“Great stay!!”

Ranked #20 of 70 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great stay!!”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Just returned home from a 5 day stay. We stayed in phase 2, top floor... Suite. It was clean. Spacious. Great views. We were all-inclusive and felt it was worth it. The breakfast buffet was great. (omelet station). The poolside lunches were perfect for us. Get to the infinity area early and grab a sunchair.. They are very relaxing and comfy!!

Ana is a waitress there... Very attentive. Ignacio the bartender there is super.
We ate at both restaurants and they were fine. Had a very good salmon meal in the nicer restaurant where we were served by Javier. He's wonderful. Ask for him if you can.

We knew when Gil took us to our room upon arrival that we would be happy. Oscar was very kind to cart us around to different locations.

Hold then to the complimentary shuttle in town. They charged us... But after we alerted them we were all-inclusive, they were very speedy to take that charge off.

Whale watching was amazing.
We will return.

Thank you for a fabulous 15 year anniversary trip!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in 5267. Great room!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank funinNYC60898
HaciendaEncantada, Guest Relations Manager at Hacienda Encantada Resort & Residences, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Thanks for your comments and we hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (827)
  • Polish first
Fairfield, California
Reviewed February 14, 2013

We are disappointed owners who bought a pre-construction presidential suite. Our first stay was in a front unit only to be told if we didn't pay an additional amount we would not be able to stay in the front units from now on,these were now changing to fixed week rooms. We happened to be there in February which is not the time we always come to Cabo.

We have stayed several times since the sales pitch to fix our week and have had to fight to get a decent location within the back buildings. The last two stays have been in Bldg F which is the worst bldg with least ocean view. It actually faces the outdoor restaurants. The room we were given is next to the rooms they use for sales and this year the cleaning crew came in to clean at 6 am pushing chairs etc. When a complaint was made we were told the room needs to be ready by 8am daily.

Our overall feeling is once you have bought they really don't care about anything you have to say or feel. It is a disappointment because this is not what we signed up for.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank Cheryl M
We are sorry about your comments, we would like to fix it, could you please send your info to abriseno@mexicograndhotel.com
Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed February 9, 2013

If you are thinking about exchanging through Interval International this will be very helpful for you. If you are traveling with a baby this will also be helpful for you, but scroll down. We own two timeshares through Interval International/Royal Resorts (Royal Sands and Royal Haciendas). If you are familiar with these places, then this should be very helpful for you. First off, the rooms. The rooms are nice, and if you haven't stayed at a Royal Resort the room would probably be just fine. However, the rooms here have NO DISHWASHER and NO OVENS. If you enjoy washing your own dishes, this place is for you. While speaking about that, bring your own dish soap because theirs is nasty (you won't want to wash a baby bottle with it). Next, happy hour. If you are familiar with other Royal Resorts there is usually a fantastic happy hour. Here they provide a happy hour at (2 pm at certain pool bars, 3 pm at others?). They do not provide any food for this time (no salsa and chips, no discounts or anything). Oh and by the way their happy hour is "buy one get one free" on "certain" drinks (which have to be alcoholic). Moving on, the staff. The staff is very nice when you speak to them. Ignacio is without a doubt the nicest one at the resort. The pool staff, front desk (especially), will speak to you when you speak to them, but are not outgoing or over excited nice to see you type of people (VERY different from the Haciendas and Sands). Next, THE SPA. WHAT A JOKE. It is called a "resort and spa." Meaning, you would expect to see a large spa, relaxation room, etc. Their spa is pretty much a closet, or an old room with 3 small closets (which are the massage rooms). NO relaxation room, no really anything besides 3 tiny massage rooms and a pedi/mani area (ALSO VERY DIFFERENT FROM SANDS/HACIENDAS). Speaking of, don't expect a market. It is pretty much also a room with few overpriced candy bars, bottles of water, and cans of soup. Wow and now we move on to the laundry nightmare. When I pressed the "laundry" button on my phone, it didn't work. Come to think of it, NONE of the buttons on my phone worked and the front desk/concierge was reminded to fix it. Anyways, I had to call the operator and ask them to connect me to laundry. Apparently their are 2 different laundry facilities. One where they do it for you, and one where you do it yourself. When I spoke to them on the phone and when they came to the room to pick it up, I asked them if it was done by weight. The lady smiled and replied "si." So of course, I sent it with her. I told her I didn't want it folded/washed/anything. I simply needed my babies clothes washed and since she was doing laundry I threw in a few of my things. Well, come to find out it is done by garmet (fyi: bring a lot of underwear, they charge $1.20 or something like that to wash it.) Imagine my astonishment when I get my bill back and my two "tiny bags of laundry" cost $89.00 US. When I went to the front desk, I was told to speak to Geraldine. (SHE WAS VERY HELPFUL . . . .NOT). At first she was very sweet because she couldn't find my bill or even figure out why it was so much. When I explained to her that $89.00 was more than my water bill back home, she said something must be wrong but politely said she would look into it after I told her my story and call me. Well when she called me, she said their must have been a "miscommunication" and she wasn't going to help me, then proceeded to call me a LIAR on the phone and tell me that I never called the concierge and I knew of the other laundry facility because I had been there? Really? When did I go? Geraldine was EXTREMELY RUDE and sadly enough she is the "supervisor." So good luck if you need help! The television doesn't have many english stations, no major stations really except for CNN (maybe a few others). There are 2 restaurants (one for adults and a family one). Las Marias has GORGEOUS views. We should know, we waited 1.5 hours for our appetizers :) The service is not good, the food was pretty good (after I sent it back to be corrected, my steak was still alive the first time it was served). I asked for a high chair for our room the day we arrived, you would have thought I asked them to move mountains. "They don't typically provide them to rooms." After I threatened to take one from the restaurant, they brought me one. Next, we decided to not use our lockoff but just the main villa and master area - once again big mistake. The walls are pencil thin. We were fortunate enough to basically share a room with a family and 2 kids. I probably know more about them then they would prefer. And our "perfect view room" was the bottom floor facing the kids pool. Everything else in the resort was "full." hmmm. . . . Lastly, another thing you probably are familiar with the card swipe system (where your room key is your credit card for the weekend). NOT HERE. Here, you have a piece of paper that works as your "charge card" (good luck not getting that wet at the pool. Or of course you can give them your room number and then you better hope you remember to sign a form or they charge you extra. Then you have a separate card to check out towels and a room key. Therefore, you have 3 separate keys. Basically, bring a wallet. You can walk around with your actual credit card if you enjoy leaving that open and out by the pool in Mexico.

