My friends and I recently returned from a relaxing 10 night stay at the Hacienda Encantada. As soon as you drive up the long windy entrance, the immediate view you see is striking! Gorgeous Sea of Cortez right in front of you, beaches to the left and Arc in the distance to the right. The resort, grounds and rooms are beautiful! For the best views ask for a Phase 1 room on 2nd floor or higher which overlooks infinity pool and the ocean crashes on rocks at night which I love to hear. It is very hard to get a Phase 1 room even if you requested it at the time of booking. If you get stuck in Phase 2 building, you must be all the way to the right and upper floors to have great view of water. Otherwise it is barely oceanview. We wound up changing rooms 3 times until we were satisfied and the only reason we could is because the resort was not full. The day we were leaving 11/3/12, droves of people were checking in so we hit it at the perfect time!
This was my second time at this resort. We opted for 3 days of the all-inclusive plan and 1 week non all-inclusive. There are just too many phenomenal restaurants in Cabo to stay at the resort the entire time but the first 3 days was just right. The breakfast buffet was just average with not a big variety but food at the pools and dinner at the restaurants were all above average.
The pools are beautiful but very different. The phase 1 pools are infinity, sun chairs in pool, stunning view and also very crowded. It is obviously the more popular of the pools which is why we had the phase 2 pool practically to ourselves the entire 10 days which was fine with us!
The rooms are nice and roomy. Housekeeping was not very good as there were too many days to count that we did not receive enough towels or any wash clothes. Finally had to write in spanish and leave not in bathroom spelling out exactly how many of each we wanted. The beds are comfortable but the pills are not! They are either hard as rocks or soft as marshmallows - no in between.
The service was phenomenal from check in, to check out. Bell Service and cart drivers are exceptional! They are very friendly and always want to help. Cesar at Concierge was also very helpful. Spa ran great specials and we all loved our massages!
You definitely need to rent a car in Cabo. We ventured out to nearby beaches this trip that were absolutely stunning with calm water to swim. These beaches were literally 5 or so minutes down the road. Santa Maria beach was a bit prettier but snorkeling was much better at Chilean beach. These are both public beaches but were not crowded and were so pretty. Sand was kind of rough though - definitely not powdery white sand but still nice.
This is a beautiful resort in a great location and the weather was absolutely perfect every day! It was hard to believe hurricane Sandy was in full force at home while we were in paradise every day in Cabo!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unique and breathtakingly beautiful, this spectacular Contemporary Hacienda style Luxury All Inclusive resort located on the Tourist Corridor in Cabo San Lucas offers magnificent panoramic views to the Sea of Cortes, romantic settings, distinctive dining, spacious and luxurious accommodations, and a variety of venues for special events. Your will be amazed of the bright, terracotta colored, Mexican Hacienda style buildings that are beautifully decorated with handmade Talavera tile murals, vases, classical sculptures, Spanish colonial fountains, contemporary art for contrast, and upscale traditional Mexican furnishing, driving them to experience an authentic Mexican ambiance throughout their stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TravelUp, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hacienda Encantada Resort & Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Encantada Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Hacienda Encantada Resort And Spa
- Hacienda Encantada Resort & Residences Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos