“First Place Black & Green Fishing Tournament October 2012”

Redrum Sportfishing
More attraction details
Owner description: We are an American owned and operated charter company that has been operating with local crews for 15 years. From Pangas, to cruisers, to sportfishers, to luxury yachts, we have a boat for every budget. We were tourist anglers like you, and after many trips to Cabo we decided we had to come down and try to make a dream a reality. Being in your shoes for many years, we know what the our clients are looking for and expect when they come join us for a day on the water. If you've gotten this far in your research you know this sport isn't cheap. While we aren't the cheapest, nor the most expensive, we feel like we provide the absolute best value for your dollar. There are a lot of costs that come with trying to make sure you have a great day on the water and without top of line gear, electronics, and well kept boats you don't stand a chance out there. We are a small family operation and we enjoy getting to know our customers on a personal level. Come give us a shot and we'll show you the Team RedRum difference.
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I can't say enough good about Redrum Sportfishing! Aboard the flagship "Redrum" 31 Bertram we won the 2012 Trip Advisor Black & Green Fishing Tournament this year! The bite was not hot by any means as the bill fish caught for the entire 2 day tournament by over 40 anglers was only 3 Striped Marlin and 1 Sailfish. Usually in October the bite is on and the fishing comes easy however this tournament fell only a few days after a major rain and wind event flooding the streets of Cabo and washing away large areas of beach and roads. This stirred up the usually warm Cabo waters and made fishing slow at best. Sure you can count on the ever present Dorado but in order to win this event you need multiple spieces and a great boat and crew!
My guys Omar and Americo knew just where we had to be to get our Tuna early and then on to fill our Dorado needed. Along the way we managed the only sailfish of the tournament to put us over the top.
You can buy a boat on the boardwalk or you can reserve a quality fishing experience and either way, it's expensive! But not so expensive as an all day boat ride with nothing to show for it. This is a family run business with long time roots in Cabo and the states. They have some of the best captains and mates in Cabo and they really bust their butts to put you on fish and help make your fishing day a worth the time and money experiance.
Thanks again Redrum!

1  Thank fish4brains

Reviewed November 6, 2012

I'm been coming to Cabo San Lucas for more than 20 years and I discovered Redrum a few years ago and I been a loyal customer ever since! The captians, crew, boats, equipment and customer services are first rate. They will vaccum seal your fish and store it for you for the trip home. If you want to go fishing in Cabo San Lucas, look up Redrum, You wont be disappointed!

Reviewed November 6, 2012

I recently stayed in cabo at a resort and it was a dream to catch a sailfish one day !! Well , cabo seemed to be a great place to try so I booked a trip out with Redrum sport fishing !! Right from the start , they were excellent in responding and helping me to choose the right trip for me !!! After arriving , Tiffany was wonderful with directing me there and informing me on how to prepare for my trip !! The morning of the trip we met with John and quickly got us all set up and ready to go , again , very friendly and informative !!! Ramone was our captain and juan was our first mate aboard the "reel rum" !! We cast off about 6 am and had our lines in at 7:00 !! At 7:35 it happened quickly !! We had a sailfish on and it was amazing watching it come out of the water !! Juan quickly got me situated in the fight chair and the fight began !! It was amazing !!! Ram one kept the boat right where it should be and we landed the fish in about 25 minutes !! A 7' 120 pounder !!! My day and my dream was completely fulfilled at that point but we kept on and ended with 9 more durado that day !!! All great fights and amazing fun !! We kept our limit and released the rest then returned to the marina ! The sea lions were amazing and juan coaxed them right up so we could feed them !! When we returned to the office Tiffany quickly took the sailfish measurements from the captain and got my trophy mount ordered for me !! John then had a durado filleted for us and pointed us to a restaurant that cooked it sux different ways for us right then and there !!! Amazing lunch !!! It was a great day and I thank the entire team at Redrum and will certainly spread the word of there professionalism and kind actions to everyone I talk too !!!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This was my husbands dream come true. I have never really dream"t of doing this so for me I was not that excited. When we got out to where we would fish and started catching...the fun began. We caught several Durado (mahi mahi) and we were lucky to reel in a 160lb stripped Marlin. I would definitely book again.

1  Thank Kimmber
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Given the number of positive reviews on Trip Advisor and word of mouth kudos we heard about Redrum, I knew going into the experience that Redrum had a reputation to uphold as one of the best fishing companies in Cabo. They did not disappoint.

The Redrum website (which is well designed and user-friendly) states that reservations need to be made 24 hours in advance. Well, I called the number on the Redrum business card at 7:00pm the night before the trip and asked if they had anything available for the following morning. I did not know what to expect (given that I have never chartered a fishing trip before), but I would not have been surprised if the answer was "No, its too late to set anything up". But instead Ryan (the owners son) called around for an availability and got back to me that night letting me know that we were on for 6:30am the next day. Talk about Making it Happen!!!

The rest of the experience was awesome. We caught five Dorado that day (lost two of them close to the boat) and came back with at least 30 pounds of fish steaks. Redrum vacuum sealed our catch and we brought the fish back to our hotel and put them in the hotel freezer.

We got to talk to John, the owner of Redrum, and discussed the history of his business and the marketing aspects of Redrum Customer service at this place will ensure the continued success of this company for years to come. I cannot recommend Redrum strongly enough for your fishing needs.

FYI, Redrum is also pro-military and provides charters for disabled vets who have been wounded in action. Good stuff. I would like to see more companies extend appreciation in the way that Redrum does to those who serve at the behest of the nation.