Now, traveling with a baby. Like I said, the rooms are nice and if you don't know better the rooms are fantastic. The have a very pretty ceramic hard tile (which is a nightmare for a baby learning to walk). I would bring some sort of a mat for a play area. I usually bring a "Johnny Jumpup" to have some sort of area to confine her to, but the doors don't have moldings for them. Bring a baby carrier/stroller. Their are a lot of hills and stairs, sometimes a stroller is more of a hassle. Bring a high chair cover, if you finally get one, it is very dirty. BRING A PACK N PLAY. The cribs are gross! I always bring a pack n play. The room next door checked out a day earlier than we did, and the crib sat outside for an entire day and overnight before it was removed. I am sureeee that they were going to take it somewhere for a proper sterilization.

Overall, if you haven't experienced a Royal Resort, name brand resort, or really a nice getaway -the place is decent and really does have great views. If you are booking last minute through some website for an "all inclusive getaway," it is probably worth it. If you are giving up a week at one of your fantastic resorts, DO NOT COME HERE. If you are thinking about buying, STAY AWAY. This was my first attempt to "branch away and try something new." BIG MISTAKE. Bottom line, timeshare people - THIS PLACE IS A JOKE AND SO IS THEIR STAFF (or at least the people in charge who are supposed to HELP you.) Lastly, you should never be excited to go home at the end of a week long vacation. What does that tell you?

Room Tip: You want the phase facing the ocean as high as possible. (good luck with that).
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Jamie R
HaciendaEncantada, Guest Relations Manager at Hacienda Encantada Resort & Residences, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
We are so sorry about your comment, because our goal is to make your vacations a complete happy experience. We will consider your comments. Thanks
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Just returned from a 10 day stay at Hacienda Encatada...overall a fab trip. The only real negative was that because there are tile floors, be careful about who/what is above you...it can be noisey. Now, here is the fab part; the staff at this place were just way beyond our level of expectation, and believe me my level is very high. Number one guy over all is Hector; always a smile, always eager to assist with car parking, directions, rides and honest info...the resort isn't smart enough to realize this yet. The rest of the guys we had contact with for the most part with the dining room staff, including, Jesus, Ignaciao, Jorge, and a few others. All with smiles on their face, and only to eager to please. They more than made up for the mediocre quality of the morning breakfast buffet. These guys were the best we've ever experienced in our 20+ years of coming to Mexico for a winter vacation.

Room Tip: Buy this at SkyAuction.com and it will be a great deal.
Bronxville, New York
Reviewed February 7, 2013

one of the best vacations my husband and i have taken. we have visited every continent except antarctica...and we found this gem in mexico. january was perfect weather, quiet and the view is beyond explanation. rent a car, it's so worth it! drive to the city and eat at the marina - so affordable because the hotel restaurants are always limited on food choice and we wanted to taste the genuine food of mexico. love the resort - breathtaking! will go back soon!

Room Tip: we exchanged our timeshare to stay here. get the suites closest to the ocean. worth the money
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed February 4, 2013

The view from our room and the Hacienda Encantada was out of this world beautiful. Staff very attentive to all our needs. The room is just georgous. Decorating is very old world Mexican. Pool in every temperature and a huge hot tub pool. Food in restaurants was OKay. All rooms have full kitchens. I promise you will love this place.

Room Tip: Phase 1 has the best views.
New York
Reviewed February 4, 2013

The guy at marina told me to check this hotel out so that he would give me discount on activities in cabo so I went there. I had NO IDEA about timeshare.
They basically took 4 hrs from my vacation in cabo, obnoxious pushy sales guy from Canada named Jeff was drinking cocktails and pushing me so hard to purchase timeshare for hrs.
I will never ever get closer to any hotels if I hear the word timeshare going forward.
Hotel looks wonderful thou...I just hated my experience there so much and its horribly pushy sales people.

Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
6 Thank ManhattanViv
We are sorry reading about your unfortunate experience, we hope you would give us a chance to surprise you some other day with our services. Thanks for your comment.