We stayed at the Hacienda Encantada Resort the first week of Dec. 2008. This is a gorgeous new resort right on the Sea of Cortez with great views of the ocean and Land's End. The rooms are large and well furnished, all rooms have a balcony overlooking the ocean(or a patio). All rooms have at least a kitchenette or full kitchen that is fully equipped.
The past couple of reviews have been very accurate in their description and positive remarks about this resort. I would like to answer some of the negative comments posted just awhile back.
When you arrive at the airport you are attacked by a multitude of time share people - these folks are not from any particular resort - they represent every resort in Los Cabos. The best approach is to pre book your transfers online and just walk past all these folks - ignore them. Once at this resort, our check in was very fast and easy (maybe 5 mins. ). Yes, they will then send you to the timeshare desk - just say OK to the presentation - you'll get lot's of free stuff and they will not bother you again for the remainder of your stay. We stayed in phase 2, our studio room was fully furnished with nothing missing, the balcony was very large with a table, 2 chairs, and a great lounge; all the furnishings were first class. The staff was great, friendly, and all could speak English without a problem. The pool in front of phase 2 is open and even has it's own bar, it was not at all crowded. The beach in front of the resort has no swimming, there is no swimming in front of almost all of the resorts in Cabo, the undertow is too strong for safety.
The resort provides a shuttle into town (maybe 5 miles), it is free for owners and $5. pp for non owners, it runs every 2 hours from 8am until 8:30pm. You can take a taxis for $20. flat - so for a group of 4, it would also be $5. pp. Taxis fees are all listed in the front of the resort. The shuttle to the airport is $13. pp (about 25 miles) and very easy to reserve with no problems.
Some of the prices mentioned by some previous posters are inaccurate, they have to be confusing US dollars with pesos, the Mexican peso does have a $ sign in front of the amount. The mention of a dish washing charge is ridiculous - maid service is provided every day at no additional charge unless you want to tip on your own - no envelope or added service fee.
The only problem is that this resort is still under construction and will be for several more years. There is some noise and dust from the construction areas.
We had a great trip and I believe you will also at this resort - If you have any specific questions - please feel free to email me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unique and breathtakingly beautiful, this spectacular Contemporary Hacienda style Luxury All Inclusive resort located on the Tourist Corridor in Cabo San Lucas offers magnificent panoramic views to the Sea of Cortes, romantic settings, distinctive dining, spacious and luxurious accommodations, and a variety of venues for special events. Your will be amazed of the bright, terracotta colored, Mexican Hacienda style buildings that are beautifully decorated with handmade Talavera tile murals, vases, classical sculptures, Spanish colonial fountains, contemporary art for contrast, and upscale traditional Mexican furnishing, driving them to experience an authentic Mexican ambiance throughout their stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hacienda Encantada Resort & Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Encantada Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Hacienda Encantada Resort And Spa
- Hacienda Encantada Resort & Residences Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos