“Our Cabo Home” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 69 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
clifton.nj
“Our Cabo Home”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I bought at this resort 5 years ago & came back this year for the first time. I hoped that it was completed (all three phases) but still has one to go. I was a little disappointed that phase 1 still had old TV's & it was getting a little worn. As an owner, every five years I pay a DOUBLE MAINTAINENCE so I expected a little updating. After the first day these things were minor because the resort is still beautiful. the Pools are beautiful & rooms spacious. Service is good & had no problem checking in or getting a late check out. The food at the pool bar & gourmet restaurant is good. At the end of the week I hated to leave. Make sure if you buy get everything in writting. I'll go back, just not every year.

Room Tip: Phase 1, second floor or higher has best view.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank odeem

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (604)
  • Polish first
Walnut Creek CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

The rooms are very high end, it is nice getting to the room and going wow. Then you go to the pools, another wow. The service from the employees another wow. Went to Las Marias restaurant, food, view, and the price wow again. We had quite a few dinners in town during our stay at the many recommended restaurants. Las Marias food was better, view probably the best we have ever experienced. I have added a photo of the view Still could not get over how inexpensive for so many courses and great location. I guess all I can say is WOW.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor room
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank FunAndSunVacation
fremont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Just spent another week here. They have much improved their internet which makes it so much easier for us to stay in touch with our offices.

Had dinner at Las Marias, fabulous view, great service and food. Excellent value.

Looking forward to returning in a month with our family.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank gracieu
DENVER
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Had a different room each year. They were all great with a beautiful view of the sea thru the patio doors. The interiors are all very spacious and luxurious. The two pools are beautiful and very well maintained. If you want to get a good spot at the infinity pool, get there early in morning. It would be nice to have more shade available in the form of additional umbrellas at both pools.

We were pleased with the improvements we found this year. The check-in process was streamlined and very efficient. The dinner menu at Las Marias restaurant has been improved. We had dinner there our first night. Sunday was grill night and all our dishes were very nice. Usually this is where we have breakfast and we are always pleased with what they serve. Antonio is there in the mornings making sure that the guests have a good experience and always takes very good care of us. A sushi bar along with the entertainment for several nights during the week at the tequila bar was another pleasant new addition.

Something that has fortunately remained largely the same, is the menu and food at the patio restaurant (next to the infinity pool). We like eating lunch there and always find it enjoyable. The staff there, especially Susy, are terrific. We were also happy to discover that they are open an hour later in the afternoon.

I look forward to returning.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank bighohnhere
Norman, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Our son got married at the resort overlooking the Sea of Cortez at sunset. Staff were all marvelous and went out of their way to make this a wonderful event for our entire party. Great food and drink at every meal. Edith the wedding planner had everything so well organized and every event went off like clock work. Fernan, the activities director makes sure there is never a dull moment. A wonderful vacation! We will be back next year. The view is stunning from sunrise to sunset.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms. Everyone is an ocean view. The hotel is built on the side of a mountain.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Monroe, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Upon arrival, the bell hops create the first impression which is fantastic. These guys earn their money and more. The second stop at the resort is check in. That's when you back up and say, I didn't plan on a hassle! That is what the front desk is. It is not the employee's fault as I am sure it is management policy. Having read the reviews about this, I was prepared. Our trip was a gift and we were promised an ocean front/or view room. We were told that was not available and the only room available was a garden view. She insulted me by stating that their property was ocean front/view and then I showed her my confirmation and told her that was not acceptable. We had traveled over 4,000 miles and were not willing to settle for less. With some persistence, the she finally acknowledged she had a room on the third floor overlooking the Sea. We graciously accepted it and went on our way. We were given an information booklet about the place, but it wasn't until the second day we were able to get a map. Don't leave the front desk without it. They boast numerous restaurants, but actually, they change the menu and the restaurant name during the week so it looks like there are more restaurants than there really are. The food was mediocre at best. Actually, we found the bar food better than the restaurant food. One of the higher end restaurants requires reservations which we made for a Friday evening. We were the only customers in the restaurant, inside and out and found the food here less tastier than the one next door. Desserts at all restaurants are the same and taste like they come from a box. Drinks are fine, didn't seem the skimp on the alcohol. The rooms are spotless and the golf cart drivers are there within two minutes of when you call to take you any place on the resort you wish to go. There was a little noise above us that kept my husband awake, but it didn't bother me. The view is fantastic, but you cannot walk the beach within the property. The property is gated and they offer a free shuttle to/from the marina which feels like all the tourist traps at most island ports. The only shop at the resort is a little convenience shop to pick up necessities and snacks. The pools are beautiful, but the most magnificent thing about it is the climate. While our trip was free and it was beautiful, I believe there may be better choices. Plan for cool evenings. The outdoor restaurant actually provides blankets when needed.

Room Tip: Get a room on the top floor, then they'll be no noise above you and the view will be better.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Noisettiana
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

In a last minute desperate arrangement due to a shipwreck of my friend's yacht off the coast of Mexico, I ended up staying here instead of sailing around Mexico... for almost 2 weeks in 2 different rooms. I was so bummed out but.. Hacienda was the best last minute solution I could have booked. There are two buildings (plus new construction on the way) and newer complex is further from beach but way nicer interior, extremely tasteful sophisticated Mexican interior design, gorgeous patio, stunning sunrise & sunset views from the upper floor and toward the end of the building row. Front property in older part is reserved for Owners only. Stayed there one week as well, absolutely fantastic view but interior is not as opulent and new as Phase 2. To be honest, these rooms should be of the quality of Phase 2, but you sacrifice this for falling asleep to the sound of the waves and of course ... you have killer views from the patio because you're right on the ocean with only the endless pool between you and the water. Loved to relax by the cliffs overlooking the dramatic rocks, waves and of course, Lover's Arch from a distance. We did not spend much time in the other pool between the buildings, albeit beautiful, but no comparison to the scene that unfolds from the endless pool on the cliffs. I HIGHLY recommend all-inclusive. I had my lunch in the comfortable beach lounges every day, room service...all service was prompt and frequent, unlimited alcoholic bevs (they make grrreat drinks at the pool bar ;)) and whale watching. Restaurant up on the rock offers magnificent views over the Sea of Cortez, we always sat at the very end to have breakfast for the most brilliant view, breakfast was also very tasty, everyone served with a smile and attentiveness, waiting staff was magnificent. Only person I remember negatively was the Omelette lady who never cracked a smile. I don't understand why people criticize the all-inclusive thing. I was glad we booked it... worth every penny. One thing: I don't eat much meat but my friend who ordered Steaks, complained they were never done right, so make sure you get that sorted out before finishing the order. At one point I had one issue with an overcharge of the rental car company on site (read careful before you sign) but the Manager of the property himself sorted the issue out and made sure charges were removed prior check out. Thank goodness, because the Rental Car Agent was a jerk and refused to help. Can't recommed this car company. All in all I had a brilliant vaca here and if you are unable to enjoy this marvelous place, I don't know what can make you happy. I travel quite a bit ( see my other reviews) and would like to think I am capable of differentiating between a good and bad deal. Hacienda Encantada in my opinion offers a great upscale product, outstanding service and good food for what you pay. It's not the Ritz but regardless, I enjoyed every minute of my stay. The Hacienda sister property in downtown Cabo - Marina Fiesta - did not have the sophistication you will encounter here (actually ... when we visited the pool area there while waiting for the hotel shuttle I felt some weird vibes from seemingly very lonely middle-aged US tourists, yuk...lol). I was soooo glad to have booked outside town. We rented a Jeep to explore and made it to Todo Santos' Hotel California et al. Definitely worth it. Booked boat tours and did the Marina thing, but were sooo glad to be back at Hacienda every time we returned. Tip: if you like photography -walk down to the rock beach at sunrise or sunset. Incredible photo ops, beautiful display of colors, movement of the water and texture of the rocks. Another Tip: book AP/Hotel transfer ahead, hotel will arrange contact,.. if you want to spend the extra few hundred bucks get a private town car for a 20 min transfer go ahead, but the shuttle will stop most likely first at Hacienda because it is one of the first hotels on the way ... ... when you exit Airport walk STRAIGHT through the lounge to avoid the timeshare hawks. They will tell you they are your transport company, but they are not. All drivers are OUTside, make sure you request a sign with your name. These timeshare sharks are swift and smooth and will try anything to get you onto a tour. If they don't have your name on their list, then don't talk to them, move on steadfast and don't waste your time. I read the timeshare staff at Hacienda was putting too much pressure to get people on tours at the hotel during check-in, but I can't say I experienced that.. maybe because I am from Dubai, basically Middle East, and it 's too far from Mexico to travel to regularly... they may not have attempted to be more aggressive , but I can honestly say, I was not bothered nor pressured at any given time to attend a presentation.

Room Tip: Phase One: older rooms, could use some help, but magnificent views and the sound of the ocean. If in...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends