“Absolute Paradise !”

Hacienda Encantada Resort & Residences
Ranked #21 of 73 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Most resorts now look lovely from the outside, but on the inside it is a busy mess. You get treated like cattle in the herd. Not here, thank you Hacienda Resort for putting meaning back into GETAWAY!!

I travel way too often so anything that is a little off the grid is refreshing and exciting!

Most rooms are okay but so TYPICAL...boring!! The rooms at Hacienda are insanely detailed, and authentic. Props to the decorator because this place is gorgeous both inside and out! I could not get enough of eye-balling all the intricate details and work that went into making this place special. I personally have never been so impressed by the TASTE of a hotel or resort. Usually I say words like "nice, and pretty" when referring to the atmosphere a hotel provides. Here I found myself thinking and saying "WOW, that is original, very extravagant". My eye kept jumping around each room to the next lavish thing that I would spot. Obviously I love decor...surrounded by very elaborate and authentic detailing. Simply put, it was a LUXURY boutique.

Typically staff seems to be overworked and have to rush to make their quota of cleaned rooms as they rush by you in the narrow hallways. Here you TRULY feel like a pampered guest and aperson. The staff very personable and pleasant. Not the type that you know are complaining about you as you turn the corner.

The food here is the only thing that nothing really stands out, but it was good. On the other hand, there were no incredibly long waits for the food service,waiting for the elevators...or fighting for poolside space.

The staff to guest ratio was low, but I found it less invasive and relaxing. believe it or not I don't need someone to wipe the counter after I leave a water ring. I like feeling capable. The staff did do their job perfectly. The beds were fluffed, and the room was serviced.

So if you want to avoid being amongst busloads upon busloads of families and tourists the I highly recommend checking this out. It may change your views of relaxing on vacation. Otherwise, enjoy the resort with the ikea furnishings, zombified service staff and 1000 screaming misbehaved kids infiltrating the pool area...

You can see the multitudes of buses in the parking lot. It only adds to the unorganized food lines and elevator waits.
I loved it and I don't know there are better places to stay anywhere close to Cabo. My recommendation to you!.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Shannon B
HaciendaEncantada, Guest Relations Manager at Hacienda Encantada Resort & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Thank you very much for those sweet words .... They motivate us to keep working. The want to see you again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,455)

Reviewed June 10, 2013

My husband and I were just recently married at Hacienda Encantada. He wrote a review about the resort and how wonderful everyone was which was absolutely true! I wanted to share a bit about the wedding planning experience for anyone else planning at the resort.

I was extremely nerve wracking planning my wedding from San Diego in Cabo. Edith got in touch with me and coordinated all the vendors for me: photographer, florist, minister, music. My package included almost everything I wanted so simple upgrades to more music, more flowers, etc, were incredibly easy. I was very easily able to discuss what I did/did not want with them. I was able to make last minute changes and requests which Edith was able to handle with no problems. She was able to address all my questions and concerns and made sure my husband and I had a fantastic time with no worries during the week we spent there.

While at the resort, all the staff knew who we were and went out of our way to make sure we were treated like King/Queen (which was totally unnecessary!) It seemed as though the staff was as excited for our wedding as we were! The day of the wedding, the resort was able to have all my bridesmaids hair done in our room allowing us to get ready together and spend time with one another. Even up to the ceremony, Patty, Edith's assistant, let me use her lip gloss when my lipstick had worn off! Everyone wanted the wedding to be as wonderful as I did!

Long story longer, the wedding went off without a hitch, better than I could have expected. Everyone asked me if anything happened (drama, mistakes, etc.) and I responded with "if there was, I didn't know about it," which is exactly how a bride should be on her wedding day.

Last few shout-outs: Rigoberto was amazing, he took amazing care of my husband and I, he made anything and everything happen for us and our guests. Paul was hilarious "yo hablo hola, tu hables adios, adios adios adios!" Edith and Patty were so patient with me and did a beautiful job coordinating all the pieces of the wedding.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 9, 2013

On the whole, the Hacienda Encantada Resort & Spa is a nice place to decompress and relax. The hotel is situated on a hillside next to the ocean between San Jose del Cabo and Cabo San Lucas (closer to CSL) on a long road from the main corridor connecting the two towns (read, it is a good 10-15 minute walk if you want to take the local bus). The property is nicely designed blending the stylings of a mexican hacienda with modern conveniences. The main restaurants are perched on the side of a small cliff providing magnificent views of the ocean, CSL and the arch. The main beachside infinity pools are not large, but also provide great views of the ocean (which is not for swimming in this area given the number of rocks and undertow). There are nice comfortable lounge chairs overlooking the ocean and pool that never seemed to be lacking when we were there.

We stayed at a studio junior suite which was roomy by US standards. The bathroom was huge and clean with a jetted tub, separate shower, commode and sink areas. The balcony was the size of a small room too with a nice concrete bench/couch and two chairs. The room had a small kitchen with microwave and full-size refrigerator that was stocked with water, coffee, and sodas.

We opted for the all-inclusive knowing that we didn't want to have to worry about where to eat, didn't want to make our own food, and knowing that we didn't want to have to go to either San Jose del Cabo or CSL for food. Overall, it was worth the money given the hotel restaurants and good to high-end restaurants in the two towns are the same prices as US restaurants on average. The food in each restaurant was overall good with some very good meals, some just ok, and one not so good. Each restaurant has Mexican food available (you may laugh, but we stayed once before at an all-inclusive here called Dreams where there was no Mexican food to be found), so this was very welcomed. We appreciated the Mexican, steak and some of the fish options but found the Italian-themed night to be the one variation very underwhelming. Non-alcoholic and alcoholic drinks are included with even name brands such as Bacardi, Jose Cuervo, Kahlua, and Midori available. However, be aware that if you ask for a name brand, it may not be served to you unless you watch over the bartenders as they sometimes neglected to give us the name requested. Whether that was by habit or design, we don't know. Overall the wait staff was very kind, and very attentive. They were helpful and always friendly even when rushed.

One warning - unless you enjoy timeshare presentations, stay clear of this bit!!! We opted to go to the 90-minute presentation as we thought getting a $150 credit towards the spa would be worth it---it wasn't. We went to the "Private Residence Club" presentation full knowing that we would never buy a timeshare hearing nothing but horror stories or disappointment from others (call it what is really is as renaming it doesn't change the stigma of it!). Our sales rep Carla was very nice and convincing as we at one point really did consider for a second that it was a good value. Luckily our common sense prevailed and we didn't buy in. What was most disappointing was the assertion that this would not be your typical time share presentation where we would be passed on to 3 people including the good guy, bad guy and closer. It was nothing but as we were passed on to others just disguised as folks taking a survey or to print our vouchers. At the end, we were led up to a small office and faced with a guy named Jerry who was very rude to say the least. He told me that my posture sucked, asked if I "tapped that" pointing to my partner, and said he would send a sex tape of him to our home so we could view it, though it would be very short (joke?). Seriously?! Because we choose not to buy, you resort to making rude comments. Buyer beware because if these are the tactics they take, who knows what will happen once they have your money. Just look on this site alone for other "owner" issues.

If you are set to buy, check out the resale market instead. For example, we were offered a studio for two weeks a year for 30 years (not life time) with $550 in annual maintenance fees that can go up between 2 and 5 percent per year and an unknown "refurbishment" bill every 5 years on average for $16,500 is not a good deal. We figured out that the maintenance fee at an average increase of 2.5%/yr would equate to a fee of almost $1,000/yr at year 25 while a 5% increase/yr would equate to almost $1800/yr. In total for 30 years, the maintenance fees would be over $24,000 and $36,000, respectively. On reselling sites, you can get the same offer at a third of the cost. You do the math.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank justkappa
HaciendaEncantada, Guest Relations Manager at Hacienda Encantada Resort & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Thank you very much for your comments. We hope to return very soon with your friends or your family. The timeshare comments will be delivered to the CEO. Greetings.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

We have owned at Hacienda Encantada since 2006. It is truly outstanding in every way, from the rooms to the food to the staff, but the most impressive are the views of Land's End coupled with the crashing waves over the rocks just beyoud the rooms and pools. The spray sometimes reaches 30 feet in height.

