“You will love it too!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine
Good for: Local cuisine
Reviewed April 3, 2014

We were so lucky to have come across this wonderful restaurant. We were really hungry and on our way to a restaurant off the main blvd. All of a sudden we picked up these savoring scents. I turned and looked into this restaurant and saw a modest, nicely decorated and clean sitting area. I told my wife and kids, this is the place we need to eat. The food smells just like my abuelita's kitchen!

The food was amazing. Anything we ordered was delicious! Everything was cooked to order, fresh ingredients, home made tortillas and the service was outstanding. My wife and I kept referring to the fact that we felt like we were at our tia's or grandmother's kitchen.

My favorite were the chile rellenos. My wife loved their gorditas and chilaquiles. My kids kept ordering the beef tacos. This place is not expensive at all. We came here a few more times during our week here.

So if you want to enjoy true mexican food and be treated like family, this is the place. It's clean and has friendly service...don't leave Cabo without eating here!

2  Thank mendez99

Reviewed March 23, 2014

I stopped in while wandering around one day. The owner was there and was so kind and helpful in explaining the different meals they served. Not all the staff spoke English, but they all had smiles on their faces and were eager to please. Every time I walked by after that they would smile and wave to me. Made me feel good that they not only remembered me, but were so friendly even though I wasn't eating.

The food is cooked to order and was very good. Large servings with very fresh ingredients, cooked right before you. I will definitely eat there again when I get back to Cabo.

1  Thank Krim
Reviewed March 21, 2014

From the street (Leona Vicaro) this place looks clean, tiny, unassuming. Only 8 seats visible, plus a few more out back which seem like they are for the family. In any case, it would be easy to walk buy this place, but don't. Even if you don't think you are hungry, slip in through the big open doors, and order a few things. We spent 4 days in Cabo and ate meals or snacks here 3 times - gorditas, quesadillas, tacos, chilaquiles - all of it FANTASTIC and very reasonable. Super nice family that runs the whole operation. Very authentic, not touristy at all (yet, although too many tripadvisor reviews and it will become so). Breakfast & food until late afternoon, and apparently they are planning to extend hours to include dinner soon. Hope they don't burn themselves out - they work hard, produce great food in a great little streetside setting - and will also happily tell you what beaches to visit and other favorite haunts of theirs. I love this place. Worth going back to Cabo area just to eat here. Open 8-5 right now.

1  Thank justhavingfun1
Reviewed March 8, 2014

I very recently ate lunch at this authentic mexican restaurant with my Mother and Father. We had 6 chicken tacos, 3 beef gorditas, 2 chicken quesadillas, and 3 soft drinks for 23 dollars! We were all full and very pleased with the friendly service and very tasty food. I will no doubt return to this little spot each year I return to Cabo. It is family owed and only a few months old. It was very clean and in a nice little spot along side one of the main streets in downtown Cabo.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

Wonderful eating experience, very helpful explaining the menu they speak english so they can answer all your questions. I tried the hybiscus drink it was amazing. The food is amazing abd very reasonable. If I get back to Cabo I will definitely go bad:-)