“Save Your Money - It's Not What You Think”
Review of Cabo Adventures

Los Cabos Luxury Snorkel and Lunch Cruise
Ranked #2 of 217 Tours in Cabo San Lucas
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Are you ready to try the coolest and most exciting adventure water sport? Want to experience what is like to fly out of the water like Ironman? Then you have to try Flyboard! Our instructors are professionally trained and have one goal: to make sure you have fun and safe time. Don't miss your chance to try this amazing activity.
Vancouver, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Save Your Money - It's Not What You Think”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

If you are hoping to swim and interact with dolphins you are looking at the wrong tour. For the minimal package ($109) you sit in 2 feet of water in a concrete pool and line up for a commercial photo shoot. No cameras allowed, and their pictures start at $25 for a single small photo. I actually felt bad for the trainer - she was really knowledgeable - but all the focus was on the photo and video shoot so she is not given time to share her expertise. All in all a colossal dissapointment and even bigger waste of money.

5 Thank John88582

Bakersfield
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great Time Great Experience!!!”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I Attended Cabo Adventures (Zipline) tour in August 2013 on a rainy day to be specific. The crew is hilarious and very helpful! They make sure you have a great time and make you feel comfortable, as comfortable as someone can be when ziplining off a cliff lol. I was able to be a part of the Blue Crew the guys are awesome! They joke and make sure you have a great experience. Its so safe Im glad I gave this a try!! The drive is a little far out but they offer free transportation so its not a hassel. (Jordan, Dany, are a couple of the guys i remember) but the whole staff is awesome! Give it a shot. I never thought id zip line let alone upside down and now i cant wait to go back. Go early before the sun I got lucky and enjoyed it on a rainy day! Great Time and a great experience. (Blue Team)

Mandan, North Dakota
“Cabo Adventures”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

My husband and I traveled to Cabo San Lucas for our honeymoon in August 2013. We knew we wanted to do a couple of day trips and had a pretty good idea of what we wanted to do. We had a little bit of a problem booking our adventures (not at any fault of Cabo Adventures) with the rep we worked with originally (Apple Vacations). The rep from Amstar that was also at our resort got everything cleared up for us and even though we got pushed back one day with everything it still worked out.

We did the Dolphin Swim, Sea & Snorkel Adventure, and the Zipline Adventure (it was a buy 2 get one free deal). All three tours were FANTASTIC!!! The trainers/guides knew exactly what was happening at all times, they were very knowledgeable about the tours, and so much fun to spend the day with.

I think our only complaint would be the price of the pictures with the dolphin swim being the most expensive. We didn't take much money with the first day because we didn't know what to expect, but next time we will be ready.

I don't remember our trainers name with the dolphin swim, but Mario was our guide for the snorkel adventure and I believe Danny was one of our guides on the zipline adventure... AWESOME JOB!! We would highly recommend Cabo Adventures to anybody and will definitely be back!

Hughson, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Dolphin Adventure”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Cabo Adventures runs a professional business and we were mostly pleased this excursion during our recent trip to San Jose Del Cabo last week. The only complaint I have is that if you want to take pictures, you have to stand in a very small observation area far from where the kids are in the water and there is a thick wood fence between the two locations. The trainer and the multiple picture/video taking staff are really good at standing in a place that makes it really hard for parents to take their own good pictures. After it is over if you want their pictures you have to pay anywhere from $99 to about $200 then an additional $35 if you want the poor quality video. We were told by our concierge when we signed up for the excursion that we could just purchase the video but found out when we were done that we could only get the video if we purchase a picture package. I don't know why the video quality was so horrible (640x480 or less) since they were using a Go-Pro HD and other HD cameras. When I showed my Mom the video after we returned home on full screen, she couldn't even tell who the people were in the video. For the $100+ price per person (lowest available if you sit in a 2 hr time share speal) I expected the pictures to be more reasonable. Be ready to not get very good memories to take home unless your willing to pay $$$.

1 Thank DiamondOwner1
Houston, Texas
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Camels and Snorkeling”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We traveled to Cabo in August 2013 for vacation as a young married couple and used Cabo Adventures for the Camel Safari and snorkeling.

In the Camel Safari, you drive about 30 minutes from downtown Cabo San Lucas, participate in a 30 minute nature walk, drive to the beach, take a quick 15 minute camel ride, learn some camel history, have a Mexican lunch, taste tequila, and then return to the Dolphin center. It was a decent excursion with the Mexican lunch as the highlight. Not an authentic adventure as the Camels come from the US. It's not an excursion I'd rave about to friends but was an enjoyable morning. We would recommend this excursion in the morning due to the heat.

For the snorkeling, you meet at the Cabo San Lucas dolphin center, walk to an inflatable boat (I.e. this isn't a booze cruise, you can't walk around on the boat), boat to Chilean Bay, snorkel, stand up paddle board and canoe, boat back with a quick scenic view of the arch. Again, it was a decent excursion but nothing unique compared to other such adventures. If you just want to snorkel, you could take a cab to Chilean Bay and have the same experience for much less cost. We enjoyed trying stand up paddle boarding for the first time.

One plus of this tour company is the free transportation to and from the hotel. However, if you are staying in San Jose del Cabo, be warned this means about 4 hours of wasted travel time for a 3 hour excursion as you stop at all the various hotels. We valued our time more than the cost of the taxi and arranged our own transportation for the second excursion.

As a final remark, we did have a negative encounter with one employee. All other staff members were perfectly polite so this fellow may just be one bad apple.