The staff is exceptional, and many have been there for years. We know their names and they know ours when we arrive. Martha C. at the Patio Restaurant and Pool Bar and Paul Lopez from Bell Boys are particularly wonderful.

If you plan to visit Cabo San Lucas, strongly consider Hacienda Encantada!

Room Tip: Buildings A and B offer the best Land's End and Sea of Cortez views
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Perry S
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Love Cabo, but hate being harassed by the vendors and time share pitches downtown, Hacienda Encantada is the place to be. A few minutes to and back from town on their shuttle is always available too.
From Fernan the Activities Director to Armando the Food and Beverage Manager to all the staff. You are always greeted with a smile and asked if they can assist you or make things better. The Bellboys service is on top of it as well. All very friendly, playful at times, but always professional.
Already looking forward to returning next year.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WAYNE_Tigard_Oregon

Thanks for your words, we are so sorry about the timeshare, Armando and Fernan also say hi, hope to see you back soon

Reviewed June 6, 2013

I went on my first trip to Cabo four years ago. I was staying at a rather nice timeshare in Cabo. However, while the atmosphere of downtown Cabo is a fun place to visit (for an afternoon or evening) I decided that I did not want to spend my whole vacation there! My traveling companion and I had signed up for a timeshare breakfast at the airport for Hacienda Encantada, and I was dreading that appointment. However, the presentation was very low-key, and the resort was breathtaking! Admittedly, I am in the middle-ages of my life, but here was a very beautiful, fun, family-oriented vacation spot. I could choose when to party, and when to rest. We jointly purchased a week, and we have been back every year. For my last birthday, I brought my entire family, and it was the most memorable, funnest, and most satisfying vacation that we ever had as a family.

The shuttle drivers were always there, curteous, and they staged an "impromptu" performance of a Michael Jackson routine for me on the occasion of my birthday. Everyone I have ever encountered there has been so entirely welcoming and helpful. This is especially true of Fernan, the activities coordinator. He works very hard, is always smiling, always remembers peoples names, has a joke and a great story to tell, and clearly loves people (and his job). I don't think this resort would be the same without Fernan, to be honest.

Renting a car is affordable and made very easy right from the hotel. There is a Costco, and a local market (Mega Market) so you can shop and prepare food in your own extremely well appointed kitchen. If you eat the local produce (best avacados and limes) and local food (the eggs are farm fresh, always) great coffee, etc. you can eat on dollars a day. I love having that option, and for a family it is a great $$ saver.

The pools and views are outrageous. I always meet great people from all over the world when I stay there. In fact, typing this review is making me year for my next visit in October.

I really have no bad comments to make. The hotel is clean, fun, and quiet when you need it to be. Excellent!!

Room Tip: Try to get booked into Unit 1 with ocean views.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 6, 2013

FIrst off this review is long overdue. My wife and I got married at Hacienda Encantada the week of April 14th-21st. We searched all over Cabo 6 months before and decided that this was the place for our wedding. You can imagine that it is somewhat nerve-racking bringing roughly 60 people to a location in Mexico. All is I can say looking back at it was it was nothing short of amazing! First off Edith our wedding coordinator handled everything leading up to the day with perfection. It is a amazing setting where we were married. My niece had a birthday that week and Edith arranged everything which she probably didn't have to do. I'm pretty sure she made the pinata for the party herself. The next people I want to thank is the bellman/drivers. Paul and Ignacio really helped with all the needs of my friends and family. Really all around good guys. The man that took care of us the whole week was Rigoberto. He really made me and my wife feel comfortable in what can be a stressful week. He handled everything at the parties/reception that we had for our guest. These parties/reception we a hit, and I do not think it would have came together so well without Rigoberto and his staff handling everything. He is just a outstanding person in general. I would say the resort is a very nice place to have a destination wedding. What takes this place over the top is the staff. I am sure I left out some people. It was a great week and I am so glad that I had my wedding here so I could meet these people and have them help and share in a week that really is one I will always remember.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Travis O
HaciendaEncantada, Guest Relations Manager at Hacienda Encantada Resort & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

It was a pleasure being part of a dream come true and making that special moment unforgettable. It was wonderful helping with the wedding and the birthday, it´s great you like the piñata. We´ll be waiting for you on your next visit... and why not... maybe to celebrate your annivesary?