“Wow--It gets better!”

Hacienda Encantada Resort & Residences
Ranked #20 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed October 14, 2012

As you may have previously read in reviews from me we purchased a couple of weeks at Hacienda Encantada when it was still dirt. We were blown away with the view of Lands End and the craggy rocks upon which it was to be built. Then the economy tumbled and we got nervous, but the first unit was completed on time and we spent our first week about four years ago. We've seen it go through growing pains like fumbles with checkins, service, etc. They've continued to build new phases and spruce up the place, such that we've been continually impressed by evolution of the facilities each of the seven times we've been back. In some cases, staff has not kept up But we arrived yesterday for another week, and it's like there's a "new sheriff in town" . We parked our rental car and before we even got out of the car a waiter was standing by with a tray of margaritas and other beverages. A representative from reception was also there to verify our reservation and take us to the check-in clerk, who speedily completed the process of assigning us a room and made sure we had the proper room keys and wi-fi information. We then were met by one of the bell staff who had already loaded our bags and groceries onto a cart and sped us to our room. He explained along the way that the restaurant by the second pool was now exclusively Italian, so that now there were three distinctively different restaurants on the property. Since our last stay here last December I had read some reviews about poor service at the pool bar and Las Maria's Restaurant, so we kept our eyes open, but didn't see any of it. In fact bar and restaurant staff seem almost over attentive, taking orders, whisking orders to patrons. They've really got their act together.

All in all we're thrilled. As one of the original "owners" we take pride that a decision we made early on has been validated. The buildings were there, and now the management has an exceptional staff who make this a truly world class resort. We still have five days to go and are looking forward to every minute. Now if the weather would only cooperate--they're expecting thunderstorms for the next three days!

Room Tip: The first phase has the best view of the Sea of Cortez and the best ocean noises, but the second and...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank lovecabo2002

Reviewed October 14, 2012

When I made my reservation many months ago, I was confirmed in a Luxury King Penthouse Junior Suite in Phase 1. I made sure that this is what I was confirmed as last time I came here I had this same problem because it was "only a request" not confirmed. this time I had it in writing and confirmed. Did they honor it? Of course not. I ended up on the bottom floor with two double beds. Had I known I'd be dealing with this, I would've stayed somewhere else. I called the front desk when I first got to my room and they didn't care, said they were completely booked and 'maybe tomorrow' they could move me rooms. Well tomorrow is here and no one seemed to remember my problems or my written confirmation because they still cant accommodate me. I have spoken to probably 6 different people and only 1 has even apologized. This is absolutely ridiculous. They are going to try to move me into another bottom floor king size room in a few hours and I'm supposed to just wait around until it's available. I'll tell you one thing for sure......NEVER AGAIN! They have ruined my vacation and filled it with aggravation. It's more about the principle than anything else. Why confirm something you don't have? Oh yeah cuz I told them I wanted to stay someplace else if they didn't have what I wanted available.....simple as that. So they LIED to me and told me it was available!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Cabo_Fan_1999
Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

Recommended by a friend, I took my girlfriend to the restaurant here at the Hacienda. We were blown away with the beautiful view the restaurant has and after eating an excellent, truly exquisite meal will recommend this Hotel to anyone who comes and visits me here in Cabo. Excellent service, better food and an amazing view make this a great choice for dining. I have to return for a sunset dinner one day!

• Stayed: September 2012
HaciendaEncantada, Guest Relations Manager at Hacienda Encantada Resort & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Hi larryschwartz2012,
We're happy to hear you and your girlfriend enjoyed dining at our restaurant. We have so many amazing dishes to choose from, and we're glad you both enjoyed every bit of your meal. We hope to have you both back again soon!

Reviewed October 7, 2012

I love my resort, but this time the pool service was not good. Bell staff (all) , Mara the concierge, and Coni at the front desk were fantastic. Food was good service was slow, but Alexis was wonderful. Staff always nice, but the pool staff not attentive this trip. I will be back, please make it better.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Lyndsay L

Hi Lyndsay L,
We're happy to hear our front desk was able to accommodate your needs through your trip and apologize if the service at our pool was not attentive. We certainly want all of our guests to feel satisfied with our assistance and again are sorry if this is not what you experienced during your stay. We thank you for your review and we'll be sure to provide you and your guests with a better experience the next time you visit Hacienda Encantada Resort & Spa.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

I want to write a wonderful review for Gildardo, he is an employee of the Hacienda Resort! He drives the golfcarts on the property, no cars are allowed on the property! He is VERY polite and helpful and such a hard worker......really ready to please! We thoroughly enjoyed his service and we will look him up again when we visit next time!

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the upper floors, great view for the ocean!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Poodlemom0906
Reviewed September 20, 2012

This was our first trip to Cabo and it was beautiful! We really enjoyed Hacienda Encantada, we were there in September so the resort was very slow since it is the rainy season. My only complaints was the time share presentation while told it would take only 90 minutes took over 3 hours, so please try to avoid it if you don’t have the time. During the happy hour at the pool bar they made a mistake on our tab, which took over a hour to clear up, otherwise the resort is very clean and new. Few notes, there is a few 10.00 per person for a round trip bus ride to Cabo downtown, please keep that in mind, we found it cheaper to just rent a car.

Room Tip: Rooms in Phase I have the best ocean views, request this phase when you make your reservation.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Durtman
HaciendaEncantada, Guest Relations Manager at Hacienda Encantada Resort & Residences, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

We at Hacienda Encantada Resort & Spa are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We apologize for any inconveniences you experienced throughout our informational session as well as the mix up during happy hour. We hope that it was taken care of in a timely manner, as guest satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us. We appreciate your feedback and hope to have you back again in the near future!

Reviewed September 20, 2012

This was our first trip to Cabo San Lucas. In fact, our first trip to the Pacific Coast. The staff at the hotel was very attentive and we highly recommend this resort. Particularly, the bell boys Fransisco and Paul. They were always there and took good care of us. Also, we ate dinner at Las Marias 3 of the 5 nights we were there and it was BY FAR the best food we had the whole trip. We have often longed for that guacamole since we left!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Brooks L

Hi Brooks L,
Thank you for sharing your recent visit at Hacienda Encantada Resort & Spa. Guest satisfaction is of the utmost importance and we're glad Francisco and Paul were able to accommodate you throughout your trip. You will just have to come back to enjoy some relaxation and guacamole soon!