“Best property in Cabo.”

Hacienda Encantada Resort & Residences
Ranked #20 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed February 3, 2014

The beginning of our stay started out as a 2 star experience. It appeared the "All Inclusive" guests were treated differently as the day went on, and not in a good way. Luckily on the second day I was out by the middle pool and "Alberto the Incredible" (Alberto Melendrez) showed us what 5 star service was really like. He single handed turned our trip into a vacation of a lifetime. If we were at one of the other 6 pools and did not like the service then we knew we could go to Alberto's pool and get everything we needed. It always came with a huge gracious smile and most of the time a funny joke or witty comment. Thank you Alberto.

Other than that; the food was good, the views were nothing short of amazingly spectacular (every morning the first thing i saw within 30 seconds of looking into the water was whales and dolphins), and of course you are always gonna run into that couple who thought they were going to a quiet oasis like the peace and quiet you can find in St. Lucia so they are mad at everything and everyone.

There are plenty of activities so when you get to the airport, get the timeshare selling people to schedule you a tour at the Hacienda Encantada. The 2.5 hour tour and meal is definitely worth getting free excursions with dolphins etc. Make sure you get the dudes at the airport to put it in writing on the form they give you.

Happy Travels! Don't forget to tip the crap out of Alberto!!!

Room Tip: The one bedroom is worth the upgrade.
2  Thank JerseySweater
Write a ReviewReviews (3,245)

Reviewed February 2, 2014

We loved our time at this resort. Exceptionally friendly, caring service - including Alberto, Samuel, Antonio and Pablo at the bars/poolside restaurants; Christina (hostess) and Gaylord (waiter) at the hilltop restaurant; Marisol and Patricia in the lobby; the two Maria's in the Spa; and the kind drivers and room cleaners, whose names we did not always catch. I loved being able to work out each morning, but of course the true glory lay in the scenery, the pools, the courtesy of everyone, the comfort and cleanliness of the rooms, and the cheerful, efficient transport service to and from the resort. Security was excellent and honestly, it was one of the most luxurious times my husband and I have been able to enjoy in many years. The proximity of both adult and family friendly activities was great, and even our cab driver, Sergio, took the extra time to share information about San Jose and the surfer tournament. Thank you for a lovely vacation.

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice, but if scenery and the sound of the waves is important to you, you will want...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Hacienda Encantada is a beautiful resort, with great friendly staff, but beware if you are expecting to relax at an all-inclusive resort. As of 2014, this resort no longer operates as a hotel, but a private residence club. After check in you are directed to another person for your "activites and information packet" to have someone pressure you to attend a 90 minute presentation. After being hounded as soon as you get off the plane to attend a presentation, this is the last thing you want when you get to the hotel.

3  Thank Lori R
HaciendaEncantada, Guest Relations Manager at Hacienda Encantada Resort & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Thanks for your visit and thank you for taking the time to write a comment. We regret that the timeshare team made your trip so unpleasant. We will do everything to prevent this from happening again. To us, you are #1, and we really hope to have you back soon, and let us provide you with a much better experience!

Reviewed January 30, 2014

Wow! That's my response to this beautiful resort! Hacienda Encantada was wonderful and beautiful! I loved the location because it was away from all the hustle and bustle and was so relaxing and peaceful. The resort offered shuttle to go to town so it was convenient. The service was excellent! I was treated like a queen, I couldn't walk from buffet to table without being helped with my plate. It was amazing! The food was excellent at all restaurants. Plus, they had sushi! The scenery was absolutely beautiful! Everyone at the resort spoke english so it was easy to communicate with staff.

Room Tip: The back of our room faced the ocean so it was nice having a view from our balcany.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank missy149

Thank you for all your kind comments. We are happy to read that we were able to fill all your expectations on your anniversary. We hope that you will make us part of another special date soon, or on the near future!

Reviewed January 30, 2014

We had our family vacation at Hacienda Encantada last Dec. and the year before. We tried the all inclusive plan on our first visit, and liked the convenience of it. But we also enjoyed the flexibility of not having a plan the second time. The friendly awesome staff, the beautiful surroundings, and awesome view of the sea and Land's End made our stay memorable. We thanked Lenin Melendrez and Luis Flores for being instrumental in making our vacation so wonderful. We look forward to going back to Hacienda Encantada, home away from home!

Room Tip: We requested to have a room facing the sea as we loved waking up to the view of the sea and sleep wi...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your warm words, and hopefully it won’t only be 2 times, but many times more that you will choose to visit this beautiful paradise! .Greetings to everyone!. Thank you very much for your feedback. See you soon!!!

