To celebrate our wedding anniversary, my wife and I subscribed to an independent's offer to travel to Mexico and check out the Hacienda Encantada resort. Their offer included a 6 day\5 night stay and included almost all food, drinks and activities the resort offered for a pretty low price. We did have to attend a low pressure sales presentation on investing in this property to get the price offered.
Accommodations: Our room was a studio room, ground floor in their phase 2 building. We had a wonderful view looking out towards Cabo San Lucas and over the Sea of Cortez. Our room was very clean. The studio was quite large for lounging in. It also had a nice deck with nice chairs to go outside and relax on. The bathroom was large with a very large shower area, jetted tub and isolated room where the toilet is. In summary...A+ on the studio room at this resort.
Facilities: There were multiple pools that one could use. They are beautiful. Each had a food snack that had the ability to be accessed from the pool. They each had a very nice patio area where games are offered. There also is an area for kids to play that also has some water activities. The lower pools look out over the Sea of Cortez and offer an amazing view especially when the sun is going down in the evening. The resort has free wireless internet which worked extremely well. We used Skype to keep in touch with family...who live all over the world. They have a small store, a nice workout facility and a small spa. We did not use the spa. We did use the work out facility and found that to be quite nice. I would give the facilities an A.
Food: The resort does have one formal restaurant on site. It does have the two patio bars and food shacks during day time hours. The quality of the food is quite good. In five nights of dining at this location, we only had one bad experience. At the restaurant , my wife ordered a Filet Mignon. The piece of meat we received was as tough as my shoe. But all other food was quite yummy. Now having said that the quality is pretty good...the price is quite high. Our dinners that included non-alcoholic drinks, an appetizer and two main entrees averaged around $80 for the two of us. Seemed a bit high. But...the view from their restaurant is quite awesome and you are paying a bit for the location. Food...B+.
Location: Hacienda Encantada is about 7 kilometers away from the downtown\marina area of Cabo San Lucas. The hotel does offer a shuttle into its sister hotel (Marina Fiesta) which sits right on the marina. We rented a car for part of our trip and we were able to use the valet parking at Marina Fiesta when travelling into and exploring Cabo San Lucas. We like the quietness of being away from the downtown area. Much quieter...which is what we wanted. It was a little odd having to take a very undeveloped dirt road from the main highway to get to the resort. But the resort is about two thirds the way complete on a new road that will eliminate this dirt road. It really is no big deal...just odd. We liked the location of this property...we would give it an A.
We enjoyed Hacienda Encantada. I would consider restaying at this site if I ever have the need to return to the San Jose Del Cabo\Cabo San Lucas area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unique and breathtakingly beautiful, this spectacular contemporary hacienda style luxury all-inclusive resort located on the tourist corridor in Cabo San Lucas offers magnificent panoramic views to the Sea of Cortes, romantic settings, distinctive dining, spacious and luxurious accommodations, and a variety of venues for special events. Your will be amazed of the bright, terracotta colored, Mexican hacienda style buildings that are beautifully decorated with handmade Talavera tile murals, vases, classical sculptures, Spanish colonial fountains, contemporary art for contrast, and upscale traditional Mexican furnishing, driving them to experience an authentic Mexican ambiance throughout their stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Groupon, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Hacienda Encantada Resort & Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Encantada Resort And Spa
- Hacienda Encantada Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Hacienda Encantada Resort & Residences Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos