“Cabo Magic Sportsfishing”

Cabo Magic Sportfishing
More attraction details
Owner description: Cabo Magic(R) Sportfishing has specialized in Cabo San Lucas Fishing Charters aboard Pangas, Cruiser, Sportfishers and Yachts since we were established in 1999. As seen on ESPN - OUTDOOR CHANNEL - OUTDOOR LIFE - VERSUS NETWORK. We are under the same ownership AND leadership since then as well. We look forward to the opportunity to Welcome You Aboard, because "We Are Ready To Hook You Up!" (C) 1999 Tommy & Lori Garcia
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We were on a Carnival cruise that stopped in Cabo, I booked a fishing excursion through Cabo Magic several months in advance. The booking was very easy and straight forward. We were met on the pier by a Cabo Magic representative who took us right to the fishing boat. We were only able to spend about 4 hours fishing due to cruise ship issues. The crew on the fishing boat was able to put us on striped marlin and we landed 2 large marlins and a mahi-mahi in that short time. Would have loved to have more time. The crew on the fishing boat spoke good English and assisted us rookies on how to bring the fish in.

1  Thank Chris P
in 6 reviews
"got sick"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed January 17, 2013

I had fished several times before about 45 minutes north of the Cabo area with my boys and this past Christmas (2012) the whole family was going to Cabo San Lucas and the boys wanted to fish again along with their 17 year old sister who never had been fishing.
I searched quite a bit on the web for place to book the charter but ran into a lot of confusion and inquires that were never answered until I tried Cabo Magic and spoke to Lori. She was very friendly and patient and asked the right questions found us the right boats and the follow-up was spectacular. Emails followed that provided a map of where to find the boat, suggestions for lunch and beverage provisions and many other helpful and important essentials.
The Captain and mate were friendly and helpful and the four of us on the boat all caught a mix of Dorado and marlin. On the way back to the dock we were entertained by two Sea Lions that hopped onto the back of the boat to be hand fed our left over bait fish.
We will be booking again with Cabo Magic when we return again next Christmas.

Thanks Lori and Tommy

1  Thank Tim E
Reviewed December 15, 2012

My wife and I have booked charters (both 34ft and panga) both this year and last.
On both trips we have been on excellant boats with well qualified crews, who worked hard to see to it that we had as good an experience as weather and the fish would allow.
Lori Garcia (co-owner with her husband) has always been cheerful, helpful and prompt in answering questions either by e-mail or by phone.
I am employed as a guide in Alaska in the summer and know quality service.
I got it a Cabo Magic, and will state without reservation that contrary to a few of the reviews I've seen here, this is a good place to book a trip.

1  Thank flyphish56
Reviewed December 12, 2012

For a busy Wall Street guy like myself that tries to fish without any hastles and wants the best, Cabo Magic is it! It was easy to arrange and worth every penny. Lori was great to work with. When I got to the boat everything was ready to go. I fish 2 - 3 days a week in MA and NY. This was better than I expected. Great boat! Great gear! Great bait! The "best" crew". My full day was right out of a TV show. 7 Striped Marlin, 1 Sailfish, 3 Dorado.... All by 2 pm. My vacation was complete becasue of this fishing trip. Trust me they know their stuff and you will have the time of your life! MS

1  Thank Michael S
See more reviews
Reviewed December 12, 2012

We had an excellent experience with Cabo Magic.
Lori was easy to deal with and professional all the way through, set expectations accurately, and followed through on what she promised. She went the extra mile, calling us the night before we left for Cabo to alert us to a good offshore opportunity at Finger Banks that was available if we wanted it. We took the extra ride, and it was well worth it: Three big striped Marlin and big Dorado. Lori also called when we arrived in Cabo to check in, and was generally highly responsive to our questions. We felt well taken care of the whole time.
Most importantly, our crew was fantastic. I have fished with many crews, and know the difference between pros and amateurs. These two are pros. The boat was running and ready to go when we showed up on the dock, they worked hard all day (Luis climbed into the fly bridge at 630am and didn't come down til we pulled back into the dock at 530pm. Ulysis worked the cockpit constantly - cleaning, checking lines, changing lures, etc), are nice guys, and LOVE to fish. They were as excited to catch fish as we were. I had my 9 year old son with me, and they were great with him and he had a blast.
We will be back with Cabo Magic next time.

1  Thank fapreston