Most resorts now look lovely from the outside, but on the inside it is a busy mess. You get treated like cattle in the herd. Not here, thank you Hacienda Resort for putting meaning back into GETAWAY!!
I travel way too often so anything that is a little off the grid is refreshing and exciting!
Most rooms are okay but so TYPICAL...boring!! The rooms at Hacienda are insanely detailed, and authentic. Props to the decorator because this place is gorgeous both inside and out! I could not get enough of eye-balling all the intricate details and work that went into making this place special. I personally have never been so impressed by the TASTE of a hotel or resort. Usually I say words like "nice, and pretty" when referring to the atmosphere a hotel provides. Here I found myself thinking and saying "WOW, that is original, very extravagant". My eye kept jumping around each room to the next lavish thing that I would spot. Obviously I love decor...surrounded by very elaborate and authentic detailing. Simply put, it was a LUXURY boutique.
Typically staff seems to be overworked and have to rush to make their quota of cleaned rooms as they rush by you in the narrow hallways. Here you TRULY feel like a pampered guest and aperson. The staff very personable and pleasant. Not the type that you know are complaining about you as you turn the corner.
The food here is the only thing that nothing really stands out, but it was good. On the other hand, there were no incredibly long waits for the food service,waiting for the elevators...or fighting for poolside space.
The staff to guest ratio was low, but I found it less invasive and relaxing. believe it or not I don't need someone to wipe the counter after I leave a water ring. I like feeling capable. The staff did do their job perfectly. The beds were fluffed, and the room was serviced.
So if you want to avoid being amongst busloads upon busloads of families and tourists the I highly recommend checking this out. It may change your views of relaxing on vacation. Otherwise, enjoy the resort with the ikea furnishings, zombified service staff and 1000 screaming misbehaved kids infiltrating the pool area...
You can see the multitudes of buses in the parking lot. It only adds to the unorganized food lines and elevator waits.
I loved it and I don't know there are better places to stay anywhere close to Cabo. My recommendation to you!.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unique and breathtakingly beautiful, this spectacular contemporary hacienda style luxury all-inclusive resort located on the tourist corridor in Cabo San Lucas offers magnificent panoramic views to the Sea of Cortes, romantic settings, distinctive dining, spacious and luxurious accommodations, and a variety of venues for special events. Your will be amazed of the bright, terracotta colored, Mexican hacienda style buildings that are beautifully decorated with handmade Talavera tile murals, vases, classical sculptures, Spanish colonial fountains, contemporary art for contrast, and upscale traditional Mexican furnishing, driving them to experience an authentic Mexican ambiance throughout their stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hacienda Encantada Resort & Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Encantada Resort And Spa
- Hacienda Encantada Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Hacienda Encantada Resort & Residences Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos