We piggy-backed on our friend's timeshare trip this year along with 2 other couples, so we brought our own party with us. Very glad that we had a fun group as there was nothing happening at this resort other than the sheer beauty of the place...and that is considerable. The rooms are very nice with small kitchens, sitting area, good sized bathrooms, and a comfy bed. The views vary, of course, and ours opened onto one of the courtyards. Our patio had a partial ocean view with a little neck strain.
The humidity was pretty brutal during our trip with some evenings over 80% and most days in the 70's. Temps were 85-90, so I'm thinking July was a bad month for coming this far South. AC in the rooms and the ceiling fan worked great. The rooms were set up with auto shutoffs though so if there was no movement, the fans and lights turn off. I didn't care too much for that.
The hotel is built on a hill so it's a pretty good workout walking anywhere. The staff are happy to drive you around on golf carts, but I found it a bit of a pain to have to call for a ride somewhere. We usually just mountain-goated it up the hill. The staff was friendly over-all. No complaints. Restaurants were not anything special. We didn't go all-inclusive as it seemed $80/day was too steep. Drinks and food were pretty expensive, but you tend to expect that. There is a fridge in the room and we made a run to Wal-mart. Taxis are easy to get for rides anywhere and you can wheel and deal with them on the $$. There is a shuttle to the sister hotel down on the water, but the shuttle was $5/person and ends at 8PM. The one time we took it was the last as the air didn't work in the shuttle and I thought my wife was going to kill the driver. It's a bit of a pain to have to take a taxi or any ride into town, but there is zero nightlife at Hacienda Encantada. Perhaps when all the phases are complete, then there will be sufficient numbers of people to expand. The place is certainly set up to do anything they want. The bars are beautiful and the courtyards large. They did have some Mexican dancing, but it was pretty hokey to me.
The pools were really nice....Infinity pool is beautiful with a swim up bar. There isn't any beach access as the shoreline is rocky. The waves were crazy and you'd have to be even crazier to try to get into the ocean there. It's fun and relaxing to look at though. There are a couple of jacuzzis and kiddie pools. I didn't see too many kids, but there is also a kid's water park area. It looked like a small splash zone, but I didn't pay too much attention.
We did the timeshare presentation. They offered us pretty good incentives so we took the couple hours to eat breakfast and listen to the pitch. Pretty easy to say no. We got 4 free booze cruises along with some other discount stuff.
There is free wifi in the rooms, but it's pretty slow. Better than nothing. My wife got a spa treatment and wasn't too impressed. The gal who did her facial didn't speak any English at all, so she couldn't talk to her about anything. My wife said that the facial ended up being more of a massage, which is not what she wanted.
Overall, I'm thinking it would be worth another trip, but I'd wait 5 years until Phase 3 is done. We like more of a party though. If you're looking for quiet, then maybe you'd like it the way it is. Pass on July though as it was too hot and humid.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unique and breathtakingly beautiful, this spectacular contemporary hacienda style luxury all-inclusive resort located on the tourist corridor in Cabo San Lucas offers magnificent panoramic views to the Sea of Cortes, romantic settings, distinctive dining, spacious and luxurious accommodations, and a variety of venues for special events. Your will be amazed of the bright, terracotta colored, Mexican hacienda style buildings that are beautifully decorated with handmade Talavera tile murals, vases, classical sculptures, Spanish colonial fountains, contemporary art for contrast, and upscale traditional Mexican furnishing, driving them to experience an authentic Mexican ambiance throughout their stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Groupon, TravelUp, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Hacienda Encantada Resort & Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Encantada Resort And Spa
- Hacienda Encantada Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Hacienda Encantada Resort & Residences Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos