sushi places offer different positive things, but if I was you; I would come to this one most of the time instead of the others.

A little bit disappointed on the hamachi roll though.

1  Thank Fernando G
Yoshika S, Owner at Restaurant Daikoku, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2014

Thank you very much for visiting us, Restaurant Daikoku. I am very glad to hear you enjoy our food. However, I apologize for the "hamachi roll". Was the fish bad or the roll itself was not good including the ingredients? If you have time and it does not bother you I would give you my email address, please email me abou the " hamachi roll ". I would like to do something with the situation. Eventhough you gave us a good rating, I would like you to enjoy and be happy with all the food you order and at the same time a good service. Thank you very much once again for visiting us and taking time to write a review. My email address is yoka@daikoku.com.mx. You have a wonderful day!!

Reviewed July 2, 2014

I visited Cabo on vacation in late June of 2014. This place had just opened and when we walked around the marina area, we saw a very inviting decor from the street. A very japanese-esque bridge welcomed you into the restaurant, and walking over the mote of water...myself and my girlfriend were enthralled by the decor. They had outdoor tables that had running water through it, and when you went inside you were immediately mesmerized by the glass floor with the zen-sand-garden underneath. By far, one of the neatest restaurants I've had the pleasure of visiting. The sushi was excellent and the drinks were spot-on. All and all, this was one of the best sushi places I've ever been to.

1  Thank Beau S
Yoshika S, Owner at Restaurant Daikoku, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

Thank you very much for visiting us Restaurant Daikoku. I am very glad to hear you enjoy the atmosphere and the food. The water wheel was hand made in Japan and travel throught the ocean to Los Cabos. In Japan a lot of restaurants use the water wheel for decoration and some of them generate electricity. We opened the restaurant at the end of May, we are very new in Los Cabos. I will keep trying my best to have a good service, food and atmosphere. I hope you enjoy your stay at Los Cabos and hope you visit us again. Thank you very much once again for visiting us and taking time to write a review. I really appreciate your comment.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

I live in Cabo and my husband and i eat out almost weekly. The sushi in this town is so good. But we have been in need of a great Japanese restaurant with a full Japanese menu ( beyond just sushi) Great Selection, great food. I am going back for my 4th time tonight in less than a month. Yes, they need to get better on their service. I dont think it is a lack of desire to serve, it is organization and really understanding the menu. i hope they get that down because this is a great place.

Yoshika S, Owner at Restaurant Daikoku, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

Thank you very much for coming to the restaurant several times. I really appreciate your comment about the service of the restaurant. I do think it is very important to understand the menu and to have all the steps to serve customers in order. I apologize for not being able to have my employers to know the menu completly and not being able to explain and to have an organize service. I will keep trying my best to serve you much, much better and to have a good rating in all the items a good restaurant should have. I am always open to the bad and good comments about my restaurant and I appreciate you very much for taking time to write a review. Thank you once again for coming to the restaurant and hopefully I can improve in the service and the trainning of my emplyers.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

This is a very beautiful and romantic restaurant. Best sushi I have EVER eaten. The wait staff especially Michelle and Oscar were so helpful and gracious. We went twice in one week because they made us feel so welcome and the food is mouth watering.

Yoshika S, Owner at Restaurant Daikoku, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2014

Thank you very much for coming to the restaurant twice a week. I am very happy to see the rating and your review. I am very happy to hear that it is the best sushi you ever had eventhough there are so many wonderful sushi restaurants in LA.I really appreciate your comment about the food and the service. I will tell the waiters and the kitchen about your review. I hope you can visit us again and hope to see you next time. Thank you very much and you have a wonderful day.