Reviewed January 29, 2014

Dear Fellow Travelers,
My wife and I booked this all-inclusive last September for a 12 day stay in Jan.2014. I can't tell you how upset I am to read some of these reviews. First of all, the location of this Resort is just outstanding. Off to your right at just about any location on the grounds is the famous Lands End Rock Formation. The craggy beach and rock formation is stunning. Secondly, the employees were extremely helpful and couldn't do enough to make our stay pleasant. From Luis, the concierge to Esmeralda in the Las Marias Restaurant, everyone made us feel special and very welcome. However, as with any place one visits, people will react to you the way you are treating them. We saw people at this resort who felt very entitled and were very demanding. Nothing could please them. Remember, you are a guest in a foreign country and things aren't done everywhere the way we are used to. If you want to bring your lifestyle with you then vacation close to home. Thirdly, we opted for the all inclusive and overall, enjoyed the food and beverages very much. If you wanted lobster or lamb there was an additional charge. Our waiters were quick to point out what was not included in the all inclusive. Guests could always ask the waiters if an item was included and many menus listed this information. Fourth, we have very high marks for the housekeeping staff. They were very attentive and kept our unit very neat and clean. We found NO employees to be rude or disrespectful. If they couldn't help you it was because of communications and nothing else. Finally, there is a big push to sell timeshares here and some misinformation around that. I am not a fan of timeshares however, I listened to the presentation and told them that I was not interested and that was the end of that. They didn't contact us any more about timeshares. I want to thank the many employees that made our stay so memorable: Ocsar in Reservations, Luis in Concierage, Renee, Esmeralda, Juan and Daniel Munioz in the Restaurants. At poolside I would like to thank Antonio, Juan, Pablo and all the cooks and waiters for their great service. We can't wait to return to Hacienda Encantada !

Room Tip: If you can, select the level 4 and 5 rooms.
10  Thank Arthur901
Reviewed January 26, 2014

I've never been so torn in writing a review for a resort. The many, many positives outweigh the few minor negatives in my mind, but the negatives still exist. We stayed from January 8th through the 18th. There were four of us staying in two master suites. First off the pros.

The rooms are massive. I actually got lost in the dark in the bathroom the first night. I did not want to wake my wife and spent several minutes trying to find the toilet. Funny now, not so funny at 3 am. The rooms are well stocked with everything you need and our fifth floor views were outstanding. The pools were great as well. The best way to watch the playoffs is in an infinity pool with a rum and coke and the sun on your back. Trust me. Moises, thank you for your great service. The people here are truly great. Lorenso, Armonda, Sergio, Victor and many others took great care of us. As did housekeeping. I truly wish I could personally thank everyone. The grounds are immaculate and lots of folks we never met took care of them 24 hours a day. The food was good to great depending on your taste. None of us had any trouble finding something we liked. Not everything was perfect, but you try new things and you don't always like them. It is part of the fun of visiting another country. You do get pampered here. From towels at the pool, to the servers, to the wonderful gentlemen in the golf carts. This is a great fun group that I enjoyed meeting.

Now the parts I found troubling. We tip very well as a group. At dinner nightly, we tipped well enough that folks smiled and shook our hands on sight. Until about three days before we left. At dinner that night, some gentlemen who appeared to be investors showed up. From the moment they sat, no one else in the restaurant exists. All of two other tables. My appetizer never showed, our nightly basket of wonderful bread did not appear, my brothers dinner came 20 minutes after the rest of ours, all of our food was ice cold, the round of drinks I ordered came after dinner was over. It was so bad that I wanted to ask what we had done wrong. Then I looked over at the investors. Food was timed wonderfully, multiple bottles of wine brought, personally attended by the restaurant and the resort manager. I understand that they are expanding and need money, but I decided I'd rather pay for dinner in town than eat here again and be treated poorly. The next night our "bill" arrived. $1800 us per room and we were on the all inclusive. Needless to say our wives were upset and my brother and I had to go straighten it out. Not a big deal, but our final bill at check out was a different amount again. Just let me pay as I go so no one is surprised and there are no questions. I still am not certain we were charged correctly.

This is why I am torn. This is a great place, but I felt like they were always trying to nickel and dime me. I loved seeing whales from the balcony, the little crabs on the beach, the great folks on the staff, and many other things. I just don't trust their management. They were not particularly nice to their people and truly did not care about us one bit. I would love to tell you we will be back, but I don't believe we will.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
8  Thank Fleeswinter
HaciendaEncantada, Guest Relations Manager at Hacienda Encantada Resort & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Thanks for writing a review, it is these that help us improve our service. We regret that your experience was not satisfactory at 100% and we hope that you will give us another chance to make it better! We’ll love to see you back again here at Hacienda Encantada and offer you the best service! Customer satisfaction is our #1 